• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official DL July 2015 thread

So this morning we did the A & E meet and greet because DD begged us, so we followed it up with the Frozen sing along. If ANYONE has a Frozen fan take them to this. Our DD LOVED it. It had song and story telling and a fun surprise at the end.

I wonder if it's the exact same show as HS. We went to that one last summer and it was SO much fun. Something about an entire audience singing along to kids' movie songs made me so happy.

I wonder if it's the exact same show as HS. We went to that one last summer and it was SO much fun. Something about an entire audience singing along to kids' movie songs made me so happy.

Yup. Same show.

Any updates?? Down to the wire for me! Just bought my new sneakers to break in!

I head to California on Friday morning!! Wooooohooooooo!!!!!! Then I'll set foot inside Disneyland next Thursday!!

I still have to finish up my ridemax plans. Been too busy to play with it. I am 3/4 of the way packed. Will finish tonight. Been researching all the more minute details and getting all my plans organized. Just as excited about my pre-Disney plans - dune buggies, whale watching, Seqouia trees, and more.

We're making a last minute trip to Disneyland July 30-Augst 2! Barely making it for it's 60th Anniversary!

Just got back from a two week trip- an Alaskan cruise with a stop in Washington after. I've just unpacked but I feel like I may as well leave it since we leave to DLR in about 10 days.
I skimmed through what I missed to catch up and noticed someone asking about what else to do in the area. Check out the Disneyland Edition of The Dis Unplugged postcast (through this site) they have been doing "Day 6" episodes where they talk about what else there is to do in the area after you've spent your 5 days at DLR with your 5 day parkhopper. I remember hearing about beaches, Catalina, children's museums, and La Brea Tar Pits to name a few.

I leave tomorrow morning! Have to be up by 4am. Since it's already 11pm, I'll be lucky to get 4 hours sleep. Hope I have remembered everything.

Just found out the Orange County Fair is happening while I am there. I wonder if that would be a good option on my break day? Has anyone gone before?
http://www.ocfair.com/2015/

I think that is a great option, know that it will be a bit busy but it's so much fun! They have fun rides, you'll have to buy tickets for them but on some days they have a "bring a certain item and you can get in free!" day and have some other kinds of deals. They have really good food too, I remember one year they had fried butter, fried oreoes..etc. They also have performers there sometimes, and you can look at some arts and crafts too.

Leaving in just over 24 hours for DLR! We are driving from Portland, so we arrive on Sunday! GCH here we come! So excited! See all you July 17th people at the park!

Just got back from a two week trip- an Alaskan cruise with a stop in Washington after. I've just unpacked but I feel like I may as well leave it since we leave to DLR in about 10 days.
I skimmed through what I missed to catch up and noticed someone asking about what else to do in the area. Check out the Disneyland Edition of The Dis Unplugged postcast (through this site) they have been doing "Day 6" episodes where they talk about what else there is to do in the area after you've spent your 5 days at DLR with your 5 day parkhopper. I remember hearing about beaches, Catalina, children's museums, and La Brea Tar Pits to name a few.

I'll check for some of those, thanks! Suddenly feel like I'm running out of time since we have a short trip to Lake George next week. Plus some wedding stuff this weekend-all of the crazy is starting!!

So excited. The first leg of our journey starts tonight after work. We're sleeping at a hotel close to the airport because we have an early flight tomorrow sand by tomorrow afternoon we'll be in Californiaparty:

18 days here. We got our Mickey Mail two days ago. The luggage tags are so nice, DW doesn't want to use them though. Got our Photopass+ yesterday too. DW is making outfits for both of the DD's so they can somewhat match (Tinker Bell for one, Periwinkle for the other, etc) on some days.

Headed to DL July 25th! Going to have a group of like 17 people with us. For two of the kiddos, it will be their first time at DL. Looking forward to coming home to Cali and visiting our favorite place.

Headed to DL July 25th! Going to have a group of like 17 people with us. For two of the kiddos, it will be their first time at DL. Looking forward to coming home to Cali and visiting our favorite place.

Wow. And I thought our group of 8 was a chore to plan for. Are you all coming from the same location?

Three of our 8 are DL newbies. Each of my kids got to invite a friend and it just worked out that none of their friends had been to DL or WDW. They are super excited. I think my kids are more pumped-up about showing their friends the wonders of the "Happiest Place on Earth" more than actually going there themselves. We started a DL trivia texting-string amongst the group about a week ago to really work everyone into a Disney frenzy!

Last edited:
Checking in!!! It's been a while! I hurt my foot and have been trying desperately to rest it while preparing to be a maid of honor, taking care of a three year old, being 7 months pregnant, and getting ready for a 2 week trip across the country. "Resting it" isn't exactly happening! If I have to hobble around Disneyland, I'm going to be so sad! Today is my last day at home. Leave for CA at 6 am tomorrow and then it's just 5 days til Anaheim!!!!

How is everyone doing? Anyone who's been want to check in with some crowd updates? I saw elaine's post about them a few days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter