• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

I want to know about this Pokemon go stuff too. My son hasn't mentioned it but it's only a matter of time before he watches a video on it & wants to play.

Soo...it's incredibly addictive. It's an app in the apple store and the google play store. It's "augmented reality", and puts the different pokemon in the real world. It uses your gps and camera to make it look like pokemon are around you. It shows a map screen with your avatar person, and your phone will vibrate if a Pokemon is in catching range, you touch it and it opens the camera making it look like the Pokemon is in front of you in the "real world", then you swipe your finger on the screen to throw the pokeball to catch the pokemon. Not every throw will be a catch, sometimes they're hard to get!

Local places like churches, trails, schools, etc... operate as Pokestops or gyms - you can get items there or battle at the gyms if you're level 5 or above. You get leveled up by catching more Pokemon and getting experience points. If you get eggs at the pokestops, you click them to incubate, and then you have to walk a certain number of steps to hatch it. I have one right now that requires you to walk 2 kilometers to hatch, my kids each have a 5K egg.

It's a fun idea, and we went out to get sno cones tonight and stopped a couple of times on the way there...saw lots of people walking around aimlessly at the trail head by our house (it's a PokeStop) with their phones out, searching, LOL!! It's actually a good way to get people out of the house and moving! I figure I'll get all my steps in on my fitbit this weekend because the kids want to go "hunting".

First page is updated with new friends and old friends with new dates/new resorts!!

Looks like the party on the 18th is going to be a Disapalooza!! We should try to plan a meet up for a photo op!!

Hi there everyone just booked our trip last week for Dec 20-24th. I haven't been to WDW in over a decade and it will be my daughters 1st time!!! I bought tickets to MVMCP on Dec. 22nd and couldn't be more excited!!

I'm a newbie too, welcome.
We're going to our first party too on the 18th. We booked Ohana for 3:30 so we have maximum party time . I've never been much for pictures, but the party makes me want to get pictures with all the characters...

I'm a newbie too, welcome.
We're going to our first party too on the 18th. We booked Ohana for 3:30 so we have maximum party time . I've never been much for pictures, but the party makes me want to get pictures with all the characters...

We have a BOG ressie at 5:30 on the party night (Dec 18th) and I'm second guessing it. Never been to the party before, so not sure what to expect. I really want to see the holiday parade/fireworks so we did the dessert party. Assume I'll be out of dinner around 7 to soak up the ambience and grab a few rides before lining up for the parade at 8:15. We also have regular admission tickets for earlier in the day, and will have a few sets of fast passes each to hit our favorites. We also have a 9:15 breakfast scheduled for the 7 of us at Kona Cafe to kick off the morning.

Everyones plans sound like they are coming together.
We have had no problems in getting any ADR through the christmas period so that was a relief.

And we are now official Annual pass holders (claps hands then sighs seeing as we are so so so so far away down the bottom of the earth).

But we saved over 3,000 by getting the annual passes instead of buying 30 days for 2 adults and 1 child so very happy with that one... they even said they would send for free all the way to Australia...

Now hurry up 156 days hahaha.

Everyones plans sound like they are coming together.
We have had no problems in getting any ADR through the christmas period so that was a relief.

And we are now official Annual pass holders (claps hands then sighs seeing as we are so so so so far away down the bottom of the earth).

But we saved over 3,000 by getting the annual passes instead of buying 30 days for 2 adults and 1 child so very happy with that one... they even said they would send for free all the way to Australia...

Now hurry up 156 days hahaha.
I'm at 156 days too!!!!! Thankfully we don't have to fly that far but the days are going so slowly!!!

Sorry for this post but I have to share with follow Disney fans. My DD is almost 5, she has a rare genetic disorder and really doesn't talk yet. She says a few words, but today she said "go see mouse" (meaning Minnie Mouse). I am so excited, I can not wait to get her there.:love:

Sorry for this post but I have to share with follow Disney fans. My DD is almost 5, she has a rare genetic disorder and really doesn't talk yet. She says a few words, but today she said "go see mouse" (meaning Minnie Mouse). I am so excited, I can not wait to get her there.:love:
That is so awesome!! I hear so many stories about WDW bringing out things in children that surprise parents and doctors, and it never fails to amaze me. I hope your trip is a magical experience for all of you!!

That's awesome!

The Pokemon thing sounds cool. I'm going to download & show my son tomorrow he's away with my husband while my daughter & I have a girls weekend at home. We saw the Pets movie today & it was pretty cute.

We have a BOG ressie at 5:30 on the party night (Dec 18th) and I'm second guessing it. Never been to the party before, so not sure what to expect. I really want to see the holiday parade/fireworks so we did the dessert party. Assume I'll be out of dinner around 7 to soak up the ambience and grab a few rides before lining up for the parade at 8:15. We also have regular admission tickets for earlier in the day, and will have a few sets of fast passes each to hit our favorites. We also have a 9:15 breakfast scheduled for the 7 of us at Kona Cafe to kick off the morning.
We're definitely hitting the parade twice and seeing the fireworks. We're spending the day at Disney springs after brunch at Cali Grill. Hopefully we can have a little break before heading off to MK. Like you, I don't know what to expect either. I'm really curious of crowd levels and how that will effect how much we can do.

I hop

I hope you have an amazing time!

That is so awesome!! I hear so many stories about WDW bringing out things in children that surprise parents and doctors, and it never fails to amaze me. I hope your trip is a magical experience for all of you!!
Thank you!

Rickat96's extra days are logged, and Narnia_girl is added to the list!

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Sunday!

We spent the morning swimming at the lake, caught a few Pokemon on the way to and from, watched Lilo and Stitch for the 890,874,573,521,104th time (and cried through most of it), now binge watching episodes of Psych (also for the 890,874,573,521,104th time) while cleaning up around the house, doing laundry, and taking dog snuggling breaks.

Ugh laundry. I hate doing laundry. Well the folding & putting away part. I should of done more laundry this weekend.

Talked to hubby about our ADRs & he wants to do Ohana for breakfast instead of 1900. I don't care either way. As soon as something opens up, I'll make the switch.

Ugh laundry. I hate doing laundry. Well the folding & putting away part. I should of done more laundry this weekend.

Talked to hubby about our ADRs & he wants to do Ohana for breakfast instead of 1900. I don't care either way. As soon as something opens up, I'll make the switch.

The folding and putting away is the WORST.

We've never done 1900 for breakfast, but we enjoyed 'Ohana! Stitch is a lot of fun, and we loved seeing Lilo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter