• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

Lamplight is amazing! They have great drinks!
I’d say Jolly Holiday is my favorite place to grab breakfast after spending some early hours in Fantasyland 😍😍
They are two of my favorites as well! its nice to get a coffee at Jolly holiday and avoid the Starbucks line too lol!

I’m going back to DLR 8/5-8/7. It’s a short weekend trip as my younger DD will be in school already but older DD’s summer job doesn’t end until 8/5. DH is skipping this trip.

I booked a VIP tour for us on that Saturday and invited older teen’s boyfriend and 6 of their friends to join us so we have a full party of 10. Thus we are tentatively staying at the Desert Inn on Harbor. If it turns out the other teens can’t join us, I’ll move us to GCH which is my favorite hotel.

I didn’t make any ADR as we are not comfortable eating indoors yet. Before the pandemic, on past trips, we have eaten at Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Napa Rose, Carthay Lounge, Plaza Inn, Goofy’s, Wine Country Trattoria, Flo’s, Bengal BBQ, Corn Dog Castle, PCH Grill, and some of the DTD restaurants (Catal, Naples, Uva, Ralph Brennan’s).

is it worth trying to get an ADR for Oga’s? Anything else? We will still do counter service and use mobile ordering to get Dole Whips, corn dogs, churros, etc.

Last edited:
Thank you for getting this "month" group going! I was looking over the weekend for August and couldn't find it! Were heading "home" August 9-13th VGC, this time around we plan to spend 2 days in the park using park hoppers as I refuse to give Disney more money🤣, 1 day will be at the pool and hanging around DD, maybe add one park if really needed. Our check out day, we will most likely drive to San Diego eat at our fav restaurant and then fly home!

Last edited:
I have a August 1st 9:05pm Oga ressie I am no longer going to use.
If anyone want to coordinate, shoot me a PM.

I’m going back to DLR 8/5-8/7. It’s a short weekend trip as my younger DD will be in school already but older DD’s summer job doesn’t end until 8/5. DH is skipping this trip.

I booked a VIP tour for us on that Saturday and invited older teen’s boyfriend and 6 of their friends to join us so we have a full party of 10. Thus we are tentatively staying at the Desert Inn on Harbor. If it turns out the other teens can’t join us, I’ll move us to GCH which is my favorite hotel.

I didn’t make any ADR as we are not comfortable eating indoors yet. Before the pandemic, on past trips, we have eaten at Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Napa Rose, Carthay Lounge, Plaza Inn, Goofy’s, Wine Country Trattoria, Flo’s, Bengal BBQ, Corn Dog Castle, PCH Grill, and some of the DTD restaurants (Catal, Naples, Uva, Ralph Brennan’s).

is it worth trying to get an ADR for Oga’s? Anything else? We will still do counter service and use mobile ordering to get Dole Whips, corn dogs, churros, etc.
Wow , where is your school that is goes back that early?

Ten of us arriving August 22, four days in the parks (23-26), two day days DL and two DCA.
Staying at the Best Western Park Place.
Very exciting!

Ohhhh! A VIP tour. What a dream. How exciting.

I haven’t been to Oga’s yet…I think it’s worth trying. But it is indoors, so if you’re not comfortable yet maybe pass?

Ohhhh! A VIP tour. What a dream. How exciting.

I haven’t been to Oga’s yet…I think it’s worth trying. But it is indoors, so if you’re not comfortable yet maybe pass?

Just made plans to visit in late August - this will be our first time back at DLR since 2017 and our first Disney vacation since WDW in October 2019! Still solidifying plans but I think we will be staying at the Cambria. Afternoon pool time and slides are the key to my kids' happiness and the price is right, especially for having a separate bedroom. Last time we stayed at the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance and loved it (because, again: pools and slides!), but looking to save a bit on hotel this time to allow a longer stay.
My boys are 7 and 12, so there will be so much more we can do than our last visit five years ago, not to mention all the new attractions.

Hubby, daughter and I are headed to DLR 9-13. Five days with park hoppers. I grew up going to Disneyland but we've been dedicated WDW visitors for many years. We haven't been to the Land since 2015, I think. Kiddo is a Marvel mega-fan, so lots of time planned hanging around Avengers Campus is planned. Excited to see MSEP, which has always been my favorite in any park. My daughter hasn't seen it since she was really young when it was running at WDW. Hubby is a major Guardians of the Galaxy fan, and is really looking forward to checking that out. Plus, trying lots of churros. WDW churros are yucky, LOL!

Last call on the Trader Sams ressie for August 1st 1:30pm!

Going to release it later today !

And today culminates the week long adventure of securing ADR's. That part is both simultaneously fun and stressful. I always say I will do less sit down and more quick service/go with the flow but then I get caught up in various sit downs and packages I feel we must have and then suddenly I'm headed down the rabbit hole.

We have 4 day park hoppers with Genie+ and also get DAS (will be doing the pre arrival DAS set up for the first time), We are also staying at the Grand Californian for the first time and are VERY excited.

we have: trader sams for arrival day, a WOC dessert party, River Belle for lunch for Fanstasmic party, Ogas reserved a few times (will most likely let one go once I solidify a day more, but would like to visit 2x), lamplight lounge and I am surprising my husband and daughter with the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge experience.
The last night is free of any plans for catching the fireworks over the castle (since once will be from the Fantastic viewing area and once will be from the skyline lounge) and for MSEP.

whew! I hope I planned ok. I get nervous/excited and once I''m there it's always amazing.

We have never been to SWGE yet, ever. Very excited! Should we rope drop that on day #1?

That will be a great trip maleficent55, and at the Grand, wow.

I will be at the Disneyland Resort August 15 to 22 - 6 days in a row in the parks. Just the two of us. Thinking about our dining plans now. Arrival day will be DTD and probably eat at Tortilla Jos. We are staying off site on Harbour.

And today culminates the week long adventure of securing ADR's. That part is both simultaneously fun and stressful. I always say I will do less sit down and more quick service/go with the flow but then I get caught up in various sit downs and packages I feel we must have and then suddenly I'm headed down the rabbit hole.

We have 4 day park hoppers with Genie+ and also get DAS (will be doing the pre arrival DAS set up for the first time), We are also staying at the Grand Californian for the first time and are VERY excited.

we have: trader sams for arrival day, a WOC dessert party, River Belle for lunch for Fanstasmic party, Ogas reserved a few times (will most likely let one go once I solidify a day more, but would like to visit 2x), lamplight lounge and I am surprising my husband and daughter with the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge experience.
The last night is free of any plans for catching the fireworks over the castle (since once will be from the Fantastic viewing area and once will be from the skyline lounge) and for MSEP.

whew! I hope I planned ok. I get nervous/excited and once I''m there it's always amazing.

We have never been to SWGE yet, ever. Very excited! Should we rope drop that on day #1?

It's going to be wonderful!!! Your plan looks great!

I completely understand about the rabbit hole. I too have been super caught up in all of the packages and experiences... I actually just dumped the club level portion of our (first ever DL) GCH stay so that I would feel better about all of the other indulgences.

I have a bit more than a week before the dining window opens. Your questions have been really helpful - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter