OFFICIAL Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (will contain spoilers once the movie is out)

I didnt hear it (left after the mid credits) but I guess it was the sound of hammering, taken from Iron Man 1 from the cave.
That was a theory that my son found online last night. It makes sense, as it brought his story a close.

I thought it felt forced and I cringed a bit but I'm probably in the minority. I liked the one from infinity war better.
I thought that it was forced. I had no problem with female superheroes/heroines/??? but when they all united for that moment, I found it to be silly. It was almost like they were saying "DC, you may have Wonder Woman, but look at all of our super women!"

I keep waiting on Black Widow's story. I guess we have gotten all we are getting though

And yeah, your take is exactly what I see it as. Even though I didn't express it as well.
But that their giving up themselves was their sacrifice of what was loved the most, in a 2nd hand way, so to speak. Not that they loved themselves the most but they gave up being with those they loved the most. Oh, it's too complex to explain well.....

From what I understand, we're still getting a Black Widow movie (not officially announced but in later stages of casting/writing), just a prequel. I'm hoping we find out at D23 this year

If anything, it could be Tony's daughter if we time jump a bit into the future. I imagine her as another Shuri.

That was a theory that my son found online last night. It makes sense, as it brought his story a close.

Reports are that Disney has confirmed that the sound at the end is Tony Stark building his first makeshift Iron Man suit in the original movie.

I could see them setting it up for Morgan Stark (Tony's daughter- not comic book Morgan Stark that is a completely different male character) in future years. She was already putting on the mask. She is bound to be brilliant too.

Interesting they brought Harley back too- since Ty Simpkins is developing as an actor and did Jurassic World- they could do something with him too.

I thought it felt forced and I cringed a bit but I'm probably in the minority. I liked the one from infinity war better.

Completely agree thought during infinity war it was natural and this was a little too heavy handed....Little unrealistic with everything going on that they would all pop up in that one place....still was cool though.

He loved her like a sister. They were best friends and had been through a lot together. Unfortunately none of the movies really got into that, but it's known from the comics.

The part I didn't get was how Hawkeye who is a normal mortal could hold the stone without being consumed by it? They kind of dropped the ball there. he should have had a special container for it or it should have been explained that when you obtain the soul stone through this manor it enables you to wield it.

I think it's because, and I may be grafting some comics knowledge on it, but the Soul Stone works in a spiritual manner and doesn't manifest a raw power that would harm the user's physical body. I might say that one needs to have a strong soul to wield it successfully, whereas the Power Stone and some others exude the pure, raw force that would tear apart most physical bodies.

One thing that got me a little was when they needed their time machine to put the stones back. I mean, the Infinity Gauntlet is a time machine (technically the Time Stone alone could do it). Of course one has to know how to will that to happen and withstand the energy expended, but still.

Another side note, just for those curious. In the comics, they once tried to will the Infinity Gems out of existence and it failed as the gems can never truly be destroyed. They are manifestations of the fundamental forces of the universe. They can be broken or willed away, but they will eventually turn up again, though when, where, and in what form is completely variable.

One thing that got me a little was when they needed their time machine to put the stones back. I mean, the Infinity Gauntlet is a time machine (technically the Time Stone alone could do it). Of course one has to know how to will that to happen and withstand the energy expended, but still.

It was because of what the Ancient One said. If they didn't put them back in that manor it would create alternate timelines and reality's. Using the stones to put them back would screw things up.

It was because of what the Ancient One said. If they didn't put them back in that manor it would create alternate timelines and reality's. Using the stones to put them back would screw things up.

Well, not technically, if the wielder did it right. The idea of having all six stones is that it offers unlimited, true, omnipotence, at least in the comics. Still, nothing in the movies leads me to believe that Dr. Strange with the Time Stone couldn't have put them back that way. Actually, maybe putting the Time Stone back itself would be difficult because you couldn't get back without it, but the others could easily be returned using only the Time Stone as the time-travel device.

Well, not technically, if the wielder did it right. The idea of having all six stones is that it offers unlimited, true, omnipotence, at least in the comics. Still, nothing in the movies leads me to believe that Dr. Strange with the Time Stone couldn't have put them back that way. Actually, maybe putting the Time Stone back itself would be difficult because you couldn't get back without it, but the others could easily be returned using only the Time Stone as the time-travel device.

Maybe. It wasn't fully explained. They probably didn't feel like it needed to be.

The way they did it made it easy to end Captain America's story the way they did.

Ill take the long hair if he deals with the beard

I’m kinda digging the beard plait! Haha

With Thor’s ending in Endgame I really hope that means they’re setting him up to be in GOTG vol. 3 now. Maybe not the whole film but for some of it at least because I don’t want him to completely overshadow the OG team.

The Guardians films are my favourite MCU films and his interactions with them IW were some of my fave scenes in that movie. I love his relationship with rabbit and the tree and his rivalry with Quill. If they don’t have Guardians on the poster crossed out and spray painted over with Asgardians what’s the point?

Maybe. It wasn't fully explained. They probably didn't feel like it needed to be.

The way they did it made it easy to end Captain America's story the way they did.

Well, that's what I love about comics - the possibilities are endless! They did the story where Cap went to another dimension, and came back elderly because time moved faster there - this was when Falcon was Captain America. Then, a little Cosmic Cube action (in comics that's what is kinda like the Tesseract but it is not an Infinity Stone) and he was back to his prime age (and evil - but then they fixed that too). It's always open for anything to happen!

With Thor’s ending in Endgame I really hope that means they’re setting him up to be in GOTG vol. 3 now. Maybe not the whole film but for some of it at least because I don’t want him to completely overshadow the OG team.

The Guardians films are my favourite MCU films and his interactions with them IW were some of my fave scenes in that movie. I love his relationship with rabbit and the tree and his rivalry with Quill. If they don’t have Guardians on the poster crossed out and spray painted over with Asgardians what’s the point?

There is a recent comic series called "Asgardinas of the Galaxy" so there is precedent.

Haha yeah I’m not that big of a beard person to like it lol.

It definitely seems like they are leading towards having Thor in GOTG3 and I’m all over it. Chris Hemsworth really hit his stride as Thor in Ragnarock IMO so I’d love to see more of that. Plus his chemistry with Rocket and Quill is fantastic.

Haha yeah I’m not that big of a beard person to like it lol.

It definitely seems like they are leading towards having Thor in GOTG3 and I’m all over it. Chris Hemsworth really hit his stride as Thor in Ragnarock IMO so I’d love to see more of that. Plus his chemistry with Rocket and Quill is fantastic.

Quill will love seeing that Thor let himself go like that!

To be fair, they waited 5 years before it was even brought up as a legitimate option.
Granted they had to wait 5 years since that's how long it took for AntMan/Scott to reappear and give them the idea to and way of how to time travel.
But that also explains why it was suddenly brought up. Scott was quickly trying to figure out a way to fix it, since to him, it was an instant later. So he naturally wouldn't have jumped right in with his idea, and since they others had been trying for years they were ready to pounce on his idea.
So all that works well to me

Reports are that Disney has confirmed that the sound at the end is Tony Stark building his first makeshift Iron Man suit in the original movie.

I could see them setting it up for Morgan Stark (Tony's daughter- not comic book Morgan Stark that is a completely different male character) in future years. She was already putting on the mask. She is bound to be brilliant too.

Interesting they brought Harley back too- since Ty Simpkins is developing as an actor and did Jurassic World- they could do something with him too.

we thought the exact same regarding Morgan (female)

DH wondered something else.
How was it that only Thanos and his ilk vanished when Tony snapped his fingers?
I told him that as I understood it, the glove sort of (for a really short version of an explanation) does the wearer's bidding.
Thanos wanted to wipe half the world, so he did
Hulk wanted to return the missing, so he did
Tony wanted to wipe Thanos and all, so he did
Ill take the long hair if he deals with the beard
Oh yeah, that too. I'm a clean shaven fan myself. No facial hair thank you

From what I understand, we're still getting a Black Widow movie (not officially announced but in later stages of casting/writing), just a prequel. I'm hoping we find out at D23 this year
Prequel is what I would call an origin story so yeah, that's what I meant. I'd like to see that, an origin story for everyone
I question how popular it would be now though. Who am I kidding, they'll all be popular, even if not great movies

Granted they had to wait 5 years since that's how long it took for AntMan/Scott to reappear and give them the idea to and way of how to time travel.
But that also explains why it was suddenly brought up. Scott was quickly trying to figure out a way to fix it, since to him, it was an instant later. So he naturally wouldn't have jumped right in with his idea, and since they others had been trying for years they were ready to pounce on his idea.
So all that works well to me

Yeah, and that's the thing about time travel. Once you have it, the "when" stops mattering. They made it seem like they needed to be very careful about the timeline and all, but they actually completely messed with history by taking objects like Mjolnir from the past and of course some of the people who permanently jumped forward. I mean, best not to think about it, but there are a lot of open doors there - maybe good fodder for future movies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter