***Official August 2022 Thread***

Has anyone been able to book Savi's? There was NO availability the entire week we are there! I got my other ADRs, other than a Beaches and cream afternoon ice cream stop. To go window is the backup if we can't find one.

Well I am now going in August. We were supposed to go June 19-26 but my husband tested positive for covid yesterday so we had to reschedule. We will be staying in Coronado Springs from July 31-August 7. I am disappointed but happy we were able to reschedule.

Well I am now going in August. We were supposed to go June 19-26 but my husband tested positive for covid yesterday so we had to reschedule. We will be staying in Coronado Springs from July 31-August 7. I am disappointed but happy we were able to reschedule.
Sorry about your husband testing positive. At least you rescheduled and now just have a little longer to look forward to your trip!

This morning was my ADR, took longer than I thought. It wasn't reading that I had a cc on file so I had to enter it everytime I made a reservation. Got everything I wanted, when i wanted except Space 220. Here's what I got: :)

Aug 16: Skipper Canteen
17: Sci Fi Dine-In and Oga's
19: Via Napoli
21: Yak & Yeti, Ohana Dinner
22: Space Lounge Lunch

Edit: We are going to each park twice. Any opinions of things that are not to be missed?

Last edited:

Got all my reservations! Because Space 220 lounge doesn't seat 5, we went with Beaches and Cream instead :)

Here is my list:
Aug 16: Mama Melrose dinner
Aug 17: Olivia's lunch
Aug 17: Plaza dinner
Aug 18: Homecoming lunch
Aug 18: Via Napoli dinner
Aug 19: Ohana late breakfast
Aug 20: Olivia's brunch
Aug 20: 50's Prime Time dinner
Aug 21: Boma late breakfast
Aug 22: Olivia's late breakfast
Aug 22: Beaches and Cream dinner

Lots of new to us restaurants here (Olivia's, Plaza, Via Napoli, Ohana breakfast, 50s, Boma)! We are doing parks later in the days, relaxing in the mornings/early afternoons.

We have a split stay, but finally yesterday booked through all of our ADR's. Got everything I wanted, except I would prefer Space 220 on a different day, so I have set up an alert in case something else becomes available.
I have:
Aug 16 - Sanaa dinner
Aug 17 - Sci-Fi lunch
Aug 18 - Cali Grill dinner
Aug 19 - Skipper canteen lunch
Aug 20 - Steakhouse 71 lunch, Oga's night
Aug 21 - Topolino's dinner
Aug 22 - Yak and Yeti lunch, 'Ohana dinner
Aug 23 - Beaches & Cream lunch
Aug 24 - Topolino's breakfast (probably will cancel one of these, but not sure), Space 220 lunch

Question about "enchanting extras" for Savi's and Droid depot - I was able to snag a Savis, but they had nothing after 6:05 on any day, and the droid depot has 0 times for any of the days I am there. Are they not loaded, or truly booked out? Does anyone have a a droid reservation during the time of Aug 15-24?

I also can't find any availability for any of the dessert parties during this time period, although I know it's tougher with MNSSHP going on, but if you have a reservation for that time let me know! Not sure if I need to keep checking, or just give up!

We have a split stay, but finally yesterday booked through all of our ADR's. Got everything I wanted, except I would prefer Space 220 on a different day, so I have set up an alert in case something else becomes available.
I have:
Aug 16 - Sanaa dinner
Aug 17 - Sci-Fi lunch
Aug 18 - Cali Grill dinner
Aug 19 - Skipper canteen lunch
Aug 20 - Steakhouse 71 lunch, Oga's night
Aug 21 - Topolino's dinner
Aug 22 - Yak and Yeti lunch, 'Ohana dinner
Aug 23 - Beaches & Cream lunch
Aug 24 - Topolino's breakfast (probably will cancel one of these, but not sure), Space 220 lunch

Question about "enchanting extras" for Savi's and Droid depot - I was able to snag a Savis, but they had nothing after 6:05 on any day, and the droid depot has 0 times for any of the days I am there. Are they not loaded, or truly booked out? Does anyone have a a droid reservation during the time of Aug 15-24?

I also can't find any availability for any of the dessert parties during this time period, although I know it's tougher with MNSSHP going on, but if you have a reservation for that time let me know! Not sure if I need to keep checking, or just give up!
I am also waiting for the dessert parties. They were not released yet, you can only find them before august 11th.

I’m also struggling for Droid Depot - no availability 18th through to 27th. Hoping that something will open as both my children really want to make them. Couldn’t get the fireworks cruise either. Fingers crossed they open up

Ok well at least I know it's not just me. I will keep trying as well, and let you know if I see things open up!

FYI...If anyone still needs it Savis has morning & afternoon availability for Aug 19th.

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot opened up for late August? Tomorrow is our ADR day, and I wondered if it's even worth staying up until midnight to book DD. TIA!

I still can’t see anything from the 18th onwards for Droid Depot. Contacted Disney on the chat line and was just told to keep checking

Reactions: CJK
We are not buying Genie+ for our upcoming August trip. We are rope drop people and have been going long enough that we don't need multiple rides on things. We enjoy the resort and pool time / Disney Springs / dining as well as the rides. We are doing 8 park days total, so I feel like we will be fine, but then I start to second guess myself. We were really good with FP+, but I just don't feel like Genie+ is for us. Anyone else not getting Genie+? Does it worry you? We will rope drop and have a plan (but a flexible plan).So much has changed since our last, pre-covid visit and I'm a bit nervous.

So I totally forgot that I moved my trip up by one day so we are checking in a day earlier 😭😤. So at noon yesterday I went "OMG NOOOOOO" out loud at work as I realized I had missed my 6am reservation window. Everyone came running thinking something terrible had happened (which for me it was pretty terrible) but I hopped right onto the site to get to work. At first there was a glitch and the website wasn't letting me reserve anything, it would get all the way to the page right before the confirmation page. So I hopped on the phone and restarted my computer. That worked! I got everything we wanted except Space 220 lounge (cue mousekepros) Hopefully with that system we can snag a ressie. I'm just dying to see what its like in there as it opened the day after we checked out in September lol!

So here is my list:

8/20 Check-in day/ Monorail crawl ---- Steakhouse 71 8:20pm
8/21 Relax day/ Skyliner Crawl ---- Sanaa 1:50pm
8/22 Animal Kingdom --- no ressie, hopping to EPCOT for festival booths
8/23 EPCOT --- Hoping to snag Space 220 Lounge
8/24 Disney Springs day --- 'Ohana 9:05pm (hoping for fireworks view)
8/25 Magic Kingdom --- Liberty Tree Tavern 6:20pm
8/26 Hollywood Studios --- Savi's Workshop 12:25pm (Fiancé's Birthday Gift)
--- Oga's Cantina 2:05pm
8/27 Do our last trip to the Springs and then head home 😢

I am sooooo excited! And hoping to snag Space 220 lounge at some point on our park days since we have park hoppers ((though I would prefer to have it on our EPCOT day))!!!

I hope everyone snags their whole list of reservations and gets lucky like I did, I was very impressed with the availability even though I was beyond late to the game !!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter