• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

For the first time in forever, I'm coming out of lurkdom to join the fun. My mother and I will be at WDW Nov 27-Dec 4. We haven't been in 15 years! It is truly my favorite place on earth, and I keep pinching myself because I can hardly believe it's really happening. I pray it's the first of many such trips to follow. We'll be at MVMCP on 12/01. Come say hello!

We are doing 1 day at US/IoA, but are considering doing something my husband thinks is insane. Our US day falls 2 days before we end our vacation and I don't want to check out of our hotel and lose the ME either. Unlimited express passes will cost my family of 4 $600 for the day we go, but a room is only $330. I'm trying to convince him to take an overnight bag and spend just 1 night (paying for rooms at WDW and US). That will give us early entry and express passes. Then we'll go back to WDW and finish our vacation. Not the cheapest option, but we're saving money over express passes.

Surprisingly even for just the two of us this option works out cheaper too but we might just pass on Universal. We are only there 4 complete days and our two travel days and we already have 4 day park hoppers to Disney. We were going to make that 3 complete days at Disney with one night on our arrival travel day and then one day at universal. I love Harry Potter and she's a huge fan of the hulk coaster so Universal really draws us but it just seems like we are trying to do too much and it's really expensive for just one day. For now we have decided to plan our trip without Universal in mind but keeping the option somewhat open in case we decide otherwise. It really hurts to let go but I just have to tell myself that it gives us an excuse to plan another trip.

Made my ADR's and was surprised how easy it was. Disney website has come a long way from the last time I booked!

Waiting for Candlelight Processional and late hours at AK to finish up the bookings. Guess I'll have to keep checking!

just got all my ADRs as well. i was feeling good about myself until i realized i had actually booked 3 all on the day we arrive (instead of wed/thu/fri). oops, back in and corrected! i was unable to change my reservations, had to make new ones and go back and cancel others but other than that, it went super smoothly.

can't wait... and suddenly feeling REALLY hungry!

I got the BOG breakfast and dinner no problem, along with Cinderella's Royal table for an 8:05 breakfast and Ohana for dinner. Only thing I couldn't get was Akerhaus for any time on any day of our trip (12/10-12/15). I have read some things about this one having tickets held back possibly, so wondering if that's the issue. Did anyone else score reservations there during that time frame?
I haven't been able to get Akerhaus either!!! That's the only one I wanted that we haven't been able to get.

Just joined!

Ditto.

Also, for those, like me, that are anxious to ride the new Soarin', it premiered this morning. And if you have ANYTHING Disney related on your Twitter, you've seen the lines. BUT... The biggest question that has been asked about the new Soarin' has been answered. Yes... Puddy is still the flight attendant.

Thank you for posting this. I have also been checking daily for our vacation. Question.....For MK, the schedule does not list Electrical Parade nor Wishes after Dec 17. Will those get added later? Our daughter had a panic attack on our last trip 2 years ago waiting for wishes and I'm trying to schedule the dessert party this trip.

I know everybody is all about ADRs right now but... I am wondering if any of you are considering the memory maker? Why or why not? I'm undecided?

Yes, we will get it! We had it for our vacation 2 years ago and loved it!!!! We actually have WDW pictures with me in them and all of us together as a family! Well worth it! We had almost 300 pictures from a 6 day vacation, plus videos on certain rides! Our daughter loves watch the Mine Train video riding it with her dad (who does not ride rides!) in the front cart!!!! Priceless!!!!

Is it called "Disney Christmas 2016"?
It says to me "Cancel Join Group" but I can't see anything.
My name is Joy if you see a request from me.
Thanks.

My family and my younger sister and her family (their first Disney visit) will be there November 25 through December 11. So excited as we usually go during fall and I am a huge Christmas person. We usually have more than one Christmas tree.:goodvibes The only time we have been there around Christmas was our tenth anniversary trip but that went badly as our kids got sick.:sick: Hopefully this trip will go better.:thumbsup2 We are staying at CSR.

Just click on the link, it will take you to the group page.

Thanks. It says cancel join request??? I didnt request to join but it says that. Sorry but I have no clue. Do I just wait to be accepted? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter