• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official December 2014 Check-In! ****

We will be in Disney from Dec 8th-12th. Staying at the DI&S. I will be in a huge pack with a total of 11 people (8 adults 3 children ages 4,5,8) and on the first two days an additional 4 adults.

Seriously, the adult to child ratio is wild but everyone is excited to see the kids reaction to disneyland... and everyone wants to contribute $$ and make this the kids Christmas present... so I love presents that are not made of plastic and clutter my house. :)

We'll be at the GCV for sure, it's just the dates that are up in the air. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

We will be in Disney from Dec 8th-12th. Staying at the DI&S. I will be in a huge pack with a total of 11 people (8 adults 3 children ages 4,5,8) and on the first two days an additional 4 adults.

Seriously, the adult to child ratio is wild but everyone is excited to see the kids reaction to disneyland... and everyone wants to contribute $$ and make this the kids Christmas present... so I love presents that are not made of plastic and clutter my house. :)

Sounds like the makings of a magical trip! Have a fantastic time!!

Spring is blooming all over! In six weeks we have summer vacation and I get to wave so long to my class! But what am I really looking forward to? December 17 through the 23!!!!! My son is taking his mom (me) and his sister (my DD) back to the GCH to celebrate Christmas!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Spring is blooming all over! In six weeks we have summer vacation and I get to wave so long to my class! But what am I really looking forward to? December 17 through the 23!!!!! My son is taking his mom (me) and his sister (my DD) back to the GCH to celebrate Christmas!!! Woo-hoo!!!

What a nice son! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday!

My mother daughter trip is moving right along. I had put our trip on layaway by using getaway today, and We are starting to buy Disney gift cards for spending. My game plan is to have the trip payed for by the time we get there.

We're switching our July trip to a December trip. Woohoo! We've never been at Christmas time. We're at DI&S 12/3-7.

My mother daughter trip is moving right along. I had put our trip on layaway by using getaway today, and We are starting to buy Disney gift cards for spending. My game plan is to have the trip payed for by the time we get there.

Awesome! We do the same thing. It's nice to come back from vacation with no additional debt. :goodvibes

We're switching our July trip to a December trip. Woohoo! We've never been at Christmas time. We're at DI&S 12/3-7.

YAY!! You won't be disappointed. The "busy" of the holidays is much friendlier than the "busy" of a hot summer day. Have a fantastic time!

... YAY!! You won't be disappointed. The "busy" of the holidays is much friendlier than the "busy" of a hot summer day. Have a fantastic time!

I just had to pop in and agree with this. It is a friendlier busy!

Also, let me just add that the actual heat is friendlier in December too!:rotfl2: I always say that an 80-degree day in Spring or Summer is much different than an 80-degree day in Fall (especially late Fall) or Winter. I was at DLR a few days ago and, while the flowers and colors are beautiful and Easter fun is taking place, it felt like my face was going to burn off from the harsh sun. It was 80-something degrees. In November/December an 80+ degree day isn't nearly as uncomfortable. The sun is friendlier and calmer at that point.

ME! ME! :dance3:

We're actually PCSing from New Orleans to San Diego right before Thanksgiving, and are ending my DH's leave with a family trip to DL. This will be our first time going during the holidays, and our first trip to DL in almost 6 years, and our last trip there was only for a day. We'll be staying at GCV.

We're actually PCSing from New Orleans to San Diego right before Thanksgiving, and are ending my DH's leave with a family trip to DL. This will be our first time going during the holidays, and our first trip to DL in almost 6 years, and our last trip there was only for a day. We'll be staying at GCV.

VirataMama4 --

I noticed you're in New Orleans. Since you're currently living in New Orleans, you may find New Orleans Square's holiday decorations (which go up right around the end of October and stay up through the Bayou Bash at DLR in late February/early March) quite unique (maybe familiar??).

We'll be doing some sort of New Orleans Square Theme Week when we begin the annual Theme Week Countdown in the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread this year (late July/early August). Stay tuned!

In the meantime, here are some links to photos that may interest you...

1. This was the starting/intro post to our New Orleans Square/Haunted Mansion Holiday Theme Week last year (in the former Superthread). You can enter/follow the thread from that post and see the entries from the other participants.

2. These were New Orleans Square holiday season photos that I repurposed for Mardi Gras (in the current Superthread)!

3. This post and this post celebrated St. Patrick's Day, New Orleans Square holiday-style (in the current Superthread)!

4. And this post celebrated April Fool's Day in New Orleans Square holiday style too (in the current Superthread)!

Oh Boo. I feel like this should be "The Christmas season check in" We are going Nov 17th to 21st but I love to be apart of the Christmas stuff since we are going because of the Christmas season in the park. Maybe someone will start a November check in board soon!?

Oh Boo. I feel like this should be "The Christmas season check in" We are going Nov 17th to 21st but I love to be apart of the Christmas stuff since we are going because of the Christmas season in the park. Maybe someone will start a November check in board soon!?

You'll always be a part of the Christmas stuff in the Superthread, whether you go to DLR in November, December or early January!

VirataMama4 --

I noticed you're in New Orleans. Since you're currently living in New Orleans, you may find New Orleans Square's holiday decorations (which go up right around the end of October and stay up through the Bayou Bash at DLR in late February/early March) quite unique (maybe familiar??).

We'll be doing some sort of New Orleans Square Theme Week when we begin the annual Theme Week Countdown in the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread this year (late July/early August). Stay tuned!

In the meantime, here are some links to photos that may interest you...

1. This was the starting/intro post to our New Orleans Square/Haunted Mansion Holiday Theme Week last year (in the former Superthread). You can enter/follow the thread from that post and see the entries from the other participants.

2. These were New Orleans Square holiday season photos that I repurposed for Mardi Gras (in the current Superthread)!

3. This post and this post celebrated St. Patrick's Day, New Orleans Square holiday-style (in the current Superthread)!

4. And this post celebrated April Fool's Day in New Orleans Square holiday style too (in the current Superthread)!

Those pictures make me even more excited! Thank you! During Mardi Gras beads are everywhere here, in the trees, on the balconies, sidewalks, Lol. Many even keep their fake Christmas trees up, just so they can decorate them with beads for Mardi Gras. Definitely one of my favorite times of year since moving here, and now I cannot wait for Bayou Bash at DL! :yay:

Heading down to WDW December 6-13. No particulars yet as my daighter was just accepted into the college program. Hoping to stay at Yacht Club but possibly POR depending on funds. Was down there early November 2013 for W&F but looking forward to Disney Christmas time with our daughter. Can't wait to see the list of Pageant narrators.

We will be there for Candlelight weekend and then for CHristmas through New Years. Dates will probably be Dec 4-7 and Dec 20-Jan 3.

How FUN! You'll love all of the holiday extras, and all of the park changes since your last visit! I'll add you to the list of people who don't have all of the details yet. Let us know when your dates are solid, and I'll make the change.

I get your point, but these check-in threads are generally by the month. Sherry's holiday thread will be a great one for you to follow to keep the excitement alive. If nobody has started a November check-in yet, you could start one if you'd like! It's fun to follow everyone's plans! :goodvibes

Heading down to WDW December 6-13. No particulars yet as my daighter was just accepted into the college program. Hoping to stay at Yacht Club but possibly POR depending on funds. Was down there early November 2013 for W&F but looking forward to Disney Christmas time with our daughter. Can't wait to see the list of Pageant narrators.

That sounds like a fantastic trip! Unfortunately I can't put it on this list because this is a DLR check-in. It's possible that there is a WDW check-in on their board.

Everyone who is staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels this holiday season, or anyone who wants to make a point of visiting the hotels to see the decorations, enjoy the atmosphere and/or meet Santa may be interested in this handy post about the holiday offerings at the Disneyland Resort Hotels! I just finished working on it today.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the Superthread updates! I love all of the pictures you include!! :wizard:

We will be there for Candlelight weekend and then for CHristmas through New Years. Dates will probably be Dec 4-7 and Dec 20-Jan 3.

I think we do this every trip, Mal - you're going to arrive the day we leave! One of these days, we'll run into each other in the parks! :lmao:Do you have a hotel you'd like to add to the list?

Add me in pls! :santa:

Our planned dates are dec 3 to dec 9 – depending on flights they could change by a day or so but we are defiantly going to be in the parks early dec!
No hotel plans yet – I’d like to see if I can get a AP rate at one of the DL hotels but yet its too far away for me to book.

Can’t wait to spend part of my holidays in DL!

Look at all you people already committed to December dates! I'm so jealous! We're thinking December again, but need to wait for school to start in the fall to be sure we don't miss anything critical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter