• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Yeah its just 100 total. We have stayed at BC/YC before and were interested in BWV (the bed thins is find in the studio because DS is only 2 and we need the smaller bed anyway) but I think we would miss the water view too.

Not an August particular post, but my Disney luck had run out after a great two days.
Lost a Disney gift card with a substantial amount of money on there. Ran to a store, bought a gift card, logged into my card account to transfer it and it’s gone, I’m dumbfounded and devastated. 😔 Of course I didn’t bring the receipt for the card, I’ve been saving it for years with our rescheduled trips. Lesson learned, feel like I ruined the rest of the trip for DH and I.

Not an August particular post, but my Disney luck had run out after a great two days.
Lost a Disney gift card with a substantial amount of money on there. Ran to a store, bought a gift card, logged into my card account to transfer it and it’s gone, I’m dumbfounded and devastated. 😔 Of course I didn’t bring the receipt for the card, I’ve been saving it for years with our rescheduled trips. Lesson learned, feel like I ruined the rest of the trip for DH and I.
So sorry to hear this. You could try reporting it to Lost and Found either online or in-person. Have you tried contacting them? This is from the gift card website:

What do I do if I don’t have the card that I have previously saved on the website?

If you are no longer in possession of your physical or digital Disney Gift Card(s) that were previously on your account, please Contact Us and provide details regarding your previous DisneyGiftCard.com account (e.g. email address) and any card details that you are able to recall.

So sorry to hear this. You could try reporting it to Lost and Found either online or in-person. Have you tried contacting them? This is from the gift card website:

What do I do if I don’t have the card that I have previously saved on the website?

If you are no longer in possession of your physical or digital Disney Gift Card(s) that were previously on your account, please Contact Us and provide details regarding your previous DisneyGiftCard.com account (e.g. email address) and any card details that you are able to recall.

Thank you so much! We reported it lost and I contacted them and gave as many card details as I could, it’s a real long shot but it was something. Huge bummer!

I really enjoy our TP subscription but will say, when we're in the parks that are 1's and then later in the week it's 4's or 5's, there isn't as much difference in the feel of crowds as I had thought there would be. Have others experienced this or have you found it makes a big difference?

I really enjoy our TP subscription but will say, when we're in the parks that are 1's and then later in the week it's 4's or 5's, there isn't as much difference in the feel of crowds as I had thought there would be. Have others experienced this or have you found it makes a big difference?
They rate crowd level by waits, not by the amount of people. They have whole graphics on it if you’re ever bored. 😂

They rate crowd level by waits, not by the amount of people. They have whole graphics on it if you’re ever bored. 😂
Ah! That helps me understand why crowd levels don't feel as different as I thought they would. Thanks for letting me know. I will say their stats stuff can get pretty complicated for me and I tend to stop reading.

We switched a DHS day with an AK day because of Touring Plans - it's actually next weekend (went from a 7/6 to a 4/5, I think), so I hope it pans out!

Last day, we have lunch at Sanaa and going to head to Epcot to hit Soarin and do some shopping. If the weather holds we will do some
swimming before our ride picks us up at 6:15.

We had a good trip. Got on everything we wanted. We did skip SD and 7DMT, but we had planned that before we came, we were not willing to wait in lines for th.

It was still a fun trip and we enjoyed ourselves. Lines were not awful, but still missed FP. Lines at HS and MK build quickly. AK and Epcot were much more manageable. We did FOP close to close and it was about 45mins.

Loved POP and the skyliner. I'm glad we came. Masks didn't bother us. Not sure if we will get there next August. Will have to see how FPs work going forward.

I wonder why they jacked up the levels at HS? Can't change no due to ADR's.
HS went down or stayed the same pretty much every day next week for us so it's not an increase across the board. I wonder if you are looking later in the month if they are thinking Delta numbers might go down by then and result in more people returning to the parks.

I will say, I am ASTONISHED right now looking at how low the wait times are. In Magic Kingdom, the Lines app is saying 7DMT is 41 minutes and EVERYTHING else is 30 mins or lower. POTC is a walk on! Such a difference compared to what we were seeing in July--I was dreading long waits for everything like we had on our spring break trip. If these wait times hold, it'll be a dream come true. I was so happy this morning I was literally dancing and singing while I made breakfast!

Waiting until mid-late August is a huge bonus! Our schools don't go back until Sep 9th and I've consistently found waiting until mid-late August to go to Disney makes a big difference as so many schools in the US are back in session by then. Add to the the concerns this year and the number of people cancelling (us included), this August should be a great time to visit in view of lower crowds!

Waiting until mid-late August is a huge bonus! Our schools don't go back until Sep 9th and I've consistently found waiting until mid-late August to go to Disney makes a big difference as so many schools in the US are back in session by then. Add to the the concerns this year and the number of people cancelling (us included), this August should be a great time to visit in view of lower crowds!
We've got 3 birthdays and our wedding anniversary coming up this week, which is what is driving the timing of the trip. I can't help but feel simultaneously excited about this trend, and terrified it'll all go back to crowds galore and we'll have gotten our hopes up for nothing. You make a good point about schools and it is giving me hope though. We are lucky to be in a school district that goes back late-August.

**Editing to add, I had justified to my DH the cost of adding tickets for our arrival and departure day because I assumed one day in each park wouldn't be enough with all the long waits. Oh man he is going to be rolling his eyes at me if these low wait times hold. Oh well, I guess I'll just be "forced" to have 2 more days in the magic now... pixiedust:

Just got back yesterday...was at the Poly from the 3rd through the 9th and transferred to Universal with tickets from the 10th through the 12th.
I really enjoyed myself! Lines were posted as long everywhere but they moved constantly so I didn't really mind too much. Some of the queues have a lot of fun detail that I missed out on beforehand, like the Figement queue which has always just been a walk-up to. Was really happy to see how they handle allergies and very much enjoyed mobile order-my mom was stressed about having to order for two hours in advance but I always found times for right away for everything except Woody's Lunchbox. Got on ROTR twice and it's definitely my favorite ride. :)
I am feeling a bit under the weather right now but could be because of any other sickness (always bring something back from the parks), cross contamination from Universal, or just general exhaustion. We'll see-nearly zero masks at Universal but compliance was good at Disney. I'm fully Vaxxed and whatever this is is rather mild so far.
The only real downside for me was the shopping. It felt like a lot of stores were closed and I wasn't very impressed with the souvenier offerings. That could be because of the 50th anniversary stuff arriving now but it did feel a bit more repetitive than last time. I miss the Tsums!

Well poo, I knew my good luck would last. Looks like tropical storm fred is going to be crashing our vacation next week. Wish us luck!

Me too!! I am so excited. I had some park passes that I wasn’t loving because I was trying to minimize crowds so just switched to a much more convenient park pass schedule now that everything is 1s and 2s. Hope they are right!!!!!!

I've always wondered how many people switch parks when they see low crowd predictions, and how much that changes the level from the original prediction... I was thinking about switching a few parks around but also running into the ADR issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter