*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Trying TRex and the Boathouse this trip. As for the blue bandanna or hash tag thing- cool idea!

Past 2 trips is totally centered around food! The young adults run all over the parks while we entertain our grandson.

Oh nice! Let me know how she likes it! We have a reservation for our trip too :)
I will let you know.

My daughter was scared of the dinosaurs and loudness at Trex too, but we asked to sit at a quieter table and she was fine. Just ask to be seated either near the fish tank or in the ice room.

Oh good tip. If we go there, I'll be sure to ask for the quieter areas.

Just found this thread! 12/9-12/12 (short) mother/Daughter ONLY sweet 16 trip! Over the moon excited! GF/PORRR split stay. Bought MVMCP tix for 12/9. What else do we HAVE to do?
Are you making any dinner reservations? There might not be a lot available right now. I would join the December cancellation thread if ones you want are gone. The link is in the first post of this group.

Trying TRex and the Boathouse this trip. As for the blue bandanna or hash tag thing- cool idea!

Past 2 trips is totally centered around food! The young adults run all over the parks while we entertain our grandson.

How old is your grandson?

Going to the Magic for a quick weekend trip in December with just my DS and I. Already have our ADR's booked. We'll also be going the MVMCP as well. Can't wait. :banana:

I will let you know.

Oh good tip. If we go there, I'll be sure to ask for the quieter areas.

Are you making any dinner reservations? There might not be a lot available right now. I would join the December cancellation thread if ones you want are gone. The link is in the first post of this group.

How old is your grandson?

I made one at CP and TH. Other than that winging it. We've noticed a lot of things open up while on Disney vacations, so aren't too stressed about it. She'd like Ohana for breakfast, but wont kill her not to have it :)

Can someone outline for me the different nighttime shows, which park they are at, and what time they are each evening? I am struggling to figure that all out. Thank you in advance.

Can someone outline for me the different nighttime shows, which park they are at, and what time they are each evening? I am struggling to figure that all out. Thank you in advance.
Times move around all the time, so you need to check park hours for your specific dates.

Epcot has Illuminations - which I believe has previously had a special holiday portion added in Decembers past.

HS has Fantasmic! and the Star Wars show. Fantasmic has boats, water projection and fireworks. SW has a protection show and fireworks.

AK has had the Jungle Book show over the summer, which is ending soon. There are rumors that Rivers of Light will start up yet this year, but there have not been any official announcements.

MK has Wishes on non-party days for most of December. On party days for MVMCP, there is a special holiday show (Holiday Wishes, maybe), which is also shown once the MVMCPs are over for the season - so late December. Also special show for MNSSHP (Hallowishes).

MK:
non-party nights - Celebrate the Magic (castle projection show) and Wishes (fireworks)
party nights - Holiday versions of the above, plus the holiday castle show, holiday parade, dance parties, etc

I picked a random date for times, 12/19. Based on the times on the Disney website, it has Wishes at 10pm that night. If you are there after MVMCP is finished (after the 22nd), there should also be a Christmas parade. The time is not listed.

The Electrical Water Pageant also goes across the lake and can be viewed from MK or the MK resorts, usually a half hour or so after Wishes.

Epcot:
Illuminations:Reflections of Earth - projections and fireworks on the world showcase lagoon.
Again, using 12/19, Illuminations is listed at 9:30pm

Candlelight Processional (first show at 5pm, dinner pkg available. Traditional Christian Christmas story with celebrity narrator and choral music)

AK:
to be determined
*maybe* Rivers of Light
Tree of Life Awakenings - throughout the evening, after sunset

Hollywood Studios:
Fantasmic, sometimes two shows per night...this is almost a guarantee during the holiday season.
Using 12/19, Fantasmic is listed at 8pm. There will likely be two shows, one to be added later

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, projection show with fireworks - no times listed yet

We were trying to figure out what to do on arrival, non-ticket night. I finally decided and booked Mickey's Backyard BBQ! Yay! Hope it won't be too chilly being an outdoor thing in December. :yay::dogdance::yay:

We were trying to figure out what to do on arrival, non-ticket night. I finally decided and booked Mickey's Backyard BBQ! Yay! Hope it won't be too chilly being an outdoor thing in December. :yay::dogdance::yay:
We are in the same situation. We arrive in the morning 9:30 am so we have all day, non ticket night. My husband wants to resort hop and check out Christmas decorations. My sister wants to hit the pool and dinner. I told them I'm sure we can fit it all in. We are going to be up so early in the day I think a good long nap after we get our room sounds good :faint:

Good afternoon, Friends!

I have our two new additions up on the front page, :welcome:

Anyone else watch the live feeds on Facebook last night from Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?? I really want to plan a trip around it, I love the parade, especially the Haunted Mansion part with the dancing ballroom ghosts.

I'm in full on fall mode today! Had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte this morning. Waiting for the Razorbacks game to start at 3:00, went to Bath and Body Works for some new candles and Hobby Lobby for a few fall picks to finish up a wreath I'm working on. While there I ended up with four ceramic pumpkins that match the colors in the house: red, yellow, lime, and turquoise.

Then I got home and my friend who sells Scentsy had pictures of a new warmer up on her Facebook page, Calaca, which is a bride and groom sugar skull couple. I was instantly obsessed and ordered it and four bars.

I'm debating whether or not I want to pull out all of my fall decor this afternoon or wait until Tuesday when the kids are at school and DH is at work. When I checked the closet, I realized I put all of my Christmas stuff in front of the fall/Halloween stuff for some reason, and I don't know how badly I want to move all the Christmas stuff out and back right now. I give myself an hour before I can't handle it anymore and start bringing it out, LOL!

It's all because we're having amazing weather today: no humidity, cool breeze, warm sunshine...it's perfect. The feeling will wear off next week when we're back up to 90 degrees with 8 million percent humidity, haha!!

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

99 days to go... wooo

I remember when this trip was 280 days.
Getting closer now
:)

The exitement is building for our trip! Just wondering if anyone here has done the HDR? We are considering it, but haven't fully decided. Looking for feedback. Our kids are 15 and 10, if that makes a difference. Also, we've heard that campers decorate their individual campsites for the holidays and we thought we could check that out either before or after HDR. Is that even a feasible plan? Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm sorry for reposting this! Somehow I posted a few pages earlier instead of here

The exitement is building for our trip! Just wondering if anyone here has done the HDR? We are considering it, but haven't fully decided. Looking for feedback. Our kids are 15 and 10, if that makes a difference. Also, we've heard that campers decorate their individual campsites for the holidays and we thought we could check that out either before or after HDR. Is that even a feasible plan? Thanks in advance for your help!

Having issues with multi quotes...

Fall decor-good idea!

We are arriving earlier than the package with room only reservations- Gonna play min-golf at Pirates cove, winter/summerland- and spend the other free time between Disney Springs and the resort.

Good afternoon, Friends!

Anyone else watch the live feeds on Facebook last night from Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?? I really want to plan a trip around it, I love the parade, especially the Haunted Mansion part with the dancing ballroom ghosts.

I'm in full on fall mode today! Had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte this morning. Waiting for the Razorbacks game to start at 3:00, went to Bath and Body Works for some new candles and Hobby Lobby for a few fall picks to finish up a wreath I'm working on. While there I ended up with four ceramic pumpkins that match the colors in the house: red, yellow, lime, and turquoise.

Then I got home and my friend who sells Scentsy had pictures of a new warmer up on her Facebook page, Calaca, which is a bride and groom sugar skull couple. I was instantly obsessed and ordered it and four bars.

I'm debating whether or not I want to pull out all of my fall decor this afternoon or wait until Tuesday when the kids are at school and DH is at work. When I checked the closet, I realized I put all of my Christmas stuff in front of the fall/Halloween stuff for some reason, and I don't know how badly I want to move all the Christmas stuff out and back right now. I give myself an hour before I can't handle it anymore and start bringing it out, LOL!

It's all because we're having amazing weather today: no humidity, cool breeze, warm sunshine...it's perfect. The feeling will wear off next week when we're back up to 90 degrees with 8 million percent humidity, haha!!

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

I watched it, it made me so happy and ready to decorate. I am in fall mode too. My down fall is we are spending the labor day holiday remodeling a bathroom. Which has turned in to a major project due to some mold :( I can now sit in my living room and see into that bathroom. So sadly until we get this project completed no decorating. I did get to watch my Clemson tigers play last night since it was a late game and we had called it quits for the day. I also picked me up a new light up pumpkin from Lowes when we were buying supplies. Hope you have a great weekend too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter