Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Can someone clarify if you can order a cake from GF bakery to be delivered to MK? The first post says no, but now I'm seeing people post saying they ordered one and had it delivered. I'm trying to decide between ordering a cake ahead of time while we're staying at BLT, or waiting until my son's birthday and having it delivered to Crystal Palace if possible.

@accm The top of the the first post says that they "might" deliver to other parks and resorts for you: When they reopened after the COVID shutdown, they relaxed their rules and were more amenable to delivering cakes elsewhere on property. But in the last few months, they have also started denying some requests for delivery beyond their normal GF/Poly area. Different people are being told different things. So the only way to know is to call the number in Post #2.

@accm The top of the the first post says that they "might" deliver to other parks and resorts for you: When they reopened after the COVID shutdown, they relaxed their rules and were more amenable to delivering cakes elsewhere on property. But in the last few months, they have also started denying some requests for delivery beyond their normal GF/Poly area. Different people are being told different things. So the only way to know is to call the number in Post #2.
Thank you! I'll give them a call and report back!

I called GF and they will deliver to Crystal Palace. Now I just need to decide what to order

It'll be both my husband's birthday and my son's second birthday, so I was thinking of ordering my son a 6" mickey mouse themed cake, and my husband just a mini cake, themed to star wars most likely.
Will the 6" cake be enough? We'll be 3 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2), and we'll be leaving the following afternoon, so we don't want too much leftover. But I'm also thinking it might be nice to have some leftover for breakfast the next morning.

I'm also open to any photo suggestions of cakes that are either mickey mouse or star wars themed.

@accm If the Grand Floridian makes you the standard 4-layer 6-inch cake, it will be MORE than enough and you will have leftovers. If they make you a 2-layer 6-inch cake, everybody will get a piece, but the kids will have to split the fourth piece (although this all depends on what size slices you like!). I would confirm with them how many layers the cake will have, since they don't seem to consistently provide 4-layer 6-inch cakes anymore.

@accm If the Grand Floridian makes you the standard 4-layer 6-inch cake, it will be MORE than enough and you will have leftovers. If they make you a 2-layer 6-inch cake, everybody will get a piece, but the kids will have to split the fourth piece (although this all depends on what size slices you like!). I would confirm with them how many layers the cake will have, since they don't seem to consistently provide 4-layer 6-inch cakes anymore.
Thank you. I’ll make sure to confirm with her that it’ll be a 4 layer cake

I called GF and they will deliver to Crystal Palace. Now I just need to decide what to order

It'll be both my husband's birthday and my son's second birthday, so I was thinking of ordering my son a 6" mickey mouse themed cake, and my husband just a mini cake, themed to star wars most likely.
Will the 6" cake be enough? We'll be 3 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2), and we'll be leaving the following afternoon, so we don't want too much leftover. But I'm also thinking it might be nice to have some leftover for breakfast the next morning.

I'm also open to any photo suggestions of cakes that are either mickey mouse or star wars themed.
6 inch cake would be more than enough (we had left overs). With a buffet you’ll be too full. They won’t store it for you, so you need to take it back to the room or carry it around the park (will go bad fast in hot weather). They also would not cut it (I had to cut and put it in small boxes). It took us 30 extra mins for cutting/serving/boxing so budget time for that.

We did a Mickey Mouse ear hat cake (the chocolate hat was solid dark chocolate; had a small buttercream tail; with fondant and fresh strawberries) for our son’s 2nd birthday. It was around $120. We were quoted $160 this time. I believe they bumped the prices for me as they were delivering to a different resort area; the other cakes I’ve seen are more elaborate for a lower price.

you can also add specialty desserts
https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/
our cake had a tail and a yellow pants (half the fondant was red; half yellow) all around

Sharing the Star Wars themed birthday cake I ordered from the Contemporary bakery. We picked the cake up from Steakhouse 71; as guests of the hotel, pickup was a breeze.

This is a mini-cake. When inquiring about dimensions the pastry chef noted that the top layer would be about 1.5 inches in diameter, but I would say it was probably over 2, and the bottom layer proportionately bigger. I was hoping we could put R2D2 on the cake but due to character licensing, we chose Chewbacca and the Millennium Falcon instead. The added stars were also nice touch!

The cake itself was chocolate, with chocolate buttercream frosting and peanut butter buttercream filling. I'm not usually a peanut butter fan (blasphemy, I know), but this was good! Not too overpowering in flavor and pleasantly sweet throughout! It took us 4 days to finish this!

Total cost = $65 before tax, ~$69 with tax.

Thanks to this thread, this cake happened! I'd do it again if visiting and celebrating something, or just because.

Here is our Star Wars mini cake. The black buttercream was a bit bitter and stained your mouth for a while; cake was brought out on a big plate and exceeded expectations. Our 2 year old colored the side of the photo.

Grand Floridian was also able to make these allergen-free cupcakes with advance notice. My daughter's first trip with New food allergies. Soy, dairy and gluten free. They were vanilla. Delivered to the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian June 21,2021. Gorgeous and delicious.

Attachments

• 20210621_185522.jpg
    20210621_185522.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 118
We had this cake delivered from the Grand Floridian Bakery to Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. White /vanilla cake with cookies and creme filling. It was a huge hit with my niece! June 21, 2021
How much was the cake? It looks very pretty.

Since the Yacht/Beach Club isn't taking cake orders, would you try the Grand Floridian or Contemporary Bakery for a cake for a Topolino's dining reservation? Not sure if one would make sense over the other.

@MB_Ellie The Contemporary doesn’t deliver anyplace but those listed in Post #2, so you’ll have to see if the Grand Floridian will do it for you.

Do you mind sharing where this was from, and how much it cost? We're going at the end of January for my son's second birthday, and I'm thinking of getting him a Chip and Dale themed cake.
Sorry busy month and I never got an alert. The cake was from Grand Floridian, I picked it up and it was $220. I did get a 10 inch cake so price should be lower if you get a smaller cake. Hope your son has a magical birthday.

Just finalized and made the payment for our two cakes for the end of the month. Cake 1 will be a 6” cake (3 layers - it would be an additional $40 to make it 5 layers) with a Mickey Mouse theme and it came out to $160. Second cake is a mini cake, themed to Star Wars, and was $45. They’ll both be delivered to Crystal Palace.

I thought I had read here that people paid at the restaurant? But I had to prepay, and wasn’t able to use DVC or AP discounts, which I was hoping for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter