OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Rumours are that PTN is back in November :love:

Apparently it is moving to DCA! If it does, what's the likelihood of the Christmas Fantasy parade being at night in DL? Has it ever run on the night?

This would be awesome news! And even better if the Christmas Fantasy parade went back to including a nighttime one. I prefer it at night!

I got a good deal on tickets and hotel package through the getaway today site that Casey at disneyland daily recommends. Tickets were 4 days get the 5th free and we are staying at the Camelot across the street.

I wouldn't get too excited about the nighttime parade situation yet. I've seen rumors too, but that's what they are for now -- only rumors and speculation based on rumors (usually on MiceChat or WDW Magic).

I've seen rumors (or theories based on rumors) to indicate that the Electrical Parade would be staying in Disneyland, and Paint the Night would go to DCA. I've seen rumors/speculation that PTN would go to DCA without the Electrical Parade staying in Disneyland. I've seen rumors that PTN would come back to Disneyland.

None of that is known or confirmed right now. The Christmas Fantasy Parade IS known to be coming back. That much is confirmed. But we don't know if it will go back to a nighttime run as well as daytime, or if it will just be daytime only.

The only things I can tell you that are confirmed are what I posted in the previous page (including the season dates and Christmas Fantasy Parade) and what we know from the DLR website -- such as the Festival of Holidays returning, etc.

Otherwise, anything is likely to happen. At this point we are still waiting on Halloween Time news to come out, so it might take a while to get any kind of concrete info about what will be happening during the holiday season.

It's amazing that this thread had dropped so far down the pages!

Anyway, in today's newest MiceChat/MiceAge rumor update, they are continuing on with the big rumor that Paint the Night is supposedly moving to DCA ("by this Thanksgiving").

However, they also indicate that -- if this happens and PTN does move -- Disney has to do some rethinking of the Festival of Holidays, because the Festival would interfere with the parade route. MiceChat says, "...since the winter food festival wasn’t as successful as the spring festival, TDA is willing to rethink Festival of Holidays for Paint The Night’s record high crowd approval ratings."

They just got started with the Festival of Holidays last year. People were not used to a food festival at DLR during the holiday season, so I think it needs another year or two to develop and gain popularity. I certainly hope they do not get rid of Festival of Holidays if they bring back Paint the Night. I think they are on to something good with Festival of Holidays, in terms of celebrating an array of holiday foods, music and cultural traditions, and I would hate to see something special like that wiped out in favor of a parade that has already been in Disneyland.

Another interesting thing about today's MiceChat rumor article is that it looks like we could lose A Bug's Land when a full Marvel Land is officially announced and it gets underway with construction. While I can see the need to free up space, I don't like the idea of losing A Bug's Land. For one thing, even though people take it for granted, the dedication to the theme in that land is amazing. Even the bathroom is clever and witty. Also, the giant Christmas lights and ornaments during the holidays are such a fixture -- I can't imagine them not being there! So, if you are heading to Disneyland Resort this holiday season, make sure you get some holiday photos in A Bug's Land -- just in case it disappears in the near future!!

Here is the full article -- http://micechat.com/166257-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-bye-bye-buggies/

:santa::santa:

Hello! Super excited! This Christmas will be mine and my daughter's 2nd Annual Christmas in Disneyland! We spent 5 days last year through Christmas and had a magical Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! This Fall she is starting school at SDSU and I go pick her up on December 22 and we will spend another week in Disneyland! Hoping to keep this tradition as long as possible!

Put us on the list!!! November 25-December 1. I went to DL over 20 years ago and DH over 30 years ago. Our kids have not been at all. Our family is WDW veterans and this will be our first trip to DLR. We are bringing my mom who has never been to California!!! The change in how you plan compared to WDW is so different but we are so excited.

Hello! Super excited! This Christmas will be mine and my daughter's 2nd Annual Christmas in Disneyland! We spent 5 days last year through Christmas and had a magical Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! This Fall she is starting school at SDSU and I go pick her up on December 22 and we will spend another week in Disneyland! Hoping to keep this tradition as long as possible!
How wonderful!Welcome to the thread and the Disboards!:welcome:

Put us on the list!!! November 25-December 1. I went to DL over 20 years ago and DH over 30 years ago. Our kids have not been at all. Our family is WDW veterans and this will be our first trip to DLR. We are bringing my mom who has never been to California!!! The change in how you plan compared to WDW is so different but we are so excited.
Welcome! You are going to love California Adventure and parkhopping is so easy at DL. Are you staying on site?

Add me to the list- Nov 27- Dec 2 staying at GC. I'm so excited I'm listening to Christmas music already :yay: We're coming with our 3 kids (ages 9,8 and 3) all the way from a small town in New Zealand. Can't wait to show my kids a Disney Christmas in all it's over-the-top glory :santa:

I'll be there Nov. 26 - Dec. 2! Staying at the Hyatt House with my husband and my son (it will be his first trip there!) he will be just over 2! Coming from Canada!

And it will be my husband and I's first time visiting for the Christmas season so we are soooo excited!!! Albeit nervous for the crowds with a small child haha! Regardless, I know it's going to be a magical time! :)

I've been to DL probably 25-30 times but never during Christmas season! But now you can count us in!

November 14-17. Staying at the Candy Cane Inn again. So excited!!!

Count us in....

Nov 9-12, Nov 22-26, Dec 1-3, and trying to work in a trip after Christmas, before we head to WDW on the 29th.

Our family of six will be coming all the way from Australia for our first ever DL trip. :yay:
We will be there from Nov 26-Dec 4, we are so excited but also feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the planning.
I've waited for so long to visit DL, when my 1st child was born I held him and promised one day I will take him to DL as it's always been my dream. Well 16 years and 4 kids later we are finally coming and we can't wait :dumbo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter