Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Does anyone here know if I can purchase the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie statues anywhere? I purchased them back in, maybe 2009, at the GF gingerbread house. I don’t see them listed on the menu for the gingerbread house this year. I do recall seeing the statues at the Contempo Cafe back during our CR stay in 2021 there. But they are also not showing on their menu. My DH and I are stopping in for a few days to check out the Christmas decor at the various resorts on our way home from visiting family in Ft. Myers’s. I really would love to be able to bring these home again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Contact Grand Floridian Private Dining at the number in Post #2. In the past they have let you order them the same way you would a cake—I bought the white chocolate Stitch that way a few years back. They may let you pick them up at the GF front desk if you aren't staying or Dining at the GF.

Contact Grand Floridian Private Dining at the number in Post #2. In the past they have let you order them the same way you would a cake—I bought the white chocolate Stitch that way a few years back. They may let you pick them up at the GF front desk if you aren't staying or Dining at the GF.
Thank you!!

Tutto Italia & Via Napoli 407-560-8040
  • 6-inch $23 cake in all-chocolate or all-vanilla
  • 8-inch $35 cake in tiramisu, chocolate mousse or strawberry shortcake
  • 10-inch $49 cake, same options as 8-inc
Thanks--Can anyone tell me anything about these cakes

I need a birthday cake and we are staying at Coronado Springs and eating 2 meals, one at CRT and one at Chef Mickeys. Would we best ordering a cake from GF to be delivered to Gran Destino Tower to be picked up and brought back to our room or should we order a cake from CR for delivery to our breakfast at Chef Mickeys?

I emailed the Grand Floridian for a cake for my youngest’s 3rd birthday celebration to be delivered to Old Key West. It was over Christmas and I got an email back a day or so later to set up a call. We decided on a marble cake with a Mickey theme and chocolate buttercream. I have attached the order form she sent me as confirmation below. It’s an 8inch cake and was $140+tax charged to my card while I was on the phone. We will see how it looks Feb 2nd!

Attachments

• [Untitled]_Page_2.jpg
    [Untitled]_Page_2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 131
  • [Untitled]_Page_1.jpg
    [Untitled]_Page_1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 178
I emailed the Grand Floridian for a cake for my youngest’s 3rd birthday celebration to be delivered to Old Key West. It was over Christmas and I got an email back a day or so later to set up a call. We decided on a marble cake with a Mickey theme and chocolate buttercream. I have attached the order form she sent me as confirmation below. It’s an 8inch cake and was $140+tax charged to my card while I was on the phone. We will see how it looks Feb 2nd!
We’ll have cake for days! Which will work out nicely with 3 birthday boys that week lol

We are going for my daughter’s birthday in May. I have ordered cakes in the past from the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, but with the current pricing for their custom cakes I am considering an outside bakery. Has anyone taken their own cake inside of a resort restaurant? It might be easier to just order from Disney anyways. Thanks!

Last edited:

I’m excited to see your cake! My daughter is turning 4 in May. We might do a similar theme.

We are going for my daughter’s birthday in May. I have ordered cakes in the past from the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, but with the current pricing for their custom cakes I am considering an outside bakery. Has anyone taken their own cake inside of a resort restaurant? It might be easier to just order from Disney anyways. Thanks!

Yes - I order from a local baker and he meets me at the resort right before our dining time. We have done it at GF Cafe, Topolino's (twice), and Sanaa to date.

I specifically choose non-park birthday restaurants so we can have an amazing cake.

Yes - I order from a local baker and he meets me at the resort right before our dining time. We have done it at GF Cafe, Topolino's (twice), and Sanaa to date.

I specifically choose non-park birthday restaurants so we can have an amazing cake.

Thank you!

It’s huge!!

Attachments

• 3437B5C6-6E2E-4E78-921B-B56E1FEB2AC4.jpeg
    3437B5C6-6E2E-4E78-921B-B56E1FEB2AC4.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 143
  • A1706305-D5D4-4B20-9469-7EBA59274945.jpeg
    A1706305-D5D4-4B20-9469-7EBA59274945.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 6F0D7B5B-A516-4B48-B847-A18FFE1CD00A.jpeg
    6F0D7B5B-A516-4B48-B847-A18FFE1CD00A.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 01699791-8580-4C25-8D7D-8D9B54541511.jpeg
    01699791-8580-4C25-8D7D-8D9B54541511.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 112

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter