***Official August 2023 Thread***

We are going to be at Disney World August 4th to the 12th. It's a last minute trip before my daughter starts high school! We are staying at Pop Century and will be going to the first Halloween party!

So I just purchased my new pre-arrival magicband+ for my trip!!!! I went with the Pooh bear! It just really feels like it's super official now lol. I'm going to be disney-bounding as Eeyore so had to go with the Hunny man!
We ordered ours yesterday! A magicband+ for me and my wife and daughter the old style since they have small wrists, and the new ones are huge.

We ordered ours yesterday! A magicband+ for me and my wife and daughter the old style since they have small wrists, and the new ones are huge.
I've read that they have a tendency of falling off too so I'm going to get those bit belt things off of etsy to keep it nice and secure and on my wrist!

YAY for August! Booked a quick trip - staying at POR Aug 20-24 to celebrate our youngest daughter's 21st! Very excited to return to POR - haven't been there in years though we were just at WDW in January. Cannot wait!! :)

Just purchased a 'confirmed DVC reservation' at GFV for 4 nights, starting Aug 30. It's always been a dream of mine to stay there. (Wish the tea room was open!) DH is spending a lot on scuba trips for 2023 and 2024 so I am going solo to WDW while he is off on a trip. Labor Day weekend may be busy so I will spend lots of time at the pool. Planning to use some Marriott free night certificates and points to add a couple of nights at the Swan for easy Epcot F&W access.

Hi Everyone!

We just booked last week. August 21-26 at POP. We are spending 3 days in the parks and one day at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. My daughter and I have been to WDW three times during the pandemic but this will be my husband's first time back to the parks since 2019. He's not too wild about all the changes Disney has made, but I am hoping he still has a great time.

Me, Wife, and 2 kids (6, 3) are going to be at Boardwalk Villas (first deluxe resort stay) from Aug 26th - September 2nd. I'm having my mom fly down for the second half of the trip. She went with my sister and kids 10 years ago and had an awful time (she continually says they couldn't find anywhere to eat and only went on like 2 or 3 rides). I'm hoping to at least show her some of the things she missed (Fantasmic, Halloween party, some shows, shops at EPCOT, etc).

Me, Wife, and 2 kids (6, 3) are going to be at Boardwalk Villas (first deluxe resort stay) from Aug 26th - September 2nd. I'm having my mom fly down for the second half of the trip. She went with my sister and kids 10 years ago and had an awful time (she continually says they couldn't find anywhere to eat and only went on like 2 or 3 rides). I'm hoping to at least show her some of the things she missed (Fantasmic, Halloween party, some shows, shops at EPCOT, etc).
I'd say it sounds like they needed a bit more planning so make sure you have 1 meal each day planned in advance. It happened to me the 1st time I took both grandmas. It was my first time as an adult going to WDW and I had no idea what I was doing. I remember food being stressful.

We've got a long weekend booked for Aug 25-28 staying on property for the first time at Caribbean Beach. My first trip wasn't until our honeymoon as an adult (2021) and we've been back for our 1 year anniversary, a couple days during a Universal trip earlier this year, and now this will be our babymoon! Gonna be some changes dealing with the heat and a very pregnant wife (we're typically open-to-close, go-go-go Disney folks) but we're still super excited.

We're planning on attending the Halloween party on Friday night when we get there and then a day each in Epcot and Magic Kingdom. For a short trip we felt like those two parks offered the most for her and let's us experience some new things since our last visit - first party, never seen Happily Ever After or Epcot Forever, Food & Wine Festival, and I'm hoping to ride Tron while she rides the PeopleMover and finds some AC 😁

Hi Everyone!

We just booked last week. August 21-26 at POP. We are spending 3 days in the parks and one day at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. My daughter and I have been to WDW three times during the pandemic but this will be my husband's first time back to the parks since 2019. He's not too wild about all the changes Disney has made, but I am hoping he still has a great time.

Well... scratch that! With Disney's 2024 announcements - DH has decided to wait to go with us. We are planning to go again next March. DD and I will still go August 21-26 but the sale on 4 day passes gives us an extra park day now! :flower1:

Does anyone know if the Festival of Fantasy parade still happens once it is "Halloween season" in MK?

Booked for August 26-September 2 at the BC! It'll be my boyfriends first visit, and my birthday in the middle of the trip! We are hoping to play a round of golf at the Lake Buena Vista course and go to a MNSSHP on September 1.
Scratch this, we have similar dates (just moved everything up earlier in august), but now somehow ended up at CS CL and then YC! Still planning on golfing and doing MNSSHP too!

Last edited:
Lots of changes to my trip.....we have to postpone the twin's 21st trip as they are both working full time this summer. BUT......I am off all summer so I am going solo! And I added 3 nights and an additional resort so am now BRV Aug 20-25 and OKW Aug 25-29. I am doing allllll the things.....HEA dessert party, Up close with Rhinos tour, Savour the Savannah, Cirque de Soleil show, Sangria University etc. I have 10 day hopper plus tickets so will be sure to enjoy the water parks as well. 82 days to go!

Lots of changes to my trip.....we have to postpone the twin's 21st trip as they are both working full time this summer. BUT......I am off all summer so I am going solo! And I added 3 nights and an additional resort so am now BRV Aug 20-25 and OKW Aug 25-29. I am doing allllll the things.....HEA dessert party, Up close with Rhinos tour, Savour the Savannah, Cirque de Soleil show, Sangria University etc. I have 10 day hopper plus tickets so will be sure to enjoy the water parks as well. 82 days to go!
Curious with a 10 day PH (and your twins birthday trip assumed that it’s in 2023 still) why not upgrade to an AP? You could definitely make your money back with the discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter