***Official DLR June 2022 Check-in Thread***

Oh wow, its been so long since I joined one of these. I'm at Desert Inn and Suites June 27 to July 2, park days will be June 28, June 29, June 30, July 1. I have started a pre trip report as, being an international traveler there's so much I have to sort. My Disneyland trip is actually part of a longer trip, I'm first going to Seattle, then getting the train down to LA , staying in LA for a few days and then going to Disneyland.

I wanna play! We will also be there in June. After almost a 2 1/2 year delay, this is our makeup trip from when our March 2020 trip was cancelled due to covid. A lot has changed. My son is 2 1/2 years bigger and braver, Avengers Campus is open, ROTR boarding groups are a distant memory, and Disney Genie is a thing. And we're staying at an onsite hotel because I decided to splurge to reward our family for our patience and resilience as we've navigated both the pandemic and some extremely difficult personal circumstances as well.

Just started planning a June trip to Disneyland/Universal Studios. We've been to DLR twice in the past 12 months, but this will be the first solo trip with just me and my 10 year-old. Dad hasn't caught nearly as much Disney-itis as we have. It will also be my son's first visit to Universal. I haven't been since the early 1990s.

Our tentative itinerary:
May 30: Drive from Arizona/Check in Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City
May 31: Universal Studios Hollywood (with Express Pass)
June 1: Check out Hilton, Check in DLH, plus half day in DL with hopefully Fantasmic
June 2: DCA focused day with WOC
June 3: DL again with possibly meeting up with friends. MSEP and Fireworks
June 4: Checkout from DLH, Drive home.

We are super stoked for the various nighttime spectaculars. I have never seen WOC and DS has not seen any of them. We will try to do all the various dining/dessert packages if/when they become available.

I'm a bit nervous about all the solo driving as I get nervous on heavily trafficked freeways (like in L.A.) and we have a long drive from Arizona. But I think having a car will be better overall than flying.

What route do you take to get from Nebraska to Anaheim? Do you go through Utah and Nevada? That's got to be an incredibly pretty drive.

We stick to the interstates. We go through the entire states of Nebraska, then through Colorado. Then through Utah. A few minutes through Arizona, then through Nevada and on into California. My husband and I have made this drive a couple times before but this will be the first big road trip for son so I'm nervous. We are going to take 4 days to drive there and then 3 days to drive home.

Part of Colorado is pretty. Utah is gorgeous. The rest is kind of "meh" though. Ha!

First trip to Disneyland!! We are there the second week in June and have 6 park days planned. This is part of a larger California trip with 5 days in San Francisco and three other days in LA. Have not left Europe (UK based) since June 2019 (when we visited Tokyo Disney!) so this is very exciting! Very excited for Galaxy's Edge (never been to the one in Florida), the Fantasyland original dark rides, the matterhorn, the MSEP, World of Color and soaking up the atmosphere of Walt's original park!

It feels so exciting to finally be at the 60-day mark to be able to make our reservations! So far I’ve made a reservation for a cabana at the GCH and dinner at Napa Rose for our non-park arrival day. Then for our first park day I made a lunch reservation at Cafe Orleans (kind of a place holder while we wait to see if Blue Bayou opens up in time for our trip) and an evening reservation a refreshing drink at Oga’s. We are trying not to plan too many sit-down meals since we’d like to be flexible with our time! But my soon-to-be-16 DD whose birthday we will be celebrating had a decent sized list of places she wants to eat!

We are arriving on June 4th and staying until June 6th in Disneyland. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We are doing 3 days in the parks.

DLH
6/19-24

ADRs, hopefully, next week. We are doing this instead of going to Japan. Japan is still not open to tourists. Maybe next summer. I do love DLR though. We usually do WDW.
All of this is my family, except it will be our first time to DLR. Using Hilton points (we had hoped to use in Japan) for a free stay, probably at Home2 Suites - still considering SunCoast Park.

Hi - we will be going to DL for the first time!!! I've gone a couple times on my own when I was in CA for a conference. But just for a single day. My family has never been. We will be staying at the DLH from 6/19-6/22!!! Do we think Pirates might be open during our trip???

Hi - we will be going to DL for the first time!!! I've gone a couple times on my own when I was in CA for a conference. But just for a single day. My family has never been. We will be staying at the DLH from 6/19-6/22!!! Do we think Pirates might be open during our trip???
I've got my fingers crossed, but I don't know what to think. They say early summer - is June early summer? Technically no, but it is early summer break.

Hello! Excited to add our trip dates.

Almost my whole family is making at least part of the trip, which makes me super happy. My second oldest son and his fiancée can’t come unfortunately.
Our crew-
Me, Mom of the crazy crew
My husband
Oldest son 25, for 2 days
Oldest daughter for 2 days
Her boyfriend 2 days
Daughters 18, 16, 11, and 8 whole trip
Sons 11 and 8 for the whole trip

Dates:June 11-18
Desert Inn and Suites
5 Park days starting on sun 12 at DL, then DCA, DL, DCA, rest day Thurs, last day DL Friday.

It’s been almost 10 years since our last family trip, so for our youngest 4 it will be like their first time!

Saving money by skipping hoppers and Genie+, though we may end up adding G+ day to day if we feel it’s needed.

Secured reservations for Oga’s on day one for my dh and 5 oldest. Our oldest really had that as a high priority for his trip.

Lamplight Lounge is booked for 2nd DCA day, and Cafe Orleans for final DL day. We actually don’t usually do sit down meals but I’m thinking it will be worth it this trip. :)

I'm a little bummed to see grad nites almost our whole trip, June 7-11. Anyone have advice for how busy it will be? No idea how grad nites are, what time do they start? Is the park typically super busy all day, or just evenings?

Headed to the parks June 12 and 13. Niece and her Husband joining us from Arkansas, my Mom, my Brother and his Girlfriend, Wife and Son and Daughter and her Boyfriend.

All 10 of us on Sunday, Daughter and Boyfriend working on Monday (boo). They live 30 minutes away, so they can go whenever it suits them. Short park trip as Niece will travel back north with us to visit the other side of the family and attend a wedding in Lake Tahoe.

My Brother and his crew are renting a house just down the street. Wife, Son, and I are staying at Marriott just down from park entrance. We stayed there for our visit in January and it was a great stay. Pretty close to the parks and a real nice hotel (plus we stayed on points).

I think this is first visit for Niece's Husband, she has not been in probably 10 years, so a lot to show them. Our Daughters Boyfriend had not been in several years prior to our January trip so it was fun showing him SWGE.

Wife, Son, and I will rope drop for sure. Not sure how Brother and crew will respond to cross country trip and early rise. Daughter and Boyfriend are notorious weekend sleep in types, so they will probably join us around 10 or so. Because of all the uncertainty, made only one dining reservation for Sunday, 5pm at Cafe Orleans. Blue Bayou starts renovations today and was not available or our dates-might check back later but doubtful it will be ready/available when we are there.

We scored WOC Dessert party tickets for the 10 of us yesterday morning-thanks for all the tips everyone. So we will be at the parks for a long day. We will see if anyone wants to try to head over the DL to catch fireworks or MSEP (need to check times if this is even plausible). I think the majority of the group will take advantage of the two adult beverages, so we may just want to chill and then walk back to the hotel at that point.

For Monday, we have a reservation for Lamplight Lounge a little after noon. We had to book two separate tables as I could not find a time slot for a table of 8. We also have a dinner reservation at 8 for Ralph Brennan's so our Daughter and Boyfriend can rejoin the group.

I am a tad worried about my Mom this trip as her mobility has diminished lately. We will probably tale a lot of breaks, which is fine with a bigger group and we might split up for some touring. Asking Brother to rent her a scooter, we will see how that works out as we have never had to do that before. I am sure she can park it and wait in line for us or we can see if she can join us when we are ready to load on a ride (have never used the DAS program before-so not sure how that really works).

See you all in the parks soon!

I'm a little bummed to see grad nites almost our whole trip, June 7-11. Anyone have advice for how busy it will be? No idea how grad nites are, what time do they start? Is the park typically super busy all day, or just evenings?
You will be fine! I’ve never felt the parks to be busier on Grad Night days than other days. The main differences are that you will see more groups of teens wandering the parks that day. Many seem to choose Disneyland as the grad night parties are over at DCA. You’ll notice the percentage of teens wandering the park becoming more noticeable in the afternoon and early evening. Most of them, just like any teens, are just excited to be there and celebrating a special occasion with their friends. Occasionally you might get an obnoxious group, but that can happen any time, not just grad night days, and the grad night groups are just more noticeable. I’ve definitely been in line next to some inconsiderate people before who weren’t there for grad night! Most of the teens are polite, follow the rules, and are there having fun. Many of them appreciate being told “Congratulations!” They will shift over to DCA (which closes to the general public a little earlier than usual on those nights) and you won’t see them at Disneyland for the rest of the night. So you might consider doing rope drop and getting lots of rides/activities done earlier in the day and taking a good rest/nap at your hotel in the afternoon and then a sit down dinner somewhere and maybe a few rides at DCA. Then head back to Disneyland where you can hopefully stay for the last few hours as the park begins to empty out since you got a nice rest back at the hotel earlier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter