• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official August 2021 thread ***

.American less so but still cancelling.
I read somewhere that a large chunk of American's cancellations earlier this week was a storm issue at DFW. Gave me a little hope that it's resolved since the route I'm scheduled on for Saturday was among those cancellations. Can't speak for Spirit, but I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

I read somewhere that a large chunk of American's cancellations earlier this week was a storm issue at DFW. Gave me a little hope that it's resolved since the route I'm scheduled on for Saturday was among those cancellations. Can't speak for Spirit, but I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Yeah as long as United doesn't have issues I am ok...

...and all but 1 flight from Newark to Orlando on Spirit cancelled already today. I am so glad I got a backup flight because I am 99% sure my original flight is going to be cancelled....

I have friends flying Spirit Sunday out of Philly and they have booked flights out of Lehigh Valley on Allegiant today as back up. All (or close to it) flights to MCO were canceled for the week out of Philly.

Well we leave in 2 days. I wouldn’t say that I’m not a little nervous about the rising cases but I think I’d rather be nervous than naive about it. I decided to rent a car so I will minimize time on public transportation with others. We are doing a split stay between BWV and BRV so will be able to walk or take boat transportation most of the time.

We are both fully vaccinated and will mask indoors or in crowded areas. I know we are going to have a fantastic time no matter what.

Tomorrow is packing day!

How many masks are you packing? I'm only using disposable medical masks for the trip. Does 3 per day sound right? wear one to the parks, and carry two replacements? I think if the mask gets wet on a ride on in the rain, we would want a new one. I'm just not sure how long you can wear one of these masks before they start to seem gross and you just want a new one.
I have 100 disposables packed for a 6 night trip for 4. Plus I will bring every cloth mask my 9 year old has! We haven’t found any disposables hat fit her, either too small or too big.

Well we leave in 2 days. I wouldn’t say that I’m not a little nervous about the rising cases but I think I’d rather be nervous than naive about it. I decided to rent a car so I will minimize time on public transportation with others. We are doing a split stay between BWV and BRV so will be able to walk or take boat transportation most of the time.

We are both fully vaccinated and will mask indoors or in crowded areas. I know we are going to have a fantastic time no matter what.

You will! I'm having some last minute jitters as well with leaving tomorrow, but you're so right, better to be nervous than naive. The steady watching of the news and reading of social media isn't helping much! Just hoping we come home unscathed.

We canceled our Aug 14th-21st WDW trip. Cases, full hospitals, recent trip reports and weather influenced our decision. We were able to cancel our reservations without penalty... We are now heading to California for a visit to Disneyland and L.A. Aug. 14th-20th. 😁 We are Canadian and very excited about our first international trip since we had to leave WDW early in March 2020.

Anyone else really sad that there is no more "Disney mail"? I was getting ready to pack and usually I have a box of magic bands, my magical express voucher, and maybe even some resort info. I know I should be glad they are going more paperless as it is better for the environment, but I miss the little spark of excitement of Disney stuff coming in the mail!

Anyone else really sad that there is no more "Disney mail"? I was getting ready to pack and usually I have a box of magic bands, my magical express voucher, and maybe even some resort info. I know I should be glad they are going more paperless as it is better for the environment, but I miss the little spark of excitement of Disney stuff coming in the mail!
I hear you! Although the only mail we got was our ME tags, the joy on my daughter's face when she saw them was priceless!

Just checking in. We’ve been here since Sunday and are having a really great time! I was so stressed about everything before this trip - our flight being delayed or canceled, masking indoors and on attractions, crowds, heat, you name it, but all of that was for naught. This is probably one of our favorite trips yet. So glad we still have a week left.

did you not order bands this time? We just got ours wednesday. It made it finally feel real.

did you not order bands this time? We just got ours wednesday. It made it finally feel real.
I wanted to, and checked pretty often to see what designs were available, but every time I looked the bands we liked were all around $25 each, and with 5 of us, it just seemed like a splurge I couldn't really justify given we actually have a lot of bands already that we can reuse (including decorative/character ones, which were a much more reasonable $10/15 last year when we ordered). I let it go until the very last day and then just hit "decline" for all of us. Of course, now I have non-buyer's remorse!

I'll use the money we saved to give us each a nice souvenir or some treats at food and wine. :figment:

I wanted to, and checked pretty often to see what designs were available, but every time I looked the bands we liked were all around $25 each, and with 5 of us, it just seemed like a splurge I couldn't really justify given we actually have a lot of bands already that we can reuse (including decorative/character ones, which were a much more reasonable $10/15 last year when we ordered). I let it go until the very last day and then just hit "decline" for all of us. Of course, now I have non-buyer's remorse!

I'll use the money we saved to give us each a nice souvenir or some treats at food and wine. :figment:

Yeah it was slim pickens. We ended up ordering 2 new solid color ones for me and DW, but got a monsters inc one for DS for $15. It's his first disney trip where hes old enough to really understand whats going on i figured hed be extra excited.

We just ended up canceling our upcoming August 17-22 trip :sad1:. We are both vaccinated - and were planning on always wearing our masks/etc. - but with the current rates/etc. we just felt like we would spend more time stressing about what-ifs than actually enjoying our trip. We're going to move it to later this year and hope for the best!

Will continue to read all of your fabulous reports - and hope you all have a fantastic and safe time!

We just ended up canceling our upcoming August 17-22 trip :sad1:. We are both vaccinated - and were planning on always wearing our masks/etc. - but with the current rates/etc. we just felt like we would spend more time stressing about what-ifs than actually enjoying our trip. We're going to move it to later this year and hope for the best!

Will continue to read all of your fabulous reports - and hope you all have a fantastic and safe time!
Same here. I haven't actually pulled the plug yet, but tomorrow's my deadline to cancel and it's looking like we're going to have to do so. We are 2 adults and 2 teens who are all vaccinated but feeling that it would just be too stressful worrying about it the whole trip.

Anyone there now and want to give us any updates on crowds or just the general vibe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter