• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR June 2022 Check-in Thread***

Only 12 more sleeps till we get up to fly to San Diego for the first part of our trip. My older one said she was excited we were going back as she's had a hard year and is really looking forward to 4 days in the parks.

Got some Scarlet Witch ears coming for her and a set of Sorcerer Mickey ears coming from Loungefly for the younger one.

I'll comb through this thread and make sure I didn't miss anyone that needs to be added to the first post.

Just decided on a last-minute trip for DH and I to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We'll arrive on June 11 and leave on June 15, with our 3 park days being June 12, 13, and 14. Super excited since our last trip was a quick one-day in August 2019. My only problem is getting dining squared away. I've got a couple table-service favorites, but would love something special this time, like Napa Rose on our pre-park day and/or Carthay Circle any of our days, but so fair no availability. Anyone have any tips for trying to grab a reservation at either of those? Would it be better to try calling? I've been using my laptop as the app is pretty glitchy.
TIA!

We are getting close everyone! Anyone else starting to prepare to pack? I'm slowing but surely adding stuff to my shopping lists as I realize kids have outgrown stuff, and I find cute Disney stuff at Target....
I've been updating my packing lists. I've also bought some new socks and shorts, getting ready for the June weather. I can't believe how hot it was in May, and it wasn't even 80. Comfort is my main focus. Also making sure the kids have 2 good pairs of shoes to wear.

Just decided on a last-minute trip for DH and I to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We'll arrive on June 11 and leave on June 15, with our 3 park days being June 12, 13, and 14. Super excited since our last trip was a quick one-day in August 2019. My only problem is getting dining squared away. I've got a couple table-service favorites, but would love something special this time, like Napa Rose on our pre-park day and/or Carthay Circle any of our days, but so fair no availability. Anyone have any tips for trying to grab a reservation at either of those? Would it be better to try calling? I've been using my laptop as the app is pretty glitchy.
TIA!
You can try signing up for a dining service - there are free and paid options. Otherwise keep checking! For Napa Rose, calling might be worthwhile too. Happy anniversary!! Hope you get something special!

I've been updating my packing lists. I've also bought some new socks and shorts, getting ready for the June weather. I can't believe how hot it was in May, and it wasn't even 80. Comfort is my main focus. Also making sure the kids have 2 good pairs of shoes to wear.
Shoes, socks, swimwear and pajamas are my main shopping focus. Trying to find cute disney jammies for my two older girls who are into Adult small sizes now, and it is slim pickings. Trying not to spend rack prices at shopDisney, but I might have to. My kids have worn through their school shoes, so it is time for summer shoes anyway!

Shoes, socks, swimwear and pajamas are my main shopping focus. Trying to find cute disney jammies for my two older girls who are into Adult small sizes now, and it is slim pickings. Trying not to spend rack prices at shopDisney, but I might have to. My kids have worn through their school shoes, so it is time for summer shoes anyway!
I buy my dd nightgowns on Shopdisney when they have sales. Both my kids sometimes sleep in Disney t-shirts and pajama bottoms. Lots more options with t-shirts. I get alot of cute Disney things on Etsy.

Things are already getting to the 'too excited to sleep' stage for me, and I still have 19 days before we leave! Stayed up way too late working on journals for my family, but they are nearly ready to print, so at least I'm ahead of schedule there. Anyone else struggling to pay attention to anything but Disney planning?

I'm super excited about our upcoming trip to DL. We arrive in 2 weeks, 2 days. Since we're driving in, I'm making and freezing breakfast burritos, egg cups, and muffins to bring with us for "gourmet" room breakfasts at the HOJO. Will also bring fruit, extra coffee, and whipped butter. :)

I buy my dd nightgowns on Shopdisney when they have sales. Both my kids sometimes sleep in Disney t-shirts and pajama bottoms. Lots more options with t-shirts. I get alot of cute Disney things on Etsy.
We do pajamas for the kiddos (mine & sister's) at Christmas every year and now that they are 16,13,13, &13 we did same pajama pants for all anda different Disney T for each. Have found T's at Target and Kohl's as well as ShopDisney on sale.
Things are already getting to the 'too excited to sleep' stage for me, and I still have 19 days before we leave! Stayed up way too late working on journals for my family, but they are nearly ready to print, so at least I'm ahead of schedule there. Anyone else struggling to pay attention to anything but Disney planning?
I'm 17 days from vacation, 21 days to first park day and I'm totally obsessing. Ordered a bunch of Disney tshirts from Kohl's last week. Need to finish my packing list ASAP

You can try signing up for a dining service - there are free and paid options. Otherwise keep checking! For Napa Rose, calling might be worthwhile too. Happy anniversary!! Hope you get something special!
A bunch of things opened up the other night and I was able to get Napa Rose on our anniversary! As well as Trader Sam’s and a few other fun things!

I'm so happy to hear that for you!! Pixie dust coming early :)

17 days until we leave for our trip, 19 days until we hit Downtown Disney and 20 days until we step into Disneyland itself... I can't wait! I've been hitting Target, Kohl's, Amazon, and shopDisney big time to look for deals on anything cute, and scored jammies for the family (not matching, just cute stuff for each person), and shirts/outfits for all of us. Still need to figure out our swim suit situation - not sure everyone has stuff that fits!

I'm so happy to hear that for you!! Pixie dust coming early :)

17 days until we leave for our trip, 19 days until we hit Downtown Disney and 20 days until we step into Disneyland itself... I can't wait! I've been hitting Target, Kohl's, Amazon, and shopDisney big time to look for deals on anything cute, and scored jammies for the family (not matching, just cute stuff for each person), and shirts/outfits for all of us. Still need to figure out our swim suit situation - not sure everyone has stuff that fits!
We're at 14 days until departure, 17 days to DTD/Trader Sam's and 18 days to first park day (starting at DCA). Yay!
I've been ordering stuff online and I'm so impatient with how long everything is taking. I ordered tshirts from Kohl's 5/10 and they're finally supposed to arrive tomorrow. The Mickey fanny pack I ordered from Etsy 5/10 has also finally shipped.

Just booked an impromptu trip to San Diego and adding DL on at the end. We will be staying at Disneyland Hotel 12-14 join. Limited park time (mid-day on the 12th and all day on the 13th). Got my tickets and park reservations. So excited! Oh and I guess I'm happy about San Diego too!

Does anyone have recommendations of things to order at Trader Sams? I recall reading that certain orders cause "effects" to happen in the room. We will be there with our 7 year old, if there are any effects of particular appeal to that age group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter