***Official DLR June 2022 Check-in Thread***

Weā€™re 19 days out from the start of our vacay (23 from the Disney part) and Iā€™m firmly in the, ā€œItā€™s all I can think aboutā€ camp! I ā€œpracticedā€ packing yesterday (14 day vacay and everyone is only bringing a carry on bag and a backpack, so I have to make sure everything fits!) and my husband just walked past me at one point and shook his head, LOL! Also, I canā€™t remember who said they have a ride itinerary, but Iā€™m right there with you! šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚ I spent Friday checking wait times, etc. and tweaking it. Ultimately, weā€™re there to have fun and go with the flow, so weā€™re not married to it. But we like to have a basic plan to follow.

Anyway, weā€™re getting so close and Iā€™m so excited for all of us. šŸ˜€

My Disneyland days are the second week of a California / West Coast trip.

If you are interested in my first week pre planning, Seattle and LA I have updated here https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...rip-planning-june-2022.3873572/#post-64026706

My Anaheim and Disney days are almost fully planned.

I did my ADR at 60 days. I booked a table service meal for every day and for my arrival day. In January I didnt book a restaurant in Downtown Disney and I regretted it, so this time I have.

I havent booked anything for WOC, I am undecided whether I will do standby / general access on the bridge or skip it altogether.

I have booked Hungry Bear on the go dining package for Fantasmic. The new procedure of booking a normal reservation at Riverbelle and then upgrading on the day is a bit too risky for me. Blue Bayou may or may not be open on my days, so the Hungry Bear package seemed the best option. Im not really bothered about the food, its the access to the Fantasmic viewing section thats important to me.

This time for the first time I have 2 days at DCA. Disney announced Grad Reunion Nights Party for the week I am in Anaheim and one of these parties is on one of my DCA days. I had already planned on only doing 2 half days at DCA, rope drop one morning and leave in the afternoon and then afternoon to close on the other day. This plan works well with the Grad Reunion Nights Party. I have booked a restaurant in Downtown Disney for the day I will be rope dropping and leaving early.

I have been using my January trip to help me budget for June and its been really useful. I have left over money on both my prepaid currency card and on my Disney Gift Card, the Star Wars Spira. I have been adding money to my prepaid currency card and I have money set aside to change into dollars cash for my Spira. I will be using the Spira for all my food and shopping in Disney. I will also have cash dollars with me, to use for tips and small purchases.

Theres not much left to book now.

I still need to book my Covid test for the day before my flight. There is no update from the US Government about this test to enter USA being removed. I am going to wait another few weeks and see what happens. There is a testing centre local to me which I used in January, so I can book there again.

I also need to book the car service to transfer from LA to Anaheim and from Anaheim to LAX.

Other than that, its just co ordinating with my friends in LA and changing my money into US dollars.

I am currently sitting on the computer waiting for someone to show up on the Disneyland chat to register my son for the DAS pass. Hoping this doesn't take hours but it probably will!

I still need to work out the "itinerary" for a couple days of our drive home.

I haven't even started a packing list and it's going to be long! This is the longest vacation we've ever taken....13 days. Eek!

I am currently sitting on the computer waiting for someone to show up on the Disneyland chat to register my son for the DAS pass. Hoping this doesn't take hours but it probably will!

I still need to work out the "itinerary" for a couple days of our drive home.

I haven't even started a packing list and it's going to be long! This is the longest vacation we've ever taken....13 days. Eek!
Disneyland DAS only took me about an hour! It was a breeze compared to Disney World. I was on for 6 hours one afternoon/evening before they closed it up and then about 5 hours the next day.

It's been 45 minutes so far and no one has shown up in the chat window.
I did DAS pre-registration Saturday. Logged on right when it opened (7am pacific time) and was completely finished with the process within 45 minutes. If you are able to log in right at opening, I would recommend that. Seems most people have better luck at that time avoiding long waits.

Here now.

IT
IS
HOT

We rope dropped and left to go swim. Way too hot. Matterhorn was down most of the morning so we got a multi pass for Indy. Going to try for the Matterhorn later today. Rode about 14 rides before we left. Plan to return around 5pm.

Here now.

IT
IS
HOT

We rope dropped and left to go swim. Way too hot. Matterhorn was down most of the morning so we got a multi pass for Indy. Going to try for the Matterhorn later today. Rode about 14 rides before we left. Plan to return around 5pm.
How hot is it? My weather app says 76 in Anaheim. Is that hot there? I'm not used to humidity which might be the difference.

There isnā€™t a cloud in the sky so it feels hotter with the full sun. It was fine till around 1pm. Then it got very hot in the direct sun.

Reactions: EmJ
Got better when we returned at 5:30. Rode Matterhorn, the carousel, and Casey Jr before going for a dole whip and to get our MSEP seating. No fireworks due to high winds. Rode Hyperspace Mountain and Star Tours instead. Pooped out now but excited to do it all again tomorrow with California Adventure.

Woo hoo, it's June!! Staying at the Best Western Mini Suites {because we like that super short and easy walk to/from the parks! ) 6/25-6/30. Just the hubby and I on this trip. Haven't been to the parks since March, so super excited!

6/25 - Probably hit Napa Rose after we check-in and get settled, then stroll around DTD.
6/26 - Knott's in the morning. Meet friends at Craftsman Grill for a bite then head over to Trader Sam's for some beverages and fun!
6/27 - Disneyland...may or may not park hop. Meeting up with Disney friends and doing Fantasmic River Belle dining package.
6/28 - Disneyland then park hop over to DCA. Back to DL in the evening...have a reservation for Tomorrowland Terrace Skyline Lounge.
6/29 - DCA then hop over to DL in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter