***Official December 2023 Thread***

Hello !!! We will be there for New Year plus Marathon weekend

Both our boys (15 and 11) are autistic, so we will have DAS, but with coming from UK, probably not able to get details etc on our account til we arrive

This is our first time at WDW for New Year, so trying to navigate options

We now they have fireworks on 30 & 31 at MK

What about epcot and HS ? - and do either of those parks do an earlier evening fireworks display ?

TIA
It's been rough finding info on this. I have only been able to look up past history and none of the usual sites seems to have updated much since last year as I think they are waiting for official information to come out.

From what I have researched, only MK does the NYE fireworks on both the 30th and 31st and only MK is doing the two showings each day, last year it was 6:30 and Midnight and the firework party options seem to confirm this.

I am not sure if Epcot will have both Luminous and the midnight fireworks but from what I read, each country celebrates at midnight in their own timezones so parties happen all around the world, all day which sounds really cool but we're staying at an MK resort so going to stick with MK for NYE.

The last day of the Holiday booths and other Christmas activities still run through 12/30 at Epcot so they are probably not going to change over to do an extra NYE celebration since that is staying true to past history as well.

I didn't really look into HS, but from what I saw, I'm not sure they do something on NYE. Anyone have other info?

We will be there December 4 - 14 at POR

Does anyone have any idea of when we might see daytime parade schedules? So far, it's all showing no scheduled times.

Just came back from a weeklong trip. Anyone debating the fireworks dessert party, just go ahead and book it if you can. We went on NYE but the crowds are insane now that anyone can park hop after 2 pm and there are no restrictions for annual passholders. There was no crowd control and it was suffocating. Even after 11 pm crowds stayed strong (SDMT was 110 min standby; 30 mins ILL$). I posted my review for other parks on the Nov thread (Epcot food booth lines insane even before park hopping). Brace yourself for crowds during the holidays.

F8F660CE-F47C-4840-BE26-A7E55C361324.jpeg
D6FAA011-F2BB-4FA5-A57F-504BF13FF0E7.jpeg

Just came back from a weeklong trip. Anyone debating the fireworks dessert party, just go ahead and book it if you can. We went on NYE but the crowds are insane now that anyone can park hop after 2 pm and there are no restrictions for annual passholders. There was no crowd control and it was suffocating. Even after 11 pm crowds stayed strong (SDMT was 110 min standby; 30 mins ILL$). I posted my review for other parks on the Nov thread (Epcot food booth lines insane even before park hopping). Brace yourself for crowds during the holidays.

View attachment 807836
View attachment 807837
I was going to either do a 1 day EP or a 2-day pass for 2 parks but looking at these photos may make my option not to do parks at all during Christmas week, something to really think about. I was hoping block-out dates would help. :confused3

I was going to either do a 1 day EP or a 2-day pass for 2 parks but looking at these photos may make my option not to do parks at all during Christmas week, something to really think about. I was hoping block-out dates would help. :confused3
As long as you taper expectations, I would still go. The lines were long so we skipped the main rides. The MVMCP might be worth it? We have never been to the Christmas party and it usually ends before we arrive (Dec22?).

The flights have been another nightmare. Our flight was delayed leaving us with only 2 park hours on 10/28 (GOTG went down so our first party got off 15 mins after park closed - got on around 7:40 pm). Second Epcot day our flight got preponed so we lost an hour at the park 11/4 but the lines to get food at the booths were zig zagging everywhere and all rides even figment was 40 mins! So make sure it’s not a race weekend. Most people spend time with family on Christmas/NY vs WDW.

As long as you taper expectations, I would still go. The lines were long so we skipped the main rides. The MVMCP might be worth it? We have never been to the Christmas party and it usually ends before we arrive (Dec22?).

The flights have been another nightmare. Our flight was delayed leaving us with only 2 park hours on 10/28 (GOTG went down so our first party got off 15 mins after park closed - got on around 7:40 pm). Second Epcot day our flight got preponed so we lost an hour at the park 11/4 but the lines to get food at the booths were zig zagging everywhere and all rides even figment was 40 mins! So make sure it’s not a race weekend. Most people spend time with family on Christmas/NY vs WDW.
We're going Christmas week for the first time and I may just do Christmas Day at Epcot and take advantage of EEH but that's about it. The most I was thinking of doing is 2 days anyway. Want to take advantage of just doing other things we hardly ever get to do this trip.

Do we foresee them extending any of the December hours at all, or have we passed the point of that happening?

I wish MK would stay open past 9 on non-party days. :sad1:

Do we foresee them extending any of the December hours at all, or have we passed the point of that happening?

I wish MK would stay open past 9 on non-party days. :sad1:
Hours get extended 2 weeks before you check in. It was less than 2 weeks when the MK close changed from 9 pm to 12 am for 11/3 for us (paid Touring plans sends an alert but I just expect it and check).

I was able to move Ohana from 4 pm to 5 pm. The day before (lots of cancellations btw as people realize how hard it is to do ADRs with Genie+) I moved it to 5:50 pm (2 hour resort break) and we didn’t make it to see the fireworks at 8 pm.

I wish they would change the fireworks to 9 pm on days like these.

Last edited:
We will be there December 13 - 16 and going to the MVMCP on December 14th, then HS December 15th. We have never been in December before. I am trying to figure out the weather and what to wear, especially to the party because it'll be late & dark. We normally go in August (super hot) but I am guessing we might need to wear long pants or a hoodie? We are from Canada so I know we'll still be good to swim in the afternoon, and unless it's going to be below 60F/15C we will be good in shorts, at least during the day. Trying not to over pack, we are also going on a cruise after Disney.

Any way! For regular December people, any thoughts on the weather? I know it could still be variable, but I am just trying to figure out if we'll need extra warmer clothes.

Looking forward to seeing Disney in December!

We will be there December 13 - 16 and going to the MVMCP on December 14th, then HS December 15th. We have never been in December before. I am trying to figure out the weather and what to wear, especially to the party because it'll be late & dark. We normally go in August (super hot) but I am guessing we might need to wear long pants or a hoodie? We are from Canada so I know we'll still be good to swim in the afternoon, and unless it's going to be below 60F/15C we will be good in shorts, at least during the day. Trying not to over pack, we are also going on a cruise after Disney.

Any way! For regular December people, any thoughts on the weather? I know it could still be variable, but I am just trying to figure out if we'll need extra warmer clothes.

Looking forward to seeing Disney in December!
We are also from Canada and have gone every year in December for many years, so I feel qualified to answer this ;-). The weather has run the gamut from tank tops, sandals and shorts all day to some days below freezing- literally. And Florida cold is not like Canada cold. It’s damp and bone-chillingly cold. Definitely pack thicker sweaters for nighttimes, and most importantly- layers are your best friend in Florida winters! It might be around 6 Celsius when you head to the park, but going up to 19 with strong sunshine.

We're driving down 20DEC and coming back on 1JAN. Got a condo in Windsor Hills for the whole time but ended up getting a good discount for AKL on 23-25Dec so we'll head there for two nights for Christmas and then back to the condo.

Have 10 day park hoppers but we're taking the 31st at a non park day. Definitely don't want to deal with that with kids the day before we leave. We're gonna just view the 630 fireworks on the 30th for MK at Grand Floridian since we have ADR to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter