**Official DLR August Check In Thread 2.0**

Ok, I've updated the list and updated hotels where applicable. That was surreal putting GCH behind my own name. Never in a million years...

I will also try to start keeping some important links on the second post as they become available...like when Disney lets us know what the reservation plans will be, etc. If you have suggestions let me know and I can put them there, for easy finding as people need them.
I would include the link for the Reopening Superthread -- and let people know that that is where the most current "official" information will be posted when it gets announced. You can copy and paste the short versions of the updates and annoucements here as they roll out. This is exciting that we finally have official news to work with!

Ok, I've updated the list and updated hotels where applicable. That was surreal putting GCH behind my own name. Never in a million years...

I will also try to start keeping some important links on the second post as they become available...like when Disney lets us know what the reservation plans will be, etc. If you have suggestions let me know and I can put them there, for easy finding as people need them.

I'm right there with you! I told DH that I wanted to go to Disneyland when it's decorated for the holidays (never been) for my 50th which is a couple of years away. I told him I would LOVE to stay at GCH but probably couldn't justify the cost so would be thrilled with the DLH. The DLH was a splurge as it is but we were (are) celebrating my daughter's 20th birthday and sons high school graduation. Now we just wait and see what Disney announces regarding all the details.

I'm right there with you! I told DH that I wanted to go to Disneyland when it's decorated for the holidays (never been) for my 50th which is a couple of years away. I told him I would LOVE to stay at GCH but probably couldn't justify the cost so would be thrilled with the DLH. The DLH was a splurge as it is but we were (are) celebrating my daughter's 20th birthday and sons high school graduation. Now we just wait and see what Disney announces regarding all the details.
Us too! DLH was a huge splurge for us. So now being upgraded to the Grand is pretty amazing. We probably would have never stayed at the Grand had this not happened....=)

I called first thing this morning. I was able to have my DLH August 10 - 12th reservation moved to GCH. We have a concierge reservation. I thought it interesting that concierge was available and also my three day park hopper tickets. I thought a read concierge was not available at WDW Hotels. My cast member was under the impression DLHwould not open until October 1.

Our end of March DLH stay was canceled, then rebooked for June, then August. Successfully updated our reservation to GCH with you all this morning (made me so happy just to hear the Disney music and the voice of the announcements while waiting on hold!!!).

GCH August 17-21 :mickeyjum:dumbo::donald::goofy:

Our dreams agent called and told us we were moved form DLH to GCH for same price. She also mentioned something about $50 resort credit per night but that she didn’t have it in writing. Anyone heard that?

Our dreams agent called and told us we were moved form DLH to GCH for same price. She also mentioned something about $50 resort credit per night but that she didn’t have it in writing. Anyone heard that?

Yes, my booking also included the $50/night resort credit. It was a special offer for people who had hotel reservations canceled by Disney during the shutdown. (In order to get mine, I had to rebook by May 31 for a new date in 2020.)

Last edited:

Yes, my booking also included the $50/night resort credit. It was a special offer for people who had hotel reservations canceled by Disney during the shutdown. (In order to get mine, I had to rebook by May 31 for a new date in 2020.)

Was it applied to the price of the room? Or you will get a credit on your account when you check in?

Was it applied to the price of the room? Or you will get a credit on your account when you check in?
I was told it was a credit tied to my room, and my understanding is it can be used on anything you can charge back to your room. Below are clips from the email I received with the offer.

A Special Offer for Eligible Guests
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, eligible Guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels may receive a $50 per night resort credit* for stays between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. In addition to the resort credit, eligible Guests may also take advantage of a special Disneyland Resort offer to save up to 35%** on stays most nights June 19, 2020 through October 3, 2020.

The resort offer is valid for Guests who booked a room reservation, or a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, to stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel during the period from March 16, 2020 through May 31, 2020 and on dates that the Disneyland Resort theme parks are closed. Offer is not valid for room reservations or packages cancelled before March 1, 2020.

*Resort credit is valid for select food and beverage, spa services, and merchandise from any Disney owned and operated location at the Disneyland Resort that offers room charging privileges to Disneyland Resort hotel room accounts. Resort credit is not valid for Disney Gift Cards and other select items; please ask about eligible items at participating locations. Room credit will be applied against charges made to the room account, and Guest is responsible for any balance due after the credit has been applied. Not valid for payment of room rates or associated fees or taxes, must be used during the Guest's stay, and expires on day of check out.

Oh wow. No one mentioned a thing to me about that. Hmmm. 🤔
Do you have a prior reservation number that was affected by the closure? When I rebooked in May and asked about the offer, I needed to give them that prior number that was canceled. If you have one, I would check back with them about whether you qualify for the credit.

FYI, here is the notation that appears in my email confirmation:
Important Notes:
Advised Guest 5 day Chg/Cxl Policy​
$50 Resort Room Credit​

Last edited:
I just purchased tickets on Get Away Today, they were only selling them until midnight. I hope I made the right decision. We still aren't 100% we are even taking the trip (8/19 arrival). I figured I wanted the best possible chance of getting a reservation. Now what do I need to do with the tickets to let Disney know I have them- link them on the app?

I was told it was a credit tied to my room, and my understanding is it can be used on anything you can charge back to your room. Below are clips from the email I received with the offer.

A Special Offer for Eligible Guests
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, eligible Guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels may receive a $50 per night resort credit* for stays between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. In addition to the resort credit, eligible Guests may also take advantage of a special Disneyland Resort offer to save up to 35%** on stays most nights June 19, 2020 through October 3, 2020.

The resort offer is valid for Guests who booked a room reservation, or a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package, to stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel during the period from March 16, 2020 through May 31, 2020 and on dates that the Disneyland Resort theme parks are closed. Offer is not valid for room reservations or packages cancelled before March 1, 2020.

*Resort credit is valid for select food and beverage, spa services, and merchandise from any Disney owned and operated location at the Disneyland Resort that offers room charging privileges to Disneyland Resort hotel room accounts. Resort credit is not valid for Disney Gift Cards and other select items; please ask about eligible items at participating locations. Room credit will be applied against charges made to the room account, and Guest is responsible for any balance due after the credit has been applied. Not valid for payment of room rates or associated fees or taxes, must be used during the Guest's stay, and expires on day of check out.
Thank you!!!! I don’t think we qualify because our original booking was June 7-10.

Please take me off the list. We rescheduled our once-in-a-lifetime DL trip from May to August 8-15. My DD lost her job due to Covid-19 and thankfully she was able to get another job but now has to work that week. We are rescheduling for May of 2021.

Might as well add us :) August 1-6, PPH. We are also booked for November but will probably cancel that trip. Tonight, we are working on our safety plan to hopefully keep ourselves, everyone back home, and everyone in California safe from out-of-state germs. Then it's just a big giant leap of faith.

One night of total escape from reality: August 14th Grand Californian
The lofty goals are: half day cabana, lots of meals at Craftsman, Tea Party and maybe if we are up to it, shopping in Downtown Disney. Mostly going to eat and drink at Craftsman. :drinking1
Do you mind me asking how much the half day cabana costs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter