Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Thanks to everyone on this thread, I now have officially ordered my granddaughter's 1st Birthday cake for our lunch at Akershus! I worked with Megan at Epcot Food & Beverage. She has been amazing, and helped me to order exactly what we wanted! Now, I can't wait to see the finished product in about a month. I will follow up with her 1 week prior to our arrival just to make sure there are no questions. I will share a picture with all of you when we get to see it!!

How long does it typically take to hear back when you leave a message on the Cake Hotline? I left a message 2 days ago and have not heard back yet.

Thanks!

Last night we had our delicious cupcake at BOG. It was super cute! Luz, our server, said she'd bring round dessert and winked at me so somehow she figured out who ordered it or who I was at the least. It was awesome! My friend was surprised and enjoyed it! No room for dessert off the cart though! Well worth the $10 for the cupcake!
View attachment 204879

How did you go about ordering this ?

IMG_0335_zpsce3fac39.jpg

After a ton of searching through all of this forum and the other Cake Chatter forums, I think I have finally found the cake for my daughter's birthday. :cool1: This one was found on a previous Cake Chatter Forum posted in 2014 and was made at the Contemporary (which is the bakery we will be using). She is going to LOVE it. Her favorite cake is red velvet, which I think will look really cool too. Has anyone had the red velvet, that could give me a review on the taste? **Now just patiently waiting to order it:surfweb:**

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for this cake?

Has anyone ordered a cake with any type of lemon filling? That's my husbands favorite so I'd love to get it if at all possible to surprise him with an anniversary cake when we go in December.

Has anyone ordered a cake with any type of lemon filling? That's my husbands favorite so I'd love to get it if at all possible to surprise him with an anniversary cake when we go in December.

I've never had it, but there is a lemon mousse listed. As with all of their cake choices it may depend on where you order it, but that's the only lemon flavor I see mentioned.

Thinking of ordering a custom cake, from Contemporary Bakery (to be delivered to our room at Contemporary). A HS graduation cake for my son. I can't seem to find any pictures around of HS Graduation cakes (for boys) from WDW bakeries. I've had the most amazing cakes from GF and BC/YC before, just stunning, creative, beautiful. But I had other pictures to send to them, to get an idea of what I want.
Has anyone got a graduation cake from a WDW bakery before? Would love some links to pics if you have posted them.

Thanks

After reading the first post- is it correct to say that if I want a fancy fondant cake with amaretto mouse (maybe almond cake?), I should try to see if private dining will deliver to AKL instead of ordering directly from AKL? Should I call AKL or private dining first? Thanks for your help!

After reading the first post- is it correct to say that if I want a fancy fondant cake with amaretto mouse (maybe almond cake?), I should try to see if private dining will deliver to AKL instead of ordering directly from AKL? Should I call AKL or private dining first? Thanks for your help!

Private Dining *is* AKL. Each Deluxe resort has its own Private Dining department. So when you call the number for AKL in Post #2, you are calling AKL's Private Dining department. You can try asking for amaretto mousse, but AKL's pastry chef may say it's not an option. Generally only the Contemporary, BoardWalk Inn (sometimes) and Grand Floridian (if you catch them in a generous mood) will let you do the specialty wedding flavors listed in Post #1.

Question about mini cakes (the one for 2 that looks like the stacked cupcake) We are eating a Le Cellier and if I give them a call I can custom order one of these, correct? Hubs would appreciate a mocha filling on a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting vs. the bigger mickey hat one that is either all vanilla or all chocolate. TIA.. Michelle

Question about mini cakes (the one for 2 that looks like the stacked cupcake) We are eating a Le Cellier and if I give them a call I can custom order one of these, correct? Hubs would appreciate a mocha filling on a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting vs. the bigger mickey hat one that is either all vanilla or all chocolate. TIA.. Michelle

Yes, call the main number for EPCOT listed in Post #2. And let us know if they let you do mocha filling!

We arrive on the day after Thanksgiving, at BWVs. I want a cake, for a 60th birthday celebration (dh and his best friend from high school), for the following Tuesday night at Trattoria. Am I better off calling before hand, say a few weeks, or can I just go talk to them at the Bakery when I get there that Friday?

We arrive on the day after Thanksgiving, at BWVs. I want a cake, for a 60th birthday celebration (dh and his best friend from high school), for the following Tuesday night at Trattoria. Am I better off calling before hand, say a few weeks, or can I just go talk to them at the Bakery when I get there that Friday?

I would call a couple weeks before.

Private Dining *is* AKL. Each Deluxe resort has its own Private Dining department. So when you call the number for AKL in Post #2, you are calling AKL's Private Dining department. You can try asking for amaretto mousse, but AKL's pastry chef may say it's not an option. Generally only the Contemporary, BoardWalk Inn (sometimes) and Grand Floridian (if you catch them in a generous mood) will let you do the specialty wedding flavors listed in Post #1.

Thank you! Talked to someone in AKL Provate Dining yesterday and she is checking on the almond and amaretto options but I didn't sound likely to happen. Tried though! I sent a photo of a cake I like and now waiting to hear back about pricing, flavors, etc.

Ordered a custom cake from the Contemporary for delivery at California Grill. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream (we were limited to Gluten Free chocolate or vanilla). Cake was yummy and way too big for 4 people, it worked out well...most GF options for dessert were lacking, so at least we had cake! It was $103 which included $8 extra for Gluten free.

Attachments

• IMG_7529.JPG
    IMG_7529.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 358

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter