• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2023 Thread***

Unless you’re going to be at HS for multiple FULL days so you have a lot of time between Genie+ LLs, I don’t think they’re worth the headache. Plus it was challenging having to charge them up for 5 people every night (you have to carry their own wires; we took 3 but with everyone’s phones, iPads and fans it was challenging to find plugs (esp in Polynesian deluxe suite). I’m taking 2 ANKER multiple usb ports (the extension cords with 3 prong plugs aren’t allowed on cruises but these were ok).

Im not sure if the MB+s are waterproof but we don’t wear them in the pool.
I wouldn't get them for everyone.
DH and YDS don't have Magicbands at all, so they would be the obvious ones for MB+.
I expect them to spend a tons of time in Galaxy's Edge, because that's all DH really cares about for our trip.
Hopefully, DH will get approved for DAS, but overall his dysautonomia makes rides rough for him, so something else interactive he can do with the 3 yo could be really helpful in keeping them entertained.

Beyond that, I have to decide if I want to get new bands for anyone else. I need to check if their old bands still fit. None of my kids have smart phones, so the moving features won't work without new bands. The old ones are 6 years old.

Any Christmas Day dinner suggestions? We are toying between Liberty Tree Tavern, Whispering Canyon cafe or story book dining at Artist Point. Open to other suggestions.

I wouldn't get them for everyone.
DH and YDS don't have Magicbands at all, so they would be the obvious ones for MB+.
I expect them to spend a tons of time in Galaxy's Edge, because that's all DH really cares about for our trip.
Hopefully, DH will get approved for DAS, but overall his dysautonomia makes rides rough for him, so something else interactive he can do with the 3 yo could be really helpful in keeping them entertained.

Beyond that, I have to decide if I want to get new bands for anyone else. I need to check if their old bands still fit. None of my kids have smart phones, so the moving features won't work without new bands. The old ones are 6 years old.
We have 5 MB+s from our Dec trip (bought new for that trip only and bought a new classic Ariel (DD3) and Tron (DH)) and one of the Dec bands is not pairing. It keeps loosing the Bluetooth connection. For the cost these are definitely not worth the hassle to charge pair update repeat. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my app. It’s completely charged up (I just finished charging, pairing and updating our other 4). You have to turn them off if you want to save the battery or charge them again before you leave. I have to stop by a merchandise location when I get to WDW and see if they can exchange it (probably not).

Also DH lost his Star Wars band at Fort Wilderness (before the horse riding area) and it was never located (our fault but you would think they would restart making magic sliders; old ones are too loose). I put colorful elastic bands but he forgot to slide it over the clasp.

We are coming Nov 29th to Dec 8th. We will be staying AKL - K Sav View the 29th, Yacht Club 30 - 1st, and Boardwalk Dec 1st - Dec 8th. Can't wait for all the Christmas stuff and to be back in the world for my favorite time of year. We will attend the Christmas Party at MK on Dec 3rd and JW Party on Dec 6th. Also looking forward to EEH at Epcot and AK during our visit and it will be our 1st chance to see Blizzard Beach.

We are coming Nov 29th to Dec 8th. We will be staying AKL - K Sav View the 29th, Yacht Club 30 - 1st, and Boardwalk Dec 1st - Dec 8th. Can't wait for all the Christmas stuff and to be back in the world for my favorite time of year. We will attend the Christmas Party at MK on Dec 3rd and JW Party on Dec 6th. Also looking forward to EEH at Epcot and AK during our visit and it will be our 1st chance to see Blizzard Beach.
This is almost exactly the same triple split stay we're doing that same week :rotfl2:

:welcome:to the thread! It's great to add another to the list! :dogdance:

Woohoo I managed to piece together a Bay Lake Tower reservation so I have moved there instead of SSR. DH really wanted to stay on the monorail.

My trip has been extended because I couldn't resist.... :teeth: Doing a split stay for the first time in a longgg time! Somewhat nervous about the transfer, but from what I heard, they make luggage transfer easy!

I'm considering this as well so please let us know what you uncover. I haven't been able to find much history on the fireworks dessert parties for the 30th and 31st.
My booking window opened today. Saw the post-party available for 2 times on the 30th. Ended up just going with post-party on the 27th for my sisters birthday and booked California Grill for the special fireworks on the 30th instead. Just use the regular Magic Kingdom dessert party option for booking in the Magical Extras tab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter