***Official December 2017 thread!

We are staying at AoA on 12/29 and off property 12/30-1/1 with free Marriott rooms. Of course we decided last minute it would be soooooo much easier to stay on property all 3 nights and there is basically nothing available. No surprise. Is there a thread where people post room cancelations? Thanks!

So I was able to snag a parade dining package at Tony's but it's for my Epcot day - 12/28, not my MK day - 12/29. Would it be a major pain to switch days now?? I don't have park hoppers. I have FPs for Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land and FEA on my Epcot day and it's a small world, Peter Pan and Jingle Cruise on my MK day. I know I'll have a hard time snagging a FEA, Peter Pan and Jingle Cruise now. I don't know what to do. I've been checking multiple times a day for this package for the past 2 months. The parade is on my list of must-dos and I'd really like to see it with minimal stress over finding a spot and fighting crowds. What are the chances that a package will open up on 12/29?? The longer I wait the harder it will be to switch days. Any advice??

I'm still confused by AK hours. Don't we know for a fact that there are extra magic hours on 12/22 due to that Ultimate Christmas Package they were selling? Weird that we haven't seen any mention of that on the calendar.

So I was able to snag a parade dining package at Tony's but it's for my Epcot day - 12/28, not my MK day - 12/29. Would it be a major pain to switch days now?? I don't have park hoppers. I have FPs for Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land and FEA on my Epcot day and it's a small world, Peter Pan and Jingle Cruise on my MK day. I know I'll have a hard time snagging a FEA, Peter Pan and Jingle Cruise now. I don't know what to do. I've been checking multiple times a day for this package for the past 2 months. The parade is on my list of must-dos and I'd really like to see it with minimal stress over finding a spot and fighting crowds. What are the chances that a package will open up on 12/29?? The longer I wait the harder it will be to switch days. Any advice??

I just got back and openings for CRT and BOG popped up all week when I was down there. I would keep looking for another Tony's package.

I'm still confused by AK hours. Don't we know for a fact that there are extra magic hours on 12/22 due to that Ultimate Christmas Package they were selling? Weird that we haven't seen any mention of that on the calendar.

I was told when I booked the ultimate xmas package that the ak Pandora hours were only for package guests. So they are not extra magic hours but 2 hours for Pandora only, not all of animal kingdom, and only if you booked that specific package.

So I've been looking at the wait times on the app today and they definitely look longer than they normally do this time of year :worried:, but they aren't outrageous either :confused3 . I guess they look like a typical summer day to me. 7DMT at 80 min and FoP at AK at 155 min.

I was told when I booked the ultimate xmas package that the ak Pandora hours were only for package guests. So they are not extra magic hours but 2 hours for Pandora only, not all of animal kingdom, and only if you booked that specific package.
Wow that's...strange. There can't be more than 200 or so guests that booked that package.

So, does anyone have to come home from their Disney trip and cook Christmas Eve/Christmas day? I decorated the house this past week, bought gifts, and just tonight pulled out my Christmas Eve dinner menu (we get home on the 23rd) to see what I can get done ahead of time so I can just enjoy our trip Dec 16-23. The best thing is that this forces me to get everything done super early and then vacation the week I'd normally be stressing so I am expecting this to be my favorite Christmas ever. :)
Yup, We leave late on the 22nd. The 23rd is my son's 17th birthday, my sister & family, and my parents show up early that morning to spend the next few days with us. Plus I'm stressed about relatives sending packages while we're gone. I have already told people they are there because they love us not my house is immaculate. Enjoy your trip and it will all work out :)

Made DH put the suitcases away for Thanksgiving trip finally. Since it is just us two going at end of month, don't need so much stuff anyway.
Got Magical express tags on Friday-although I haven't put in ME information! Did remind me I had to actually purchase the air tickets though:rotfl:. So now I did put in the flight info-wondering if I will get a second set. Declined MB's though.

Was planning on dinner (fairly early one-5:30pm ish) in Disney Springs on NYE, but now wondering if I should try for something in the park. Planning to be Epcot for the night. Haven't been in the world for NYE since I worked there in Lost and Found in MK (1992!) so crowd wise/closure status I am clueless!

I am now considering upgrading to an AP - thoughts? Experience? Comments of all types welcomed and appreciated
I did it in May of 2016 and never looked back. I have had such a great time with my AP and AP renewal. I initially did it because I had one more trip planned in 2016 and calculated that Tables in Wonderland would pay for itself and part of the AP upgrade in just my first trip.

Fast forward to October 2016 and Disney significantly increased the AP perks. The 20% merch and select food was extended and ends right before Christmas, but who knows, it may be extended or another perk may come.

I am also excited to possibly get a passholder preview of Toy Story Land next year.

If you are on the fence, I am definitely not the right person to tell you not to do it haha.

I am now considering upgrading to an AP - thoughts? Experience? Comments of all types welcomed and appreciated
We have been APs for several years now and have loved every minute! We usually do 4-6 trips a year. We take advantage of the room discounts, retail discounts, food discounts and pretty much anything else that is offered if it falls into the time frame of one of our trips. If you have 2 trips planned within a year, or plan to stay 10 or more days, it is well worth it!!

16days before we are supposed to leave and one of my SILs cancelled on going. :sad2: We are waiting to get if her son still wants to go/if she will let her son go. My poor MIL, all she wanted to do was give her kids a great Christmas, and it's going to start unraveling now....i can feel it.

Guess I need to figure out what we can do with her 2 tickets if they can't go.

We got APs last year and have used the HECK out of them. The resort, shopping and dining discounts make it basically pay for itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter