***Official DLR December 2021 Check-in Thread***

Thanks! Have you had any success applying the discount to your Costco trip yet? I’ve been on hold for almost an hour. Usually the Costco number is faster, so hopefully they answer soon!
I have to wait until tomorrow to call. I have "no meeting" Friday afternoons so then I can just put it on hold and wait. I bet a lot of people are doing the same thing we are!!

Thanks! Have you had any success applying the discount to your Costco trip yet? I’ve been on hold for almost an hour. Usually the Costco number is faster, so hopefully they answer soon!
Finally got through today and saved $923 on our Grand Californian package! Were you able to get yours updated?

I booked the Paradise Pier back in May, the discount rate is $10 more than what I originally booked. I guess rates went up in the months between?

I booked the Paradise Pier back in May, the discount rate is $10 more than what I originally booked. I guess rates went up in the months between?
That’s odd. I originally booked paradise pier for $379 and the discount was around $335

Maybe you are going a busy week? I booked in May too, and mine went down about $38 per night.

I’m doing a short solo, Thur-Fri, December 2-4, staying at the Fairfield. DD26 who lives in WeHo is picking me up Saturday morning to visit with them for the rest of the weekend. Excited because I’ve never been in December before, and looking forward to seeing the decorations!
This is my first year with an AP (Believe Key) because living in Seattle, we don’t have much reason to be down there except the occasional splurge every few years. But now that DD and DSIL live so close- and airfare is pretty cheap- it’s a great excuse to pop in, while I get my daughter time in! Win-win!

I’m doing a short solo, Thur-Fri, December 2-4, staying at the Fairfield. DD26 who lives in WeHo is picking me up Saturday morning to visit with them for the rest of the weekend. Excited because I’ve never been in December before, and looking forward to seeing the decorations!
This is my first year with an AP (Believe Key) because living in Seattle, we don’t have much reason to be down there except the occasional splurge every few years. But now that DD and DSIL live so close- and airfare is pretty cheap- it’s a great excuse to pop in, while I get my daughter time in! Win-win!
Fellow Washingtonian! 😊 I think I’m going to upgrade my park hopper to one of the keys. Because I’m planning a Mother’s Day trip with my mom (canceled 2020 trip redo) and I’m going to D23 so I’ll fit in some park time too.

Hi everyone! Last DL trip was Nov 2018. Decided today we are going Dec!

trying to decide our park dates…any advice? We will drive down and sleep, then do DL-CA-DL, drive home the next day.

1. 16/17/18 (thurs-sat)
  2. 17/18/19 (fri-sun)
  3. 18/19/20 (sat-mon)
At first I thought #2 so kids would just miss 2 days of school, but then I saw crowd predictions are high for Sunday at DL

So then I thought #3 but since closer to Christmas maybe both those last days would be busier

then I thought heck why not miss 3 days of school and do Thursday-sat hopefully not quite as crowded

any thoughts on this?

btw-we would be getting packets of schoolwork to do in advance for the missed days.

After all the cancellations since March 2020 we are finally (hopefully!) going December 4-10. We will probably be staying at the Tropicana. (Still deciding! Have Hojo and courtyard marriott as back ups)

Hi everyone! Last DL trip was Nov 2018. Decided today we are going Dec!

trying to decide our park dates…any advice? We will drive down and sleep, then do DL-CA-DL, drive home the next day.

1. 16/17/18 (thurs-sat)
  2. 17/18/19 (fri-sun)
  3. 18/19/20 (sat-mon)
At first I thought #2 so kids would just miss 2 days of school, but then I saw crowd predictions are high for Sunday at DL

So then I thought #3 but since closer to Christmas maybe both those last days would be busier

then I thought heck why not miss 3 days of school and do Thursday-sat hopefully not quite as crowded

any thoughts on this?

btw-we would be getting packets of schoolwork to do in advance for the missed days.

I would go Thursday-Saturday. That would be good because only one day is on the weekend. But it's so hard to tell how crowds will be this year.

After all the cancellations since March 2020 we are finally (hopefully!) going December 4-10. We will probably be staying at the Tropicana. (Still deciding! Have Hojo and courtyard marriott as back ups)
Officially checking in for our first-ever Christmas at any Disney park! We’ll be staying at the GCH from 12/21 to 12/28.

Updated with your dates.

Checking in: DH and I are going December 10-14, 2021, staying at Tropicana.

We were there the end of August 2021 at DLH (20% room discount). It was hot, in the 90's every day. Hopefully this trip will be a bit cooler! We are looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations.

Quick reminder note to anyone tracking this thread. Reservations for the chef's counter at Napa Rose for the month of December opens tomorrow. You call directly to the restaurant at 714-300-7170 and leave a message.

We are considering going Dec 18-23 and staying in the DLH. We have never been during the Holidays before so we would be excited to see the resort at Christmas time but I am leery about the crowds. We are hoping with the reservation system in effect that might keep it from getting ridiculously crowded like it has been in the past but we still don't know.

The wife and I were going to do WDW for the 50th, but the COVID numbers got us skittish so we rescheduled that to next year. Instead, we're doing Disneyland the 4th through the 12th and staying at The Anaheim Hotel! We haven't been to Disneyland in over a decade, so we're excited to see all of the changes!

I sure hope we get holiday details soon - parade & fireworks times, festival of the holiday booths, other fun holiday things etc. I’ve planned about as much as I can without it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter