Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cm is starting to take reservations August. 26, 2013...open sept

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DISBoards

So can anyone verify whether or not the online reservations will be available at 6am on the 26th? Or is the best bet to go straight for the phones? Also, would I have to cancel one of my current ADRs first before I can reserve CG (assuming I can get a reservation)? I'm afraid to cancel anything and then not be able to get California Grill. Would I be allowed to double-book a night with two reservations and then cancel the first reservation after I get CG?

So can anyone verify whether or not the online reservations will be available at 6am on the 26th? Or is the best bet to go straight for the phones? Also, would I have to cancel one of my current ADRs first before I can reserve CG (assuming I can get a reservation)? I'm afraid to cancel anything and then not be able to get California Grill. Would I be allowed to double-book a night with two reservations and then cancel the first reservation after I get CG?

When you go to book CG it will prompt you to cancel it or keep it and not book CG.

Just a suggestion from the recent FD frackus. This time around all FD offers went live at midnight, well , 12:01am. I would watch at this time to check. Its my belief WDW online ADR is switching to a midnight availability.

I'm going to try for a CG reservation for 2 in early February middle of the week. Do you think I should get up for the online opening or could I wait a few hours. It would be 5am for me.

Thanks for the guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is chicken the only meat you eat? My wife doesn't eat beef or pork (doesn't like the taste and finds them, generally, too fatty) but does eat chicken and things like lamb, venison, etc. that she finds much leaner

Just curious b/c they might have other options besides chicken that might interest you

Nope, just chicken and turkey (not even seafood). It's more a mind thing at this point. I know the high end restaurants like to offer such aforementioned meats. Like I said, it's more that I am going for experience and my family can eat some great food. I can always order a dish minus the meat and be just fine. Thank you though for that thought because you are right on the leaner meat options.

Just a suggestion from the recent FD frackus. This time around all FD offers went live at midnight, well , 12:01am. I would watch at this time to check. Its my belief WDW online ADR is switching to a midnight availability.

If you look at the announcement on Disney Parks Blog, someone asked what time dining reservations would open and there is a reply by the author, which states ADRs will open at 7 a.m. (I assume eastern) on the 26th. Here is the link.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-disneys-contemporary-resort-open-august-26/

Online reservations for ADRs will open at 6 am on Monday, August 26. Nobody here can say for certainty whether or not CG will be available to book online and if it is, how effective the website will be.

All that can be suggested is to try at 6 am EST, and if that doesn't work, be ready to call at 7 am EST

I'm going to try for a CG reservation for 2 in early February middle of the week. Do you think I should get up for the online opening or could I wait a few hours. It would be 5am for me.

Thanks for the guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Totally impossible to know. If you want the reservation and it's really important, all that can be suggested is to do everything you can to secure it by trying as early as possible.

I can say that for the most part, you should be okay, but nobody knows how others will book.

I think the only thing we know for sure is that ADR's will be available at 7 a.m. online or by phone as stated in the article. I haven't seen anywhere else where it states we would be able to make an earlier reservation online. I know it typically opens at 6 a.m. online, but no one knows for sure how it will work so I am going to be prepared to check online at midnight, 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. if necessary.

FYI - I know this example is a different system than the dining reservation system, but a few months ago when Villas at Grand Floridian opened for online reservations, everyone thought we would be able to book online an hour earlier than the time DVC stated that phone reservations were accepted but sure enough, we couldn't make reservations online until the same time as the phone system opened.

So if I am wanting a dinner reservation during wishes with wishes being at 10pm the night I want (9/14) should I try for a 9pm reservation? If I got like 8pm would that be too early?

So if I am wanting a dinner reservation during wishes with wishes being at 10pm the night I want (9/14) should I try for a 9pm reservation? If I got like 8pm would that be too early?

It depends on what you are ordering if you want apps entrees desserts then 8 is perfect if you want just entrees then maybe 9 would be better :)

I sincerely hate to whine, but it is so hard living on the west coast! After a 8/25 flight home from the east coast, arriving at 9:30 PM PST (12:30 AM EST), I have to get up at 3:00 AM on 8/26 to ensure a Saturday night reservation in November. I am tempted to just wait until I naturally get up, but I will be so disappointed if I wait!!

Same here. On West coast. Getting up at 3 am is tough especially as it can mean staying on hold forever at that hour. But no one is forcing us. My husband can't believe my insanity.

Joining in. Was gonna just skip CG this trip, but just can't miss it. Called GF's IPO today & gave them my request. I am working Mon @ 7 AM, won't be home til after 8, so I hope they come thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter