******Official DLR May 2021 Check In Thread*******

I know I need to update the main page! I’ll get on it today! It’s hard to do from my phone!
We said we’d rent a cabana at DLH if it opened by Memorial Day.... but since GCH pool slide is closed, I gotta think that even *if* DLH opened... the monorail slide would be closed- which was the point of the cabana. Bummer! Another time maybe!

We said we’d rent a cabana at DLH if it opened by Memorial Day.... but since GCH pool slide is closed, I gotta think that even *if* DLH opened... the monorail slide would be closed- which was the point of the cabana. Bummer! Another time maybe!
We've been wanted a DLH cabana, too. Original plan had been to get one for Saturday of Labor Day weekend 2020, check in day at the VGC so that would be our afternoon break from the park while waiting for the room to be ready (2 bedrooms always seem to take until 4p to be cleaned). Now with hoppers so expensive, I'm not sure we want to do that for this Labor Day, even if the DLH is open. Maybe October if I keep that trip/have a 1 day ticket for Sunday. I'll be watching for news regarding DLH opening and the cabanas as well.

My husband and I there 5/21-5/23...checking in on my birthday! It's also our first Disneyland trip without our kids.

Any advice for parents rolling solo for the first time?! I plan so thoroughly because our kids (8 year-old twins and a 2 year-old), are always with us, but now I'm at a loss for where to begin!
Cheers!

Phew! I think I got everyone in that first post. Please let me know if I missed you!

How Fun HappyThoughts! Just you do you- no worrying about what the kids like!

My husband and I there 5/21-5/23...checking in on my birthday! It's also our first Disneyland trip without our kids.
Some overlap, 5/19-5/22.
Any advice for parents rolling solo for the first time?!
Relax, enjoy sitting out on your balcony surrounded by Disney music coming from DCA. Have your morning coffee relaxing in the VGC lobby, maybe sitting by one of the fireplaces. Revel in the not-crowds at your almost private retreat because only WE are allowed on the hotel grounds. :welcome:

Any advice for parents rolling solo for the first time?! I plan so thoroughly because our kids (8 year-old twins and a 2 year-old), are always with us, but now I'm at a loss for where to begin!
Cheers!
I'd book Carthay/Lamplighter/Cafe Orleans, whichever suits your fancy. Probably enjoy some drinks at Hearthstone. You'll be able to be in the park at naptime and stay until they close with no complaining! Have a glass of wine on the Sonoma Terrace?

We weren’t planning on going until our September trip at VGC ... but we just booked a quick trip at the end of May! Staying at the Hotel Indigo from May 28th-31st.

What do you like to eat at Tortilla Jos? We land midday on Friday the 28th, no park that day, so thinking DtD for dinner perhaps. Maybe Splitsville?

I was able to make dinner reservations for Splitsville on 5/28. Will they allow you to add bowling so you can dine and play at the same time?

I was able to make dinner reservations for Splitsville on 5/28. Will they allow you to add bowling so you can dine and play at the same time?
I didn't even know that you had to make reservation to eat Splitsville! I should check on whether they'll allow bowling reservations, thank you!

I didn't even know that you had to make reservation to eat Splitsville! I should check on whether they'll allow bowling reservations, thank you!
I think pre-covid, no reservations were needed but nowadays, it seems like you need to because of the limited capacity. I made the reservation in the app.

My daughter and I annual trips are back on! So excited!
May 21-23
We normally go in November, but couldn’t wait!
Maybe it will be twice this year to make up for last year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter