***Official DLR December 2021 Check-in Thread***

nicole88s

Mouseketeer
I thought I would start this for anyone planning a holiday trip this year! I just realized it's about 6 months until my trip and I'm so excited. I had to cancel my December 2020 trip, so this is basically the exact trip I had planed last year and am just moving it to this year. Anyone else already dreaming of Disneyland at holiday time?

November 28-December 3 ~Angel141925~ Fairfield
November 29- December 3 ~lily_belle~ GCH
November 29-December 5 ~nicole88s~ VGC
December 1-5 ~mkarizonia~ Fairfield
December 1-6 ~Kauai4life~ Alamo Inn and Suites
December 1-7 ~DisneyMomOfJg~ DLH
December 2-4 ~avalon451~ Fairfield
December 2-5 ~DYOBL0305~ Homewood Suites
December 3-5 ~Lm3js~ Lulu
December 3-8 ~abent~ Park Vue and Fairfield
December 3-7 ~Sgtgoofy119~ PPH
December 3-14 ~GrizzlyGirl~ PPH
December 4-6 ~mills10~
December 4-10 ~ishbit92~ RV park
December 4-10 ~Pluto468~ Tropicana
December 4-12 ~artoftheglitch~ Anaheim Hotel
December 5-9 ~SinCityMMAFan~ Anaheim Marriott
December 5-9 ~Foustketeer~ BWPPPI
December 5-10 ~Judy from Boise~ GCH
December 5-12 ~Pluto468~ Park Vue
December 6-7 ~mkm1998~ Residence Inn ACC
December 6-9 ~V & S~ GCH
December 6-10 ~upritbass~ VGC
December 6-10 ~PRomano~ GCH
December 8-13 ~Tennor~ Del Sol Inn
December 9-14 ~boscoj~ VGC
December 10-12 ~abbeyroad6282~
December 10-14 ~Eve & Wall-e~ Tropicana
December 10-14 ~EsmeCullen~ DLH
December 11-16 ~Halloweenqueen~ Desert Inn
December 12-15 ~UnpokemonMom~ GCH
December 12-17 ~prgal0715~ DLH
December 13-16 ~DizMe~ GCH
December 13-17 ~LauraLovesDLR~ DLH
December 15-19 ~twinsmama~ Hotel Indigo
December 17-23 ~MDH~ Springhill Suites CC
December 18-20 ~TheTinyTiger~ BW Stovall
December 18-23 ~Diszona~ DLH
December 19-22 ~MikeRx~ Tropicana
December 20-28 ~howedaniel~ Anaheim Marriott
December 21-25 ~ociana~ Anaheim Marriott CC
December 21-28 ~LennyMachine~ GCH
December 22-26 ~mich311e~ Grand Legacy
December 25-31 ~momtoatink~
December 27-30 ~corkevem~
December 28-January 1 ~Pacific Northwest~ Hojo
December 30-January 2 ~Didi8367~ Fairfield Inn

Last edited:
YES!! I'm so excited!! I'm in the same boat as you. Had our trip planned for last Dec but it was canceled. My sister and I go every Dec, so we're very excited that we'll be able to be there again this year. We stay at GCH. I hope they have Santa and the carolers, but we'll have to wait and see.

Our trip is Dec 8-11 GCH

We're moving to a town about an hour from DLR, so we decided to pick up 3 day hoppers to use around the 19th. We had to cancel our honeymoon to WDW in 2020, so we figured a few days celebrating my birthday would be good to carry us through until we book the honeymoon next year. We'll be driving to the parks each day.

I thought I would start this for anyone planning a holiday trip this year! I just realized it's about 6 months until my trip and I'm so excited. I had to cancel my December 2020 trip, so this is basically the exact trip I had planed last year and am just moving it to this year. Anyone else already dreaming of Disneyland at holiday time?
My friend and I rebooked our exact dates for this December and October. We did sneak away to Disney World last December and it was fun, but not magical like Disneyland. We have our flights and hotel, just waiting a bit for my tickets as I was an AP holder. I am hoping for some news or updates on the future of those. We can’t wait to return, and hoping for the magic of the holidays!!

We're moving to a town about an hour from DLR, so we decided to pick up 3 day hoppers to use around the 19th. We had to cancel our honeymoon to WDW in 2020, so we figured a few days celebrating my birthday would be good to carry us through until we book the honeymoon next year. We'll be driving to the parks each day.

A birthday celebration sounds great!

My friend and I rebooked our exact dates for this December and October. We did sneak away to Disney World last December and it was fun, but not magical like Disneyland. We have our flights and hotel, just waiting a bit for my tickets as I was an AP holder. I am hoping for some news or updates on the future of those. We can’t wait to return, and hoping for the magic of the holidays!!

Do you want to share your dates and hotel so I can add you to the list? We also went to Disney World in December after our Disneyland trip was canceled. I'm hoping to add an October trip too, but only if they have a Halloween party.

We are (hoping) to be there December 13-17, depending on if/when more suites open up. I have a big family and we usually get a 2 bedroom club suite, this year we're hoping for the 3 bedroom. There will be 7 or 8 adults (my sister, my mom, my niece and her husband, myself and my partner, my 22 year old nephew (and whatever girl he might be dating), and my great nephews a 7 year old boy, and 2 year old twin boys. We usually go every other year and were hoping to go at a different time than the holidays (I prefer the regular ride overlays), but this is the first time we can all get away. We have a LOT to celebrate in December.

Dec 3- Niece's bday
Dec 12- twin's bday
Dec 22- my bday
Dec 27- 7 y/o's bday
I got engaged
I got into the PhD program of my dreams
Normalcy!

So grateful and excited.... time to take my love to the Blue Bayou for the first time, to get a corn dog at the red cart, to look at the goat on BTMR, innundate her with ALL the trivia I have. SO SO SO excited. Fingers crossed that more suites open up soon!

A birthday celebration sounds great!

Do you want to share your dates and hotel so I can add you to the list? We also went to Disney World in December after our Disneyland trip was canceled. I'm hoping to add an October trip too, but only if they have a Halloween party.
Of course!! We are December 3rd-6th! Not enough words to express our excitement! I just returned from Hawaii yesterday and even during that amazing trip , my thoughts kept going to Disneyland !

December 1-7 for my son's 13th Birthday. We're staying at DLH, this will be our first time staying at one of disneyland's hotels. We are super excited!

That is exciting! You will love Disneyland hotel!

We are (hoping) to be there December 13-17, depending on if/when more suites open up. I have a big family and we usually get a 2 bedroom club suite, this year we're hoping for the 3 bedroom. There will be 7 or 8 adults (my sister, my mom, my niece and her husband, myself and my partner, my 22 year old nephew (and whatever girl he might be dating), and my great nephews a 7 year old boy, and 2 year old twin boys. We usually go every other year and were hoping to go at a different time than the holidays (I prefer the regular ride overlays), but this is the first time we can all get away. We have a LOT to celebrate in December.

Dec 3- Niece's bday
Dec 12- twin's bday
Dec 22- my bday
Dec 27- 7 y/o's bday
I got engaged
I got into the PhD program of my dreams
Normalcy!

So grateful and excited.... time to take my love to the Blue Bayou for the first time, to get a corn dog at the red cart, to look at the goat on BTMR, innundate her with ALL the trivia I have. SO SO SO excited. Fingers crossed that more suites open up soon!

Wow, that is a lot to celebrate! Sounds like you are going to have a nice, big group. How fun for the holidays! Are you looking at suites at the DLH or GCH?

Thanks for starting this thread.

Made reservations last night. Staying at the Anaheim Marriott 12/5 - 12/9 with 3 day park hopper tickets. And got in on a 4th night free promo which seems to be available at only a certain few of the good neighbor hotels.

Excited to go back to Disneyland. Haven't been in over 10 years. Have been to Disney World several times over the past 4 years.

Wow, that is a lot to celebrate! Sounds like you are going to have a nice, big group. How fun for the holidays! Are you looking at suites at the DLH or GCH?
DLH. We love the suites there and I'm excited for the remodel and new 3 bedroom suite. Also Trader Sams is a favorite so staying at DLH just makes sense and is a bit more reasonable than GCH. Have you stayed in the GCH suites? How is the club service compared to DLH?

I'm hoping for the GCH for our honeymoon, unless we end up at WDW.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Made reservations last night. Staying at the Anaheim Marriott 12/5 - 12/9 with 3 day park hopper tickets. And got in on a 4th night free promo which seems to be available at only a certain few of the good neighbor hotels.

Excited to go back to Disneyland. Haven't been in over 10 years. Have been to Disney World several times over the past 4 years.

Wow, 10 years! A lot has changed since then. I'm sure you'll love it.

DLH. We love the suites there and I'm excited for the remodel and new 3 bedroom suite. Also Trader Sams is a favorite so staying at DLH just makes sense and is a bit more reasonable than GCH. Have you stayed in the GCH suites? How is the club service compared to DLH?

I'm hoping for the GCH for our honeymoon, unless we end up at WDW.

No, I've never stayed in any suites. I'm sure with the remodel the rooms are going to be gorgeous and brand new. Can't wait to see what they did with this remodel.

We are staying at the GCH Dec 12-15. It's a splurge for us (we usually stay at BWPPI or HoJo, a few times at DLH) but my mom has COPD and tires easily. She's on an oxygenator, and will be using a scooter, so may go back to room frequently. Still, we're all very excited!

I rebooked my March 2020 trip to December 7-11. Right now I am booked at Grand Californian. It will be my mother's one and only trip to DL. I am so hoping that she would get to see World of Color so I might postpone. We have delta credits to use.

Thank you! I'm excited! It will be a surprise for the rest of my family.

Hotel and stroller reservations are booked! Going the 4th-6th! We are using the tickets we were going to use in April of 2020 to bookend our Disney cruise... No cruise this time obviously but we are bringing Grandpa and Grandma! I can't wait!

Yay, we're getting quite the December crew already!

Hotel and stroller reservations are booked! Going the 4th-6th! We are using the tickets we were going to use in April of 2020 to bookend our Disney cruise... No cruise this time obviously but we are bringing Grandpa and Grandma! I can't wait!
Would you like to add the hotel where you are staying?

I rebooked my March 2020 trip to December 7-11. Right now I am booked at Grand Californian. It will be my mother's one and only trip to DL. I am so hoping that she would get to see World of Color so I might postpone. We have delta credits to use.

I just changed the dates a little so my mother won't have to take a red eye home. We are the 6th-10th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter