***Official December 2022 Thread***

I was going to shell out the big bucks for the CLP dining pkg, but if it's the same restaurants as last year, I'll pass. $61-$74 per person...ah, no. I will take my chance of getting a glimpse from the walkway. Is there anywhere with higher ground to watch?

Happy to be planning my very first on-site Christmas trip!

Who wants to join me?

Christmas travelers:

KNovacovschi - December 3-10 - Poly / BLT / OKW
Kirsti - December 8-10 - Boardwalk & December 10-15 - Beach Club Villas
suse66 - December 9-13 - Boulder Ridge Villas
spm2323 - December 14-January 1 - SSR
SJ Disney - December 22-30 - Fort Wilderness
nhanifan - December 23-31 - Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs
cjlong88 - December 25-January 2 - Yacht Club
TK001 - December 26-January 1 - ASM
DLmama - December 30-January 7 - POFQ

Overlapping dates - Nov 27-Dec 4 POP Century

Can't wait to see how this thread evolves throughout the year! Will be enjoying our first Christmas stay at Wilderness Lodge! So excited for the tree and the festive mood of the place.

So has anyone seen any info for the following? These are two things I'm willing to spring for since this is our first December visit and likely our only:

Candlelight Processional dining packages (and even just dates/narrators)?

Very Merry Christmas Party? I'm REALLY hoping this comes back!

When do they typically release dates/ticket sales for these?

Thanks!

Candlelight Processional dining packages (and even just dates/narrators)?
Very Merry Christmas Party? I'm REALLY hoping this comes back!
When do they typically release dates/ticket sales for these?

They "typically" release both in early summer, I believe. Last year was an after hours event, not the official party. Who knows if that will come back as it was. I think it was pretty similar, but with a slightly scaled down parade?

Narrators are announced as they are confirmed.

Quick question. We are booked at POFQ right now, but if I can snag a studio at Old Key West, it saves me about $800! It's just myself and my 19yo DD. We've done Disney a ton, we just have never been at the holidays and it's a go with the flow vacay. We've never stayed at either, won't have a car, planning to do MK, Epcot and DHS. Which resort would you choose? Is POFQ worth the extra $800? We are both early risers and will hit the parks early on the days we do them and probably just go, go all day :).

How is the bus situation at OKW vs. POFQ? I guess that's my biggest concern.

Going for our first Christmas trip this year, December 17th to the 24th, staying at the Poly. We know it will be busy, but being in WDW while it's busy, is better than being in Minnesota during a snow storm! Really hoping they will have the Christmas party this year!

After feeling like I have mastered planning for Disney, I now have to learn all of the changes with Genie+, park reservation, ADR's, etc. Good thing I love the planning!

How early do we need to make park reservations? I've never done this before.

I would think we have plenty of time, but really, they have only had the reservation system for only 2 Christmas seasons. Does anyone have feedback on this? I think with things being so in flux all of the time, we have time to see what happens.

I would think we have plenty of time, but really, they have only had the reservation system for only 2 Christmas seasons. Does anyone have feedback on this? I think with things being so in flux all of the time, we have time to see what happens.
So far, the calendar looks open after April, but it is still so new, it's hard to tell how fast it can fill. I thought I read on the board, someone suggested when you see October start to fill, starting booking December. I don't know if I will wait that long, though!

I'm going for the 1st time in 28 years on Dec. 4th to Dec. 9th. It will also be my 1st solo trip and my 1st Christmas Time trip. It will be like I'm going for the 1st time again. I was planning another trip with someone, but that crashed and burned like a train wreck. So my plan B was WDW at Christmas Time by myself. I plan on going to whatever Christmas Party/After Hours Event that Disney has. I'm staying at ASMO and getting a scooter for the parks. I have bad knees and I know I can't walk that much thus the scooter. I'm not much of a ride person so I'm going for the holiday stuff and the shows and parades. I like to people watch so that while eating a snack or meal will be fun. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about Genie+ and Lightning Lanes. I have my park reservations. I also have a wonderful Disney travel planner. I'm going to DHS, EPCOT and MK and then one day to relax and go to the Christmas party/after hours that night. So I've been watching as many videos on Youtube I can and googling all kinds of Disney stuff. I've been to WDW three times prior to this. I went in 1985, 1987 and 1994. I think it will be fun seeing all the new things and remembering all the stuff from my other trips. I'm really excited to go again. All of the changes people are having a hard time with probably won't even register with me because it's been so long since I've been at WDW. The one thing I am dying to eat is a dole whip. I want as many as I can get because they were my favorite snack from being there as a kid and young adult. Everyone have a great day today. :)

I guess I was posting in the unofficial thread before--we're headed down again this year for Dec 2-11th! We'll be at the Grand Floridian Villas and I cannot WAIT! Our trip in March was kind of whirlwind since both girls had birthdays and it was the first time they were able to actually ride the rides...but now that we know what they liked and what they didn't we won't have to go crazy running around everywhere.

The only downside is we were really hoping annual passes would be back by now. Paying for tickets twice in a year...yeesh.

December 2-6 at POFQ

Me and DH. It will be a shorter trip for us this time, and our second time during the Christmas season. We’re hoping to attend MVMCP, ride GotG, and possibly Tron if it’s open by then, plus the Walt Disney World Railroad!

Hi all!

My daughter (10) and I are going December 14-18 - short and sweet. Currently we are booked at Music, but I might change my mind after I do more research. Typically we stay at POP.

December 2-4 (Big company event-10k people (employees+family) all paid WDW+Universal). Seriously avoid this weekend If you can.
Oh, no! Our first park day will be Dec 4. I was planning on doing MK, but should we pick a different park?

Oh, no! Our first park day will be Dec 4. I was planning on doing MK, but should we pick a different park?
We don’t have details yet. I’ll post when we know which days they choose for WDW.

I’m pretty sure the tickets will be fully loaded with park hoppers (maybe people will choose to go to HS in the am and hop to MK for fireworks) and Genie+ (they’ve done that in the past at other theme parks and even given out annual memberships).

I’m not sure if there will be a special showing of fireworks, but I wouldn’t put it past them (they’ve hired top singers for Christmas parties (ballroom black tie events) on each coast).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter