• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

So we are trying to decide which party to go during our trip. We will be there Dec 17-25. Should we go the 18th which is a Sunday and locals could increase the crowds or the 22nd which is the last party. Thought?

TIA,
Noelle

I am planning a birthday dinner prior to going on a wishes private cruise on Dec 17th. I can leave from any of the MK resorts. I'm staying at the Poly. It's a non-party night.

Questions:

1. What resort dining option would you choose?
2. Need to guess what time Wishes would be on that day, need to check in about 75 minutes before hand. Touring Plans show 8:00 wishes with 2 parades following. Isn't Wishes usually sandwiched in between the 2 parades? I'm going to assume 9PM wishes, so may need to board as early as 7:45. 6PM dinner reservation? Would that give me enough time?

I am planning a birthday dinner prior to going on a wishes private cruise on Dec 17th. I can leave from any of the MK resorts. I'm staying at the Poly. It's a non-party night.

Questions:

1. What resort dining option would you choose?
2. Need to guess what time Wishes would be on that day, need to check in about 75 minutes before hand. Touring Plans show 8:00 wishes with 2 parades following. Isn't Wishes usually sandwiched in between the 2 parades? I'm going to assume 9PM wishes, so may need to board as early as 7:45. 6PM dinner reservation? Would that give me enough time?

That timeline makes me nervous unless you are eating somewhere like The Wave, which is a little more quiet, but I always overplan for meal times, just because you never know if/how far they are running behind. For me, it would depend on where you want to have the meal. Any likes or dislikes? Casual or more formal? If you want 'Ohana, pick a time around 5:00 to 5:20ish to be safe. I know it sounds crazy, but they can run pretty far behind and the meal can last awhile. I'd rather have time to kill than be rushing to get to the boat.
I feel like 6:00 would probably be fine for anywhere else other than 'Ohana, though, the more I think about it. Most places can have you in and out in an hour to hour and a half.

I was I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm trying to plan out our meals and was wondering about peoples favorite breakfast places. This will be my first time at Disney and I really have no idea where to go! Thanks in advance!!!!

I was I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm trying to plan out our meals and was wondering about peoples favorite breakfast places. This will be my first time at Disney and I really have no idea where to go! Thanks in advance!!!!
I have mainly eaten at Character Breakfasts. We are always traveling with small children so I haven't really branched out at breakfast. With that said, my fave is Tusker House in AK. It has all the traditional breakfast foods, but also some African inspired foods.

That timeline makes me nervous unless you are eating somewhere like The Wave, which is a little more quiet, but I always overplan for meal times, just because you never know if/how far they are running behind. For me, it would depend on where you want to have the meal. Any likes or dislikes? Casual or more formal? If you want 'Ohana, pick a time around 5:00 to 5:20ish to be safe. I know it sounds crazy, but they can run pretty far behind and the meal can last awhile. I'd rather have time to kill than be rushing to get to the boat.
I feel like 6:00 would probably be fine for anywhere else other than 'Ohana, though, the more I think about it. Most places can have you in and out in an hour to hour and a half.

Thank you. I'm thinking about a 6PM at Narcoosee's, then embarking from the Grand.

I am currently planning our trip for Dec. 10-16! I've planned two trips before, but this one is a bit more overwhelming... there is so much more to do and see during the Christmas season! We will be doing a lot of park hopping, lol.

We really like to tour early so if we can get a pre-park opening reservation we will do a character meal. CRT is beautiful but expensive and CP works great at MK. TH is great at AK, and we have done H&V at HS. If we can't get a reservation pre park opending we either eat in the room or grab QS at the resort. Don't want to spend time sitting and eating when the lines for rides are so short.

In my opinion, Tusker House is the best breakfast in WDW. It has a wide variety of food selections and the characters are very interactive.

After that, I'd go Kona Cafe strictly for the food, and then Chrystal Palace for the characters. We always make sure we have a Kona Cafe morning so that we can get the quality breakfast and then ride the monorail to check out the decorations at the other resorts.

We will be at Disney from November 28 - December 5. We were even able to get FREE DINING during our visit! This will be one of my daughters and my second time being there for the holiday festivities as we were part of the ABC Christmas Day Parade filming two years ago, but the first time for my husband and other daughter. I am so excited for them to see all the decorations and such but have to admit the snow on Main Street, uhmmm when you're from the Maine you kind of look at it and say WOW that's it, LOL. 199 days!

So we are trying to decide which party to go during our trip. We will be there Dec 17-25. Should we go the 18th which is a Sunday and locals could increase the crowds or the 22nd which is the last party. Thought?

TIA,
Noelle
I've heard that the last party often is a sell-out. I'd take my chances with the 18th

Boma, Tusker House and 1900 PF

Anyone know when December hours are going to release? I'm not apparently waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter