• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

Has anyone made theme park reservations yet? According to my GCH reservation, I should be able to book my reservation tomorrow, but I wasn't quite sure if I needed to go in every day and book each day we want to be in the park or if I should wait and do it all at once. Also, does anyone know what time the reservation window opens? Thanks in advance.
If you look at the 120-day availability calendar, it's only in the upcoming week or so that reservations are unavailable. I've been taking that to mean that it's not really crucial to reserve months in advance. I'd prefer to wait until closer to vacation time, so I know which attractions and amenities are actually available in November and plan accordingly.
Am I correct in that approach? Our am I missing something and taking a risk?
I realize you can always cancel reservations and make new ones, but that sounds like a hassle.

Great questions, goofy1954. I wasn't sure if I should wait until closer when we have more info, or if I was in danger of not getting a reservation since it is such a busy time.

We will be there 11/14-11/17 staying at GCH!

I have a question about making a park reservation. We have a two day hopper and want to go on the 15th and 16th. Reservations are open for the 15th as of today, do I need to wait until tomorrow to make my reservations for both days?

Has anyone made theme park reservations yet? According to my GCH reservation, I should be able to book my reservation tomorrow, but I wasn't quite sure if I needed to go in every day and book each day we want to be in the park or if I should wait and do it all at once. Also, does anyone know what time the reservation window opens? Thanks in advance.

Not sure on what time the window opens but you can book day by day or all at once. I don't think days are selling out quick. We'll be there on Thanksgiving day so in my case I'm going to make sure I do mine day by day, just for my own peace of mind.

We will be there 11/14-11/17 staying at GCH!

I have a question about making a park reservation. We have a two day hopper and want to go on the 15th and 16th. Reservations are open for the 15th as of today, do I need to wait until tomorrow to make my reservations for both days?

You can make your first day reservation today if you want to!

Everyone should be on the list, let me know if I missed ya!

I'm so impatient for this trip- I feel like we've already waited centuries to come back. 😂
Hasn't it been??? I feel like I could plan a pre covid trip to Disneyworld easier than this trip in November to land... ahhhhhh

Hello! I am here to get excited about this November trip…so hesitant still with uncertainty. But I can’t deny that I’m hopeful bc I made this reservation 11months out 🤪 we are planning 11/20-26 VGC our home resort. Next step is to buy passes and make park reservations.

I made my reservations but I don’t want to get my hopes up to much! After multiple cancellations last year I don’t feel like I’ll believe it till I’m walking into the park…. Part of me feels like I should change plans and go ASAP!

I, too, am nervous about getting too excited since we also rescheduled so many times. I'm really hoping we'll make it this time!

I'm just so worried about CA imposing restrictions again with everything going on that could impact the theme parks or bringing back they tier system that restricts out of state guests. Maybe I'm just traumatized from also having this trip cancelled so many times- its hard not to be anxious when it's this far out.

Ugh ugh ugh...everything is SO up in the air for Canadians traveling to the States that it is hard to make any firm plans and even harder to allow ourselves to get excited. Since March 2020 we have planned and cancelled at least 5 trips and modified 2 local BC trips. For this November 2021 trip, the only thing I've booked is the hotel which we can cancel 48 hours in advance. I keep looking at flights and tickets/reservations but have not yet actually booked anything.

Ugh ugh ugh...everything is SO up in the air for Canadians traveling to the States that it is hard to make any firm plans and even harder to allow ourselves to get excited. Since March 2020 we have planned and cancelled at least 5 trips and modified 2 local BC trips. For this November 2021 trip, the only thing I've booked is the hotel which we can cancel 48 hours in advance. I keep looking at flights and tickets/reservations but have not yet actually booked anything.
Totally can relate to this... I Have booked our park days only because I already have tickets from the previously cancelled trips... We have a hotel and a car rental booked that can be cancelled but I am not ready to book any flights. We Keep thinking maybe driving would be better with less contacts but that will add on an extra 4 days or more. Ugh I don't know what to do my thoughts are all over the place.

I'm sorry to hear all the worries, but a bit comforted that I'm not the only one wondering about our trip. We've rescheduled 5-6 times and I thought by delaying until November we'd have the best chance of finally making it. Now I'm not so sure! We're all set with tickets, flights, and hotels, but everything can be canceled if necessary.

I'm sorry to hear all the worries, but a bit comforted that I'm not the only one wondering about our trip. We've rescheduled 5-6 times and I thought by delaying until November we'd have the best chance of finally making it. Now I'm not so sure! We're all set with tickets, flights, and hotels, but everything can be canceled if necessary.
It is so stressful. I keep thinking I am crazy to even try to pull this off but I really want to go!!!! Let's hope this darn Delta Variant slows down and we will all be walking onto Main Street sobbing away because we are back. I told hubby no judging me if I start to bawl when I walk into the park. Normally I am a little teary but no one notices:rotfl:. I have a bad feeling I won't be hiding it this trip

We've rescheduled 5-6 times and I thought by delaying until November we'd have the best chance of finally making it.

I'm hoping now that tourism has been let out of the bottle, so to speak, they won't try to jam it back in. But man, I thought the same with delaying our trip and now I'm thinking we should have just gone now!

It is so stressful. I keep thinking I am crazy to even try to pull this off but I really want to go!!!! Let's hope this darn Delta Variant slows down and we will all be walking onto Main Street sobbing away because we are back. I told hubby no judging me if I start to bawl when I walk into the park. Normally I am a little teary but no one notices:rotfl:. I have a bad feeling I won't be hiding it this trip

Oh, Im right there with you I'll be sobbing the whole walk down Main Street!

Unfortunately, this is the way of the world right now. You could try the Hawai'i thing and "hang loose" because it is out of your control. We've had six trips cancelled/delayed (depending on how you want to look at it) and our first trip was during the out-of-staters-have-leprosy phase (unclean! unclean!) and we could only do DTD but at least we had VGC 1br. I consider it our warm-up trip to lessen the shock of the whole park experience.

Anywho, we are looking forward to our next trips, but whatever happens, happens.

Well, I think I'm out. I was very excited for no masks, but it seems I missed my window. I have an extremely difficult time wearing a mask, so I don't even want that on a portion of my (very expensive) vacation. Don't get me wrong, I mask up for my grocery trips, etc, but its a struggle. Maybe next year...

We are planning Nov.19-25, staying at the Portofino Inn and Suites. Hopefully nothing goes super sideways ( we booked a non refundable room). We are hoping to do 6 days in the park, but I don't know how to do that since they only sell 5 days and you have to make reservations. Normally I would just add a day once we are there but since it's Thanksgiving week, I'm nervous about doing that. Any ideas? I want to make the reservations but am unsure on what day to leave off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter