***Official December 2017 thread!

Our 60 day mark is coming up soon since we actually arrive in Disney on 11/30. This will be my first time trying to schedule FP. Any tips on doing it in MDE or does anyone have feedback about whether they've been able to snag the FP's they want so far?

Does anyone think that the park hours will change at all from what they are listed at now for December or are they pretty much set?

Thanks!

I just did mine the other day. Don't start by day, start by hardest to get. Make a list of hardest to easiest to get and go from there. I did Flight of Passage first, then 7 Dwarves, and Frozen ever After. The rest I just filled in after that day to day.

Anyone going the week during Christmas to New Years? Are you planning on doing some special events to avoid some of the crowds?
My husband and I will be there during that time. I booked a dessert party at MK on the 30th for the midnight fireworks and the New Year's Eve dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot for the 31st. I would usually not book events like this, but have never visited during this time of year and feel like I will need breaks from the large crowds.
I will say that I'm still on the fence about keeping the reservation at La Hacienda. I think it's too pricey, but my husband thinks it's worth it to keep me from getting frustrated with the crowds on new year's eve.

My husband and I will be there during that time. I booked a dessert party at MK on the 30th for the midnight fireworks and the New Year's Eve dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot for the 31st. I would usually not book events like this, but have never visited during this time of year and feel like I will need breaks from the large crowds.
I will say that I'm still on the fence about keeping the reservation at La Hacienda. I think it's too pricey, but my husband thinks it's worth it to keep me from getting frustrated with the crowds on new year's eve.

I have the same MK Dec 30 Dessert Party and ADR at La Hacienda booked! I'm second guessing our ADR too, our ressie is at 4:30...I'm not sure I want to be at Epcot that early in the evening.

I have the same MK Dec 30 Dessert Party and ADR at La Hacienda booked! I'm second guessing our ADR too, our ressie is at 4:30...I'm not sure I want to be at Epcot that early in the evening.
What a coincidence! However, we'll be at Epcot earlier in the day and our late night reservation might save us from complete insanity. We still have time to decide whether it's in our best interest to keep it or not.

We're doing the same thing. MK Dessert Party on the 30th and the La Hacienda special event dinner for New Years Eve. I had exchanged some private messages with someone who did the La Hacienda event last year, and they said if I could afford it, they highly recommended it. So I will most likely keep it on the agenda. See you there--Both nights!

La Hacienda has a special event on the 31st that starts at 9:30pm and goes thru 1am---but it is a bit pricey.

I had exchanged some private messages with someone who did the La Hacienda event last year, and they said if I could afford it, they highly recommended it.
I'm glad to hear that! Part of the reason I was on the fence about it was because I was unsure whether the experience would be worth the cost. It's very difficult to find any reviews for this particular dinner. I'm definitely happy to hear others have a nice time at this event.
We've already paid for our reservation so we can definitely keep it.

Our 60 day mark is coming up soon since we actually arrive in Disney on 11/30. This will be my first time trying to schedule FP. Any tips on doing it in MDE or does anyone have feedback about whether they've been able to snag the FP's they want so far?

Does anyone think that the park hours will change at all from what they are listed at now for December or are they pretty much set?

Thanks!
As another posted stated, start with the hardest to get and work you way to the easier ones. We just selected FP+ this morning and I only had trouble with FEA (wasn't trying for FoP). Also be ready to use either the website or the MDE app. First thing this morning the website wasn't working but the app was.

As another posted stated, start with the hardest to get and work you way to the easier ones. We just selected FP+ this morning and I only had trouble with FEA (wasn't trying for FoP). Also be ready to use either the website or the MDE app. First thing this morning the website wasn't working but the app was.

Not sure what browser you were using but the other day I couldn't get the website to work while using Chrome but tried it in Explorer and it worked fine. Weird.

I got excited earlier when I checked availability (already booked but anxious at how booked December is) and saw a bunch of hotels pop up that previously showed sold out, but then when I select the hotel (I tried POP, CBR and POFQ) they all say check availability, call for more information under every room type. I really hope that a PP I saw stating there are duplication errors occurring is the cause of this not that December will be totally mobbed.

And I am not totally crazy, work was stressing me out and Disney planning calms me LOL

I got excited earlier when I checked availability (already booked but anxious at how booked December is) and saw a bunch of hotels pop up that previously showed sold out, but then when I select the hotel (I tried POP, CBR and POFQ) they all say check availability, call for more information under every room type. I really hope that a PP I saw stating there are duplication errors occurring is the cause of this not that December will be totally mobbed.

And I am not totally crazy, work was stressing me out and Disney planning calms me LOL

Worth noting that when you click in to check a lot of them are still showing no availability.

Worth noting that when you click in to check a lot of them are still showing no availability.
I realize that was missing from the post, I was excited BUT THEN I noticed as I checked - a few weeks ago they weren't showing at all so I don't know why the change for no reason. My FP date is approaching and I notice the site has been down - hoping Disney gets all these issues fixed soon

I realize that was missing from the post, I was excited BUT THEN I noticed as I checked - a few weeks ago they weren't showing at all so I don't know why the change for no reason. My FP date is approaching and I notice the site has been down - hoping Disney gets all these issues fixed soon
My dates still have room and package availability-just not much for the two discounts running. I keep hoping more discounted rooms will open. ;)

I don't do FP until the 15th.

Not sure what browser you were using but the other day I couldn't get the website to work while using Chrome but tried it in Explorer and it worked fine. Weird.
Interesting...I was using Chrome. Tried it just now with Microseft Edge and it seems to work fine (Chrome still gets a busted Olaf). Thanks for the heads up!

My Disney Experience hasn't let me log in thru web all week, I get Stitch - my app thru phone seems to be working. I just want to have the best method for booking FP - for some reason I can't seem to remember how I did it last year and if computer is faster/better/easier than app on phone.

My Disney Experience hasn't let me log in thru web all week, I get Stitch - my app thru phone seems to be working. I just want to have the best method for booking FP - for some reason I can't seem to remember how I did it last year and if computer is faster/better/easier than app on phone.
Website seems to be having issues lately. We booked our FP+'s yesterday and could only use the app.

I was able to book my dec 1-7 package fp+ today at 62 days out since I have a room only from nov 29-dec1 elsewhere. The cm told me I couldn’t book until Monday but it worked. So if any of you are doing RO before your package, I highly suggest logging on to do fp when your RO date shows 60 days. I was able to get all of the hard to get rides and flights of passage had any time slot I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter