Official December 2008 Wedding thread

ITmickey

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I've been lurking for a while now, and realized that there are some december brides and grooms (well at least I am a groom) , for both escape and wishes weddings. So I thought it would be convenient to start a thread to share ideas and avoid locks on resources, as the one I saw for Randi, in another thread, for 12/08 :thumbsup2

As for myself, we are aiming for an escape wedding at the wedding pavillion for 12/04. We are trying to stick to the package and so far we have only decided to add the mk photoshoot. Will not be making trips for testing makeup or anything else :sad2:

So, drop by here and share :cool1:

Hi !

I am also planning to marry in December 2008, but we haven't decide for date yet. I would be the 23th, 24th, 25th or 26th of December, probably in the wedding pavillion. I asked the question on another thread, but got no answers, so maybe somebody could help me on this one.

December, especially at the end of the monthe is peak season : does someone know how expensive it is to rent the WP on that period ? Is is really more than the 5000$ mention on the website ?

Congratulations to all the brides and grooms of December 2008 :banana:

Hi!

As far as I know, and assuming you are thinking in an Escape Wedding, the price remains the same across the year; however, it may not be available for Escapes, and be only available for Wishes Weddings, where minumums do vary according to season.

I hope someone else can shed more light on this. And also, congratulations!!! :cool1: :woohoo:

Hi,

As for myself, we are aiming for an escape wedding at the wedding pavillion for 12/04.

I was married on DECEMBER 4th!!!!!!!!!

GOOD date!!!!!

I cant offer to much since i got married all the way back in 1997!!! but if you need anything...feel free to ask!!!!

congrats!!!

Hi !

I am also planning to marry in December 2008, but we haven't decide for date yet. I would be the 23th, 24th, 25th or 26th of December, probably in the wedding pavillion. I asked the question on another thread, but got no answers, so maybe somebody could help me on this one.

December, especially at the end of the monthe is peak season : does someone know how expensive it is to rent the WP on that period ? Is is really more than the 5000$ mention on the website ?

Congratulations to all the brides and grooms of December 2008 :banana:

From what I've read about Escape weddings at the wedding pavilion, they are only available Monday-Thursday. I haven't seen anything saying that have any extra charge in December. I just checked the calendar too and December 25 is a Friday so that day is out. I think the only thing that you might have a problem with is scheduling an available time since Wishes get priority over Escape weddings for the Wedding pavilion. HTH!

I'm a December 2008 Escape Bride! :bride:

Just booked Randy Chapman for 12/15, so that is the date we're going with.

Hypthetical LineUp

Time: 2:30pm
Photographer: Randy Champman
Colors: Pale Yellow and Blue
Theme: Waterfront / Beach / Little Mermaid
Officiant... Ron?
Music: Guitar rather than Violin if possible
Reception: Dinner at Yachtman Steakhouse

I'm trying to stick to the minimum as much as I can, but I had to add Randy's photography services! But no site visits, cake testing, hair/makeup, extra flowers for me.

But I would love to hear about all of those things from everyone! Especially the cake.... yum yum yum.
And music.
And invites.
And save the dates.
And dresses.
And themes.
And.. and... and... :rotfl:

Hi guys and gals! We're doing December 8, 2008 at Wedding Pavillion, Living Seas, and then Lower UK Dessert Party! We'll be down there from the 5th-21st! Hooray for December '08 weddings! :thumbsup2

I was married on DECEMBER 4th!!!!!!!!!

GOOD date!!!!!

I cant offer to much since i got married all the way back in 1997!!! but if you need anything...feel free to ask!!!!

congrats!!!

Thanks for your good will!

Posting MeowGoddes style:

Hypothetical Lineup

Time: 5.30 pm
Photography: Disney (any suggestions, btw?)
Colors: ummmm... Tuxedo black and bride dress white???
Theme: ummm Wedding?
Officiant: no clue yet
Reception: Really considering chef mickey's... hey that would be more than a $1,000 savings over renting the big cheese just for ourselves!!! :thumbsup2

Ok, we have already been dress shopping, and our selection comes down to this 2 :

vestido2.jpg

vestido1.jpg

One of them has already arrived, but we are waiting for the second one, due mid-december, to make the final choice.

We have already begun paying for it, since they are interchangeable (sp?)

Hello all,
Just wanted to share that I called dftw again,in the morning, since I had not heard back from them since my first call (about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Turns out they wad the wrong phone number.
Anywho, after correcting that, got a call from someone named Doreen (anybody here knows her/recommends her?) who apologized about the wrong data, and told is is still to early to book for the wedding pavillion. The date for booking will be april 4th, but she was happy to answer questions till then. She was very nice.

So, for those dec weddings let it be known that WP can be booked on the 8 month mark (in case you didn't know)

We are happy to finally getting to speak with someone from DFTW!!! :banana:

Hi! We just booked Randy for December 12, 2008!! :banana: :banana: Don't you just love these bananas?!

So, now we're just counting down to when we could actually book our Escape Wedding! Woohoo!! :cloud9:

Hi I was married December 19 last year in an intimate wedding. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi and what a great month to get married. Congratulations to all you soon to be Disney Brides.

We are getting married December 6, 2008 :yay:

Time: 2:30pm
Photographer: Randy Champman
Colors: Burgundy Gold and Ivory
Theme: Castle
Officiant: Not sure yet
Music: DJ
Reception: Atlantic Dance Hall
Dessert Party: French Island

I am a secret wanna-be December 08 Disney bride :thumbsup2

I am working with my FSIL in planning a trip together next December. My FSIL, FMIL, my Mom and my sister all live in FL so it would be a nice little family trip. First I have to hope that the trip plans work out - and if not, I am determined to continue on with plans for another romantic Disney trip for me and my DF.

BUT, I just don't know that all of this will work out. I am starting to lean more towards on having an at home wedding and a Disneymoon these days - and realistically this probably won't happen until 09. There are just too many things that won't work out right if we marry in Disney. However, I am not going to give up hope on that dream idea just yet.

We are in the process of trying to seal our date in Dec. Our parents are both coming with us on our Disney trip Dec 08 so we thought it would be a great time to get married. As you can see from our kids we have been together for a long time and really marriage was never a priority. So we now that this has always been a sore point for both our parents so we thought we could add this in as a surprise (We don't plan on telling anyone until that morning).

This is our hypothetical plan:
Dec 9th
Sea Breeze Point
We will stick with the basic package although I am really debating adding Randy Chapman as his photo's look amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter