OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

Well, you've got a few weeks until Aladdin comes out so I don't see that as being a real detriment to Endgame.

True.

But who knows... if there weren't Avatar we may have gotten the Beastly Kingdom instead. :D

It's interesting. In one way, I'd say I doubt it, since Universal basically took over that idea for IOA....BUT then they replace nearly all of it now with Harry Potter.
Same. I’ve wanted Thor to join the Guardians since IW. I didn’t say I didn’t want him there. I’m just saying I’m not keen on the idea of a love triangle and I don’t want his role of being there just to cause trouble between Star Lord and Gamora. It’s all speculation at this point. 2014!Gamora might not be interested in either of them.

I understood what you meant :)

ALSO, I almost overlooked this the first time, but during the beginning of the movie, the lady from Wakanda (sorry, I can't recall her name right now) said they were detecting earthquakes under the ocean. People are taking that to hint at an upcoming Namor reveal (he's like Marvel's version of Aquaman apparently....I'm not a comic book expert)

ALSO, I almost overlooked this the first time, but during the beginning of the movie, the lady from Wakanda (sorry, I can't recall her name right now) said they were detecting earthquakes under the ocean. People are taking that to hint at an upcoming Namor reveal (he's like Marvel's version of Aquaman apparently....I'm not a comic book expert)
I have to see it again, but later in that scene she basically tells Widow don't sweat it, as its in the ocean and Namor and such.... so I believe she called him out

I have heard Pikachu could do well internationally so that's where it could hurt it.

Yes, the International box-office is what got Avatar where it was. Yes, Endgame is ahead right now, but will it have the legs? I'm not too sure it will.

For the record, I love Avatar and think it well deserved its place at the top - not that I necessarily care if anything ever surpasses. Endgame is as good a candidate as any, but if The Force Awakens couldn't do it, and Infinity War couldn't do it,well, I'm not sure it's going to make it there.

Honestly, I disagree. Wanda is the one who gave Thanos the strongest beat-down of anybody. Captain Marvel gave him a bit of a fight until...POW. She got laid-out, which I am surprised they showed. I think in a fight between Wanda and Carol, we might see that the Scarlet Witch is still the strongest.

Yes, Carol is powerful, but she plays in that cosmic sandbox. If they incorporate a lot of the Fantastic Four mythology now that they have the rights back, she compares well to Silver Surfer and other characters of that ilk. She's probably pretty far below them on the scale actually.
While I'd like to agree with you Feige said she (Capt Marvel) is the strongest.

I just did some checking and the local theaters are already about 60% sold out for next weekend. Endgame is going to put up a huge number the 2nd week as well. Pikachu and Alladin won't hurt Endgame.

$2.8B is a huge number to get to though so we'll see. Endgame will run the table until John Wick 3 comes out.

I think this weekend will be a big test as to what kind of legs Endgame has and whether it can match Avatar. Repeated viewings - yup definitely has that for it (I'll probably see it for a third time when we get back from WDW and I won't rule out a 4th depending how long it is in theatres). I think it does come down to international. For me, Aladdin and Pikatchu aren't even close to Endgame but I can see how Pikatchu might put a damper on the international side. Aladdin I've only just now seen enough from the trailers to be willing to watch it but I'm not sure it will be a theatre movie for me (though much of that has to do with the Robin Williams aspect).

My (probably unpopular) take after seeing the move....while it was very good, I thought IW was the superior movie. It seemed like certain scenes were "over-edited", if you will, probably because otherwise it would have been over 4 hours. This one, for sure, had the greater emotional punch. Overall though, maybe there was just too much to do in this move with regards to resolving the original group's story lines and setting up the new ones.

True.

But who knows... if there weren't Avatar we may have gotten the Beastly Kingdom instead. :D

And if we got B Kingdom instead, maybe we wouldn't have gotten Star Wars Land. :love1:

So GotG is going in at EPCOT, is there any other Avengers/Marvel IP WDW can use?

And if we got B Kingdom instead, maybe we wouldn't have gotten Star Wars Land. :love1:

I'll be the first to take your post seriously...

"But, SWGE is going in at HS. That has nothing to do with Avatar vs Beastly Kingdom at AK!".

:rolleyes:

So GotG is going in at EPCOT, is there any other Avengers/Marvel IP WDW can use?

The only one I've heard is possibly Doctor Strange

I'll be the first to take your post seriously...

"But, SWGE is going in at HS. That has nothing to do with Avatar vs Beastly Kingdom at AK!".

:rolleyes:

Was talking investment dollars. I would take Pandor and SWGE over B Kingdom.

But that's assuming B Kingdom was bigger and more attractions than Pandora. If similar, I would stay with Pandora.

Ah never thought of that, he has become more popular in our group over the years.

Trying to think of an attraction. Prob something with Fire Portals.

I’m not certain if it makes complete sense, but I kinda like the idea that Cap only went back in time, had a normal life, aged naturally, and walked to that bench at the appropriate time.

Yeah I really think it's as simple as that. He kept his head down and identity secret and he was her husband we never know who it was all along. He knew times and places the other Cap would show up and made sure he wasn't there. Age and appearance would have been different enough that people who knew Cap was gone, wouldn't think anything of it. (This explains why he didn't want to talk about his wife) He didn't change the timeline at all, he fulfilled it.

The movie made over $1 billion in 5 days, can't they afford to buy the theme park rights back? :P

Previously, I didn't really want Universal to give up the rights as I didn't think Disney was going to invest big on their own attractions. I'm still not 100% convinced since the Marvel attractions Disney are creating are just overlays of existing attractions so far, except for Epcot's.

Then someone on twitter said they'd like to see some themed lands around things like Wakanda, Asgard, Xandar, etc. and my mind exploded. Yes, that would cost an enormous amount of time and money but OMG it would be so EPIC!!

My (probably unpopular) take after seeing the move....while it was very good, I thought IW was the superior movie. It seemed like certain scenes were "over-edited", if you will, probably because otherwise it would have been over 4 hours. This one, for sure, had the greater emotional punch. Overall though, maybe there was just too much to do in this move with regards to resolving the original group's story lines and setting up the new ones.
If I had any complaints about it this is mine. At least I assume that's why parts seem, disjointed. Edits. If it's not, if it's how they intended, fine. I don't have that impression though. VERY curious to see deleted stuff off the DVD, if any.

They have used him but there was some question due to his small reference at Universal on a sign somewhere.

Previously, I didn't really want Universal to give up the rights as I didn't think Disney was going to invest big on their own attractions. I'm still not 100% convinced since the Marvel attractions Disney are creating are just overlays of existing attractions so far, except for Epcot's.

Then someone on twitter said they'd like to see some themed lands around things like Wakanda, Asgard, Xandar, etc. and my mind exploded. Yes, that would cost an enormous amount of time and money but OMG it would be so EPIC!!
All I know is if the overlays are as spectacular as the Guardians one done at ToT at DCA then so be it. I'll take that type of effort any time, any day. It's hard to see ToT in what is there now, they did so well.

This is obscure, but :rotfl2:

"do you think Thanos is bald so Remy from Ratatouille can't control him?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter