***Official August 2023 Thread***

Aug 11-19 for us! Last trip was August 2021, so this is our first genie+ trip. Looks like crowds are increasing this week. I'm hoping it slows down a little bit before we arrive.

Aug 15 & 18 MNSSHP parties -- no elaborate costumes, just Cars Tshirts.

Middle to end of July allways picks up as UK holidays. Teneds to slow do early to mid August when US holidays finish

17 days! Think we're all set. Still trying to move my Skipper Canteen reservation back about an hour on the 16th. We'll likely get to the GF right at 4-4:15, drop the bags and head to MK. The dinner is at 6:55; I'd like it around 6, but it's OK if I can't.

MNSSHP on the 18th, Keys on the 22nd, Moonlight Magic on the 23rd at TL.

13 days here! I'm still trying to get my California Grill reservation moved earlier on Aug 19th (currently it's for 9:15 pm), but otherwise, I just went through and made a list of the MNSSHP treats we want, and the Princess treats we want, and the Food & Wine festival foods that look good... can't wait!

I also got our MNSSHP costumes set! I got a Rapunzel costume from ShopDisney on sale last year, so we're going to be Rapunzel and Flynn for one party (DH's costume is more a "bound", but we got him the vest and I figure paired with my actual dress it should be recognizable). Then for the other party we have t-shirts that are Sleeping Beauty and Prince Philip (yay low effort costumes), but I upped mine a notch by getting a pink/blue tulle skirt!
e5065aadddde56e755795af604609a86.jpg

The pink/blue isn't quite right, but still I'm excited!

I’m very late to this thread with a last minute booking for August 19 - 23. First time using my new to me resale DVC points, so as close to a Welcome Home trip as I’ll ever get, LOL!

The most exciting part is that my mom will be joining us! She’s the OG Disney fan in the family, and I’m thrilled to bring her back and treat her after all of the years she treated me. :hug:

Right now we are split staying, but I’ve been fiddling and hope to have us down to 1 resort. Major block is 3 nights at GFV on 19-22. Bummed it’s under construction, but priority is to be on the monorail loop this trip to make it easier on Mom.

We’ll be at MNSSHP on Aug 22!! Can’t wait! Other reservations we’ll play by ear :earsgirl:

We’re making the same journey from AKL to GFV on the 19th :wave:

Hi neighbor! We’ll be there too! Looking forward to their pool (and bar) and the great views! :boat:
Wow, we also are at MNSSHP on the 22nd, and while this trip is rental points we will be doing our resale 'welcome home' stay at AKL in March 24. You tell me you're from Canada as well and I'll totally be amazed...

We are just 24 days from our weekend trip to celebrate my birthday!!! I moved us from GDT to POFQ and saved almost $100, which will definitely go towards F&W. I haven't stayed at POFQ before so I'm super excited. I'd love to be able to stay at every resort, so this change saves me a bit of money and crosses another resort off my list. Super excited for some beignets and some live music at Scat Cat's Club!

I'll be in MK on August 9 - was looking up times for various entertainment and there is only a 3pm Parade listed that day? That week appears to be unique in that each day the Festival of Fantasy is only happening once. Does this sound right or maybe a Disney Tech glitch?

Wow, we also are at MNSSHP on the 22nd, and while this trip is rental points we will be doing our resale 'welcome home' stay at AKL in March 24. You tell me you're from Canada as well and I'll totally be amazed...
Congrats on your new purchase! On our last stay we rented points, which was a great deal, and spurred me to find a resale contract at BCV. We'll also be there during spring break in March for our resort "welcome home' trip. Our kids are young, so have to plan all the trips around their school breaks. I'm not from Canada though, but totally wild we have a similar trip!

I'll be in MK on August 9 - was looking up times for various entertainment and there is only a 3pm Parade listed that day? That week appears to be unique in that each day the Festival of Fantasy is only happening once. Does this sound right or maybe a Disney Tech glitch?
Hmmm, I wonder too? Could very well be a glitch, or that performers are using that time to train for the Boo to You parade, which debuts that Friday, August 11th? Or even maxed out on hours if they are doing practice runs while the park is closed?

Hmmm, I wonder too? Could very well be a glitch, or that performers are using that time to train for the Boo to You parade, which debuts that Friday, August 11th? Or even maxed out on hours if they are doing practice runs while the park is closed?
That is a thought - I did wonder if it was somehow related to the Halloween Parties starting the 11th. Hm, I guess I will just have to ask someone on the day. Was thinking of hopping out mid-day for a break from the worst of the heat, but I can't miss the parade!!

That is a thought - I did wonder if it was somehow related to the Halloween Parties starting the 11th. Hm, I guess I will just have to ask someone on the day. Was thinking of hopping out mid-day for a break from the worst of the heat, but I can't miss the parade!!
Right? It's not to miss. Maybe break early, come back to catch it going down and around Main Street, then an early dinner plan/reservation somewhere close to escape the heat?

35 days to go for us. This week I have been:
-stalking crowd news (because it has been slow and I have irrationally convinced myself everyone is arriving on the 12th with us)

-stalking 2 of my ADR's to see if I can move them a little even though it's really not critical (not being able to move them is what has me really irrationally convinced everyone is arriving on the 12th with us)

-perusing the F&W news and menus and considering adding a 6th day of park tickets so we can add an afternoon/evening at EPCOT to our plans (we have one full EPCOT day and historically that has been enough but here we are)

-turning my dining room table into a staging area for odds and ends I've purchased or gathered from around the house. So that I can have a panic attack about how much luggage we'll need to bring even though I am a notorious under-packer who hates packing even one extra band-aid because we live in a world where Target can have an item at my resort within hours.

-convincing my parents that no, we do not need a 2 BR that sleeps 9 because we are 4 and even though there are great flight deals right now we really don't need someone to come on our 8 night trip to take the kids to dinner ONE night
I'm arriving on the 12th with you!! But don't worry, we are just 2 people adding to the crowds. :)

Very excited! We leave in 9 days (staying overnight by the airport, then flying to WDW the next morning, Lord willing, assuming no cancellations or delays). Arriving the same day as @EdnaMarieMode and @Goldilocks07, it would appear! :)

Luggage is sitting out and laundry is done (so I'll start packing my bag today)! Breakfast non-perishables are purchased. Prescription meds have been refilled. Pet sitter is hired. Old (but still usable) MagicBands 2.0 have been freshly updated with new "skins" from MagicYourBand. Disney rewards dollars have been transferred to redemption card. Packing lists for the rest of the family are finalized. (We travel carryon-only, which keeps it very manageable and simple.) Park itineraries have been updated to reflect new park hours. ADRs and park reservations were made long ago, hotel balance is paid off, "Behind the Seeds" tour is booked, escape room (on our departure day, which is a non-park day) is booked, airport hotel and parking package are booked, and I'm checking the Orlando weather forecasts daily to try and anticipate any need to change our travel plans or itinerary.

Now I just have to keep myself meaningfully occupied with my actual job and home duties until it's time to leave, and try to keep everyone in the family healthy! :)

Last edited:
Very excited! We leave in 9 days (staying overnight by the airport, then flying to WDW the next morning, Lord willing, assuming no cancellations or delays). Arriving the same day as @EdnaMarieMode and @Goldilocks07, it would appear! :)

Luggage is sitting out and laundry is done (so I'll start packing my bag today)! Breakfast non-perishables are purchased. Prescription meds have been refilled. Pet sitter is hired. Old (but still usable) MagicBands 2.0 have been freshly updated with new "skins" from MagicYourBand. Disney rewards dollars have been transferred to redemption card. Packing lists for the rest of the family are finalized. Park itineraries have been updated to reflect new park hours. ADRs and park reservations were made long ago, hotel balance is paid off, "Behind the Seeds" tour is booked, escape room (on our departure day, which is a non-park day) is booked, airport hotel and parking package are booked, and I'm checking the Orlando weather forecasts daily to try and anticipate any need to change our travel plans or itinerary.

Now I just have to keep myself meaningfully occupied with my actual job and home duties until it's time to leave, and try to keep everyone in the family healthy! :)
You sound super prepared! I am impressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter