***Official DLR December 2021 Check-in Thread***

I am so excited for sneak peeks of holiday merchandise and food! I know....it is only June. I am just looking forward to EVERYTHING!!

We'll be there the first week/end of December (2nd-5th) and staying at one of their neighborhood resorts! My youngest is turning 6 and it's become sort of a tradition (started by my parents) to celebrate our 6th birthdays at Disney :bday: It will be my kids' 4th Disney trip, but their first to DLR - VERY excited about that!

Last edited:
We are staying at the GCH Dec 12-15. It's a splurge for us (we usually stay at BWPPI or HoJo, a few times at DLH) but my mom has COPD and tires easily. She's on an oxygenator, and will be using a scooter, so may go back to room frequently. Still, we're all very excited!
I took my mom under similar circumstances. I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but I booked concierge which was great for my mom. She liked the lounge, with food and drink and a nice, comfortable place to hang out when she wasn't up to being in the parks. There were 4 of us and we got good use out of the lounge.

I took my mom under similar circumstances. I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but I booked concierge which was great for my mom. She liked the lounge, with food and drink and a nice, comfortable place to hang out when she wasn't up to being in the parks. There were 4 of us and we got good use out of the lounge.

Yes, we did book concierge lounge for exactly that reason! Her caregiver is going with us, and I figured they could relax in the lounge when the park was too much.
Thank you for mentioning this, I debated long and hard about splurging for concierge (never would have done it for just me and hubby) so I'm glad I made the right decision.

I have reservations November 28-December 4 at GCH. The plan right now is to go with my 73yo mother but she’s having a lot of knee trouble and might not be able to go. So if she can’t, I have a friend that will go instead. 😃

A birthday celebration sounds great!

Do you want to share your dates and hotel so I can add you to the list? We also went to Disney World in December after our Disneyland trip was canceled. I'm hoping to add an October trip too, but only if they have a Halloween party.

We just finalized our dates last night. We'll be there Dec. 18-20. Instead of driving all 3 days, we decided to stay at BW Stovall's so we can maximize our time.

I'm thinking of doing a planning & TR this time. :flower1: If I do, should I give you a link?

We will be at the VGC from the 9th-14th. Can’t wait to finally go back!! We just love going during the holiday season!

Eeeeek! I'm so glad I found this thread! I haven't been to DLR since ... ahem ... 1999 and decided to forgo a WDW trip for the holidays and make it California instead! As a WDW pro but total DLR neophyte, advise me, please: should I splurge on Disneyland Hotel (or another on property resort) or save some money and stay at a Good Neighbor hotel? My brother and I will be flying in from Boston and my current dates at December 12 - 17. Thanks in advance to all you DLR experts!!

I have reservations November 28-December 4 at GCH. The plan right now is to go with my 73yo mother but she’s having a lot of knee trouble and might not be able to go. So if she can’t, I have a friend that will go instead. 😃

Sounds like fun. Your dates are very similar to mine. Hopefully your mom will feel better and be able to go.

We just finalized our dates last night. We'll be there Dec. 18-20. Instead of driving all 3 days, we decided to stay at BW Stovall's so we can maximize our time.

I'm thinking of doing a planning & TR this time. :flower1: If I do, should I give you a link?

Yes, please do post a link here!

We will be at the VGC from the 9th-14th. Can’t wait to finally go back!! We just love going during the holiday season!

Yay! The holiday season at Disneyland is the best!

Eeeeek! I'm so glad I found this thread! I haven't been to DLR since ... ahem ... 1999 and decided to forgo a WDW trip for the holidays and make it California instead! As a WDW pro but total DLR neophyte, advise me, please: should I splurge on Disneyland Hotel (or another on property resort) or save some money and stay at a Good Neighbor hotel? My brother and I will be flying in from Boston and my current dates at December 12 - 17. Thanks in advance to all you DLR experts!!

I think you'll find everyone has a different opinion of onsite vs offsite. In my opinion, if you can afford it and it's something you'll enjoy, then why not??? The rooms are definitely overpriced for what they are, but the holiday ambiance and convenience of staying right on property is nice. The Disneyland hotel has undergone a renovation during covid, so hopefully the rooms will be nice and new.

There are also very nice and close off site hotels and there are lots of threads discussing them if you go back a page or two.

Couple questions for anyone that knows!

• Don't they usually do the holiday merch sneak peek during "Christmas in July" timeframe?
  • I'm trying to remember when holiday decorations go up - isn't it mid November?
I've been watching airfare for my dates and dang, it's pricey. But it would be so much cheaper to fly and go the week before Thanksgiving (November 14-20) but I don't want to change if they won't have the decorations up yet.

Yeah! We booked our suite for Dec. 13-17 and will be in park the 14th, 15th, and 16th. I'm so excited- we usually go every other year but we missed our trip this last December. Looking forward to it.

This Christmas, my daughter will still be deployed. (Navy). This mom isn't handling it well, I want my "baby girl" home safe and sound with me. It just won't feel like Christmas knowing my daughter is somewhere in the middle of the ocean on an aircraft carrier, so my husband has agreed to a three day trip, leaving for Disneyland the day after Christmas. So we will be in Disneyland the 27-30. Haven't decided on hotel yet.

Couple questions for anyone that knows!

• Don't they usually do the holiday merch sneak peek during "Christmas in July" timeframe?
  • I'm trying to remember when holiday decorations go up - isn't it mid November?
I've been watching airfare for my dates and dang, it's pricey. But it would be so much cheaper to fly and go the week before Thanksgiving (November 14-20) but I don't want to change if they won't have the decorations up yet.

I believe you are correct on both counts. I am in the same situation, booked December in case Christmas decorations don’t follow the typical pattern (Veterans Day weekend). Maybe Disney will announce Christmas plans and timeline in July with the merch sneak peek - one can dream! 😂 (That should maybe be enough lead time to change plans).

I believe you are correct on both counts. I am in the same situation, booked December in case Christmas decorations don’t follow the typical pattern (Veterans Day weekend). Maybe Disney will announce Christmas plans and timeline in July with the merch sneak peek - one can dream! 😂 (That should maybe be enough lead time to change plans).

Yeah I'm going to make a decision by late July on final dates. I sure hope they do still give us a teaser of the holiday merch!

Taking our 2-year old on his first trip to Disneyland December 6th-7th. Staying at the Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center, and coming in the night before. Looooong drive from Oceanside, haha. So excited for our son to get his first experiences at the parks! His favorite toys right now are Mickey Mouse and Spider-Man, so he's gonna love it!

This Christmas, my daughter will still be deployed. (Navy). This mom isn't handling it well, I want my "baby girl" home safe and sound with me. It just won't feel like Christmas knowing my daughter is somewhere in the middle of the ocean on an aircraft carrier, so my husband has agreed to a three day trip, leaving for Disneyland the day after Christmas. So we will be in Disneyland the 27-30. Haven't decided on hotel yet.
Taking our 2-year old on his first trip to Disneyland December 6th-7th. Staying at the Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center, and coming in the night before. Looooong drive from Oceanside, haha. So excited for our son to get his first experiences at the parks! His favorite toys right now are Mickey Mouse and Spider-Man, so he's gonna love it!

Welcome! I have added you both to the list.

Slight change of plans for my trip. November 29-December 3 at the Grand still but going with a friend. My moms knee is just too bad to go again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter