• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Millie we did just that! All 5 of us are on antibiotics now!

Have any of y'all seen or read Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy? We are on so much medicine I feel like we are propped up like Zaphod when his brain was being powered by lemons, but we are on the plane!
Somewhere along the line you need to replace everybody's toothbrushes or anything else their mouths come into repeated contact with. You can reinfect your own self with strep.

I'm glad you're all on medication so you can feel better soon and have a great trip!

I think you are right. We have two bulk packages of toothbrushes in our bag. We are going to switch out EVERYBODYS toothbrushes mid-course on the antibiotics and the again when the last person is done with theirs. We are each going to have our own toothpaste. Everyone seems good so far. No upset tummies. No fevers.

Looks like we are coming a day early now.:banana: We arrive at LAX 7 ish on Friday 8 from the UK, so have decided to to stay at an airport hotel overnight then head down the next am. Any thoughts on traffic? (it will be be Saturday) Aiming to head to the parks and find a few MAXpass Fps.

I think you are right. We have two bulk packages of toothbrushes in our bag. We are going to switch out EVERYBODYS toothbrushes mid-course on the antibiotics and the again when the last person is done with theirs. We are each going to have our own toothpaste. Everyone seems good so far. No upset tummies. No fevers.

Yeah!!!! Try to enjoy your vacation and have FUN!!! You deserve it!

3 weeks! Which means our package should be on the way! My goal this week is to print all our documents and such.

So I watched a YouTube video from the park on 12/27 of last year. Oh holy crap that’s a ton of people. I mean I know it’s going to be crazy but I’m glad I saw the video in advance to know what to expect really. I’m glad we’ve decided to do 3 character meals to see our characters and made dinning reservations and plan to only pick 1-2 must do things each day. This site has been so helpful.

tomorrow is the big day, early morning wake up to get to the airport for our 8:30am flight
the surprise has almost been spoiled a couple of times this weekend by the very few people that know about our trip but i don't think he suspects anything!!! thank goodness he knows about our April 2018 trip because we have diverted the conversations to reference that trip instead!!!

Wow- as of 1040 this morning- Small World fast passes are already at 1020 til 1120 pm. Wonder if that is right? That seems crazy.

Wow- as of 1040 this morning- Small World fast passes are already at 1020 til 1120 pm. Wonder if that is right? That seems crazy.

I just looked at it’s only a 5 minute wait fast pass at 11 am.. so maybe a glitch

We had a great trip despite the enormous crowds!!! MaxPass is a lifesaver. No running for FP's and get them for either park. The Candlelight Processional was awesome!! We weren't planning to watch the show but when my daughter find out who the narrator was, it became a must do. Plans changed for Saturday evening to make the 7:45 show. I talked to a CM and came up with a plan to be on Main Street at 6:30. Got a standing spot at 6:45 behind the benches on the right side of the stage. It was a great show and my 14 and 17 y/o girls were thrilled. We have seen the candlelight in WDW twice and prefer that set up. Standing in one spot for almost 2 hrs was tough with a bad knee and back.

It was fun to see them use the projectors on Main Street again! They projected images onto the buildings during Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks (no projections on the Matterhorn).

Candy canes and other sweets
DSC_0051_zpsst974rph.jpg

Dancing candles
DSC_0053_zpsxaa3am5m.jpg

String of Holiday lights
DSC_0055_zpsvcpmf7pv.jpg

Snowfall during the finale
DSC_0092_zps8w0p1brk.jpg

We made it to Main St. For the fireworks Sunday night. We were right at the start of the hub so we didn't see any projections. Way too windy tonight for any fireworks in either park. Also saw the 2nd showing of Fantasmic and it was awesome. Crowds were big today, too but we managed. 3 more days!!!!!

We made it to Main St. For the fireworks Sunday night. We were right at the start of the hub so we didn't see any projections. Way too windy tonight for any fireworks in either park. Also saw the 2nd showing of Fantasmic and it was awesome. Crowds were big today, too but we managed. 3 more days!!!!!

Probably good you saw the fireworks on Sunday, as I have a feeling there probably wont be any fireworks at least until the weekend, as it is supposed to be very windy at least through Thursday,

It was a really rough day but we’re here- first Park day tomorrow! Hoping to get everyone to sleep lol see everyone at RD as we head for PP lol itt was BUSY in DTD today so I’m scared of crowd levels tomorrow but it’ll be fun either way lol

It was a really rough day but we’re here- first Park day tomorrow! Hoping to get everyone to sleep lol see everyone at RD as we head for PP lol itt was BUSY in DTD today so I’m scared of crowd levels tomorrow but it’ll be fun either way lol

Would love to hear how things end up going today for you, as I arrive tomorrow. Hope you have a great day!

Just got a message from UPS that my package arrives tomorrow. Right at the 21 day mark. 3 more weeks for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter