• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Great. Now I'm expecting my Coco-inspired cake to cost $1 million.

I bet not! I set a fairly conservative budget ($100) but ended up saying they could go a little over that. As long as you don’t want fancy standing 3D painted figures, it will probably be ok.

Also, I have notoriously terrible luck with Disney cakes (my stories are pretty comical, actually), which is why I usually give my sweet, patient DH the job but I wanted to surprise him this time. One of these days I will learn my lesson but I see the adorable stuff other people get and I always crack, LOL.

I bet not! I set a fairly conservative budget ($100) but ended up saying they could go a little over that. As long as you don’t want fancy standing 3D painted figures, it will probably be ok.

Also, I have notoriously terrible luck with Disney cakes (my stories are pretty comical, actually), which is why I usually give my sweet, patient DH the job but I wanted to surprise him this time. One of these days I will learn my lesson but I see the adorable stuff other people get and I always crack, LOL.

This is the first time I haven't given them explicit size requirements (I've done two mini-cakes) to allow them to be more flexible with design, and instead I've given them a maximum it should feed (so, I'm guessing I'll get a quote for a 6- or 8-inch cake). We shall see!

Just to follow up with the post above. When I questioned their response, they answered that the image was denied by legal. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but this exact chocolate Bride and groom frame has been used for many Disney World cakes so I am sceptical about that. @lurkyloo, any idea why one cake would pass and the same cake idea wouldn’t?
Ugh how frustrating! I'm afraid they'll give me grief next month when I order my Wall-E and Eve anniversary cake. I may need other anniversary ideas too!

Finally Able to load my photos from our Night at California grill Last week Monday:

I was really specific on what I wanted on each cake and I have to say they did a phenomenal job.

Screenshot_20180822-231430_Gallery.jpg
Big Hero 6

Screenshot_20180822-231753_Gallery.jpg
Incredibles

20180822_232109.jpg

Tangled

Screenshot_20180822-231903_Gallery.jpg

Princess and the frog

My Kids absolutely loved them they were very tasty. And we got so many compliments. Apparently not too many people knew you could get cakes done. So happy will definitely do it again given the chance.

Finally Able to load my photos from our Night at California grill Last week Monday:

I was really specific on what I wanted on each cake and I have to say they did a phenomenal job.

View attachment 345643
Big Hero 6

View attachment 345644
Incredibles

View attachment 345646

Tangled

View attachment 345647

Princess and the frog

My Kids absolutely loved them they were very tasty. And we got so many compliments. Apparently not too many people knew you could get cakes done. So happy will definitely do it again given the chance.
Those are amazing!!!!

Just to follow up with the post above. When I questioned their response, they answered that the image was denied by legal. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but this exact chocolate Bride and groom frame has been used for many Disney World cakes so I am sceptical about that. @lurkyloo, any idea why one cake would pass and the same cake idea wouldn’t?

This must be new. When I ordered a cake from the CR 2 months ago for our trip this halloween that was one of my options. I chose to go with the stretching room portraits as they worked with my theme better, but I do remember distinctly that the bride/groom was one of the options given to me when I planned the cake out with George.

This must be new. When I ordered a cake from the CR 2 months ago for our trip this halloween that was one of my options. I chose to go with the stretching room portraits as they worked with my theme better, but I do remember distinctly that the bride/groom was one of the options given to me when I planned the cake out with George.

I wouldn’t take my experience as an absolute answer, plus this is a different bakery. As lurkyloo said, you will get a different answer depending who you speak with. Apparently that is true of the legal department too, lol.

View attachment 345643
Big Hero 6

View attachment 345644
Incredibles

View attachment 345646

Tangled

View attachment 345647

Princess and the frog

These look incredible!! (no pun intended hehe)

Hi everyone! I'm looking to order a cake for early October ( my birthday happens to fall during our family vacation finally and I've been given the okay to order myself a cake... ) and sent off an email to the email listed in this topic a few weeks ago. I did get a response from Terry, saying the email is no longer monitored and to call the Wilderness Lodge ( the dinner is at WC ). From what I can remember, the Contemporary's pastry team does the cakes for them. Does this sound right? Do I call and ask for private dining? I get really anxious on phone calls and tend to stumble over my words, so I know exactly what I want but want to make sure I'm talking to the right people. Any help would be appreciated!

How long is it taking for someone to get back w/ u from Contemporary? Monday will b 2 weeks since I called and left a message for my daughter’s surprise 5th bday trip. Should I call back again on Monday or give it until mid next week? Oh, cake needed on 9/9.

Last edited:
How long is it taking for someone to get back w/ u from Contemporary? Monday will b 2 weeks since I called and left a message for my daughter’s surprise 5th bday trip. Should I call back again on Monday or give it until mid next week? Oh, cake needed on 9/9.
I would call Monday. Cutting it close.

Hi everyone! I'm looking to order a cake for early October ( my birthday happens to fall during our family vacation finally and I've been given the okay to order myself a cake... ) and sent off an email to the email listed in this topic a few weeks ago. I did get a response from Terry, saying the email is no longer monitored and to call the Wilderness Lodge ( the dinner is at WC ). From what I can remember, the Contemporary's pastry team does the cakes for them. Does this sound right? Do I call and ask for private dining? I get really anxious on phone calls and tend to stumble over my words, so I know exactly what I want but want to make sure I'm talking to the right people. Any help would be appreciated!

Wilderness Lodge has this silly system where you have to call their Private Dining, get them to realize they can't do the cake you want because it is too fancy, and then get their "permission" to work with the Contemporary on the cake. I mean, if all you want is a buttercream-covered cake with a screen print, then Wilderness Lodge can do it for you, but if you want a fancy fondant cake, you have to jump through these hoops.

My cake next month at the BC is finalized. Six inch, Haunted Mansion fondant wallpaper over chocolate ganache, exactly two roses (yes, that was specified and all I could get for the budget, LOL), almond cake with amaretto mousse crunch filling, stretching room portraits on top, white chocolate plaque. $115. I am hoping they surprise me with slightly more decoration, but not holding my breath.

Good luck to everyone trying to order! They seem busier than usual.

Wilderness Lodge has this silly system where you have to call their Private Dining, get them to realize they can't do the cake you want because it is too fancy, and then get their "permission" to work with the Contemporary on the cake. I mean, if all you want is a buttercream-covered cake with a screen print, then Wilderness Lodge can do it for you, but if you want a fancy fondant cake, you have to jump through these hoops.

thank you very much! it's worth giving it a shot. if anything, i can always have the cake delivered during another reservation, but that one is on my birthday and i was hoping to have friends that live locally come out to celebrate. i'll try calling tomorrow!

View attachment 345643
Big Hero 6

View attachment 345644
Incredibles

View attachment 345646

Tangled

View attachment 345647

Princess and the frog

These are great! I love the Princess and the Frog cake. It’s so pretty.

So I received my Mad Hatter cake at 1900PF yesterday and whilst it was cute it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I had requested the cake Lurkyloo suggested a few pages back and sent that image to Pat. That cake is clearly fondant covered but mine was just buttercream. I also asked for cookies and cream filling and was told that was fine, but again all I got was plain buttercream. Should I let Pat know? Not sure what good it will do but I just feel a little disappointed.

So I received my Mad Hatter cake at 1900PF yesterday and whilst it was cute it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I had requested the cake Lurkyloo suggested a few pages back and sent that image to Pat. That cake is clearly fondant covered but mine was just buttercream. I also asked for cookies and cream filling and was told that was fine, but again all I got was plain buttercream. Should I let Pat know? Not sure what good it will do but I just feel a little disappointed.

I’d definitely say something. Fondant is more expensive, so if you paid for a fondant covered cake, you certainly should have received that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter