*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Hi all, debating a last-minute trip end of August but probably won't be able to confirm/book for another month or two. If we wanted to book POP from Aug 22-27, when should we book by to ensure that rooms are available and discount is still offered?
I would try to book as soon as you are able. The current room discount runs through September, so you shouldn't have to worry about the discount still being offered, since it will be. The problem is that the room categories will start selling out, usually starting with the cheapest. The week you are looking at is overall cheaper than the weeks before and after it, so it could become popular for that reason. If you are unable to book now, I would keep checking availability every day, and if you see a room type sell out, know that the others may not be far behind.

Can I get a full refund if I cancel the resort booking?
Yes. For packages, you can get a full refund as long as you cancel at least 30 days before arrival. For room only reservations, you can get a full refund as long as you cancel at least 5 days prior to arrival. If you play around with vacation options online, right under the "Checkout" button in your cart, there will be a sentence that tells you the exact date you would need to cancel by in order to receive a full refund. Full details are below.

Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages Cancellation and Refunds
  • For cancellations made 30 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
  • For cancellations made 2 days to 29 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, non-refundable travel protection plan costs and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
  • For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
  • No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
  • No refunds will be made for early departure from hotel and for unused or partially used admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
  • Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 90 days after departure and may be assessed a $25 processing fee.
  • Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest’s travel agent if payment was made by the travel agent. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refunded monies by guests from their travel agents.
Walt Disney World room only Cancellation Policy:

In order to receive a refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify a reservation, call (407) 934-7639 or you can cancel or make changes to many reservations online by visiting DisneyWorld.com/MyTrip and signing in to your Disney account. If your reservation can be cancelled or changed online, it will have a Cancel or Modify Reservation link next to it. Just select the link to start the cancellation or change process. If you don’t see the Cancel or Modify Reservation link, please contact us at (407) W-DISNEY (407-934-7639). Additionally, if you are holding any other types of reservations, such as dining, those reservations will not be cancelled unless you cancel them or advise us to cancel them.

Yes. For packages, you can get a full refund as long as you cancel at least 30 days before arrival. For room only reservations, you can get a full refund as long as you cancel at least 5 days prior to arrival. If you play around with vacation options online, right under the "Checkout" button in your cart, there will be a sentence that tells you the exact date you would need to cancel by in order to receive a full refund. Full details are below.

Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages Cancellation and Refunds
  • For cancellations made 30 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
  • For cancellations made 2 days to 29 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, non-refundable travel protection plan costs and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
  • For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
  • No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
  • No refunds will be made for early departure from hotel and for unused or partially used admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
  • Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 90 days after departure and may be assessed a $25 processing fee.
  • Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest’s travel agent if payment was made by the travel agent. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refunded monies by guests from their travel agents.
Walt Disney World room only Cancellation Policy:

In order to receive a refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify a reservation, call (407) 934-7639 or you can cancel or make changes to many reservations online by visiting DisneyWorld.com/MyTrip and signing in to your Disney account. If your reservation can be cancelled or changed online, it will have a Cancel or Modify Reservation link next to it. Just select the link to start the cancellation or change process. If you don’t see the Cancel or Modify Reservation link, please contact us at (407) W-DISNEY (407-934-7639). Additionally, if you are holding any other types of reservations, such as dining, those reservations will not be cancelled unless you cancel them or advise us to cancel them.
Thanks so much!

I am so excited to finally be able to confirm my trip. With the pfizer vaccine available to 12-15 year old, I feel comfortable confirming our trip. Very excited that we should have a Boo Bash during our trip. So much to research and I love the trip planning process!

I'm already on the list. Thanks for maintaining this thread for us Tomh.

Boo bash will be happening during our trip but no way the kiddos will be able to handle the late evening hours so that's a no go for us.
Magic bands arrived in the mail yesterday. This will be the first time for us using them.
AND our group of 5 became 9 when my inlaws booked an overlapping trips. So jazzed to have MIL, FIL, BIL and niece along for the chaos!

August 2021 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2021, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Jul 30 - Aug 4 A-Rose788 CSR[
Jul 30 - Aug 9 MrsLF 30 - 2 BC 2 - 9 Poly
Aug 1 - Aug 6 Sargeant Tibbs PoP[
Aug 1 - Aug 7 Slaggslala CBR
Aug 1 - Aug 13 figmentfinesse 1 - 4 BLT 4 - 13 CCV
Aug 1 - Aug 14 disny_luvr BCV
Aug 3 - Aug 11 cbeeindustry ASM
Aug 3 - Aug 10 Disneychoirnerd CBR
Aug 4 - Aug 14 jakifamily OKW
Aug 5 - Aug 19 KrazyKoala PoP
Aug 6 - Aug 20 AdrienneP23 Riviera
Aug 7 - Aug 14 Statefan17 YC
Aug 7 - Aug 15 suse66 BWV / Boulder Ridge
Aug 7 - Aug 21 123SA AoA
Aug 8 - Aug 15 buzzrelly BCV
Aug 9 - Aug 19 OurLaughingPlace 9 - 16 POR 16 - 19 BCV
Aug 13 - Aug 18 cjlong88 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 22 Nikki0401 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 23 TwoLittlePrincesses BC
Aug 14 - Aug 21 ShannyMcB CBR
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Pills Riviera
Aug 14 - Aug 24 omniscientmommy SSR
Aug 14 - Aug 25 MISSYLEXI AKL Savanna View!
Aug 16 - Aug 21 anneboleyn Undecided
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 WL / Copper Creek
Aug 16 - Aug 25 han22735 OKW
Aug 17 - Aug 26 figmentdream AoA
Aug 17 - Aug 26 Jaimet WL
Aug 17 - Aug 31 annachunt 17 - 23 OKW 23 - 27 Disney Cruise 27 - 31 AKL
Aug 18 - Aug 25 Sashaswt CBR
Aug 18 - Aug 27 alimcn BC
Aug 21 - Aug 28 MissSha VGF
Aug 21 - Aug 31 disneyAndi14 CR / BC
Aug 22 - Aug 28 mantysk8coach Poly
Aug 22 - Aug 29 Palaura PoP
August 2021 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2021, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Jul 30 - Aug 4 A-Rose788 CSR[
Jul 30 - Aug 9 MrsLF 30 - 2 BC 2 - 9 Poly
Aug 1 - Aug 6 Sargeant Tibbs PoP[
Aug 1 - Aug 7 Slaggslala CBR
Aug 1 - Aug 13 figmentfinesse 1 - 4 BLT 4 - 13 CCV
Aug 1 - Aug 14 disny_luvr BCV
Aug 3 - Aug 11 cbeeindustry ASM
Aug 3 - Aug 10 Disneychoirnerd CBR
Aug 4 - Aug 14 jakifamily OKW
Aug 5 - Aug 19 KrazyKoala PoP
Aug 6 - Aug 20 AdrienneP23 Riviera
Aug 7 - Aug 14 Statefan17 YC
Aug 7 - Aug 15 suse66 BWV / Boulder Ridge
Aug 7 - Aug 21 123SA AoA
Aug 8 - Aug 15 buzzrelly BCV
Aug 9 - Aug 19 OurLaughingPlace 9 - 16 POR 16 - 19 BCV
Aug 13 - Aug 18 cjlong88 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 22 Nikki0401 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 23 TwoLittlePrincesses BC
Aug 14 - Aug 21 ShannyMcB CBR
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Pills Riviera
Aug 14 - Aug 24 omniscientmommy SSR
Aug 14 - Aug 25 MISSYLEXI AKL Savanna View!
Aug 16 - Aug 21 anneboleyn Undecided
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 WL / Copper Creek
Aug 16 - Aug 25 han22735 OKW
Aug 17 - Aug 26 figmentdream AoA
Aug 17 - Aug 26 Jaimet WL
Aug 17 - Aug 31 annachunt 17 - 23 OKW 23 - 27 Disney Cruise 27 - 31 AKL
Aug 18 - Aug 25 Sashaswt CBR
Aug 18 - Aug 27 alimcn BC
Aug 21 - Aug 28 MissSha VGF
Aug 21 - Aug 31 disneyAndi14 CR / BC
Aug 22 - Aug 28 mantysk8coach Poly
Aug 22 - Aug 29 Palaura PoP
Aug 23 - Aug 29 cindianne320 Offsite
Aug 24 - Sep 2 myhoney 24 - 30 AoA 30 - Sept 2 Universal
Aug 29 - Sep 3 lizzyb AoA
Aug 24 - Sep 7 hsmamainva Aug 24 - Sept 3 ASM Sept 3 - Sept 7 Universal Cabana Bay
Aug 18 - 28 Mle8308 BRV

Yay! I hope this happens!
Me too, Kelly! Vaccines are (finally) ramping up here with 12-17 year olds being eligible as of May 31st. Jack should have his first shot by May 24th. Now we just need to get the border opened up! I don't think they will open it May 21st as we are under a stay at home order until June 2nd but hopefully by June 21st. Feeling more optimistic all the time!! :goodvibes

Any Canadians here on the August '21 thread? I have a trip booked for August 7-15th and finally starting to feel optimistic that it could happen!
We're feeling more optimistic too! Our trip is booked to start Aug 25th but will depend on border and quarantine rules. Also vaccines. My 12yo DD will be eligible but WHO is still not recommending them for those under 18 so I'm not comfortable signing her up yet even though ON will begin offering them soon.

We're feeling more optimistic too! Our trip is booked to start Aug 25th but will depend on border and quarantine rules. Also vaccines. My 12yo DD will be eligible but WHO is still not recommending them for those under 18 so I'm not comfortable signing her up yet even though ON will begin offering them soon.
I totally understand how you would feel about your daughter. I would be more inclined to trust Health Canada's recommendations than the WHO's, given their track record. Have you had your first shot yet? I am with you on the quarantine/mandatory hotel etc. That is a deal breaker for us too. Sending pixie dust that our longed for trips happen!

I totally understand how you would feel about your daughter. I would be more inclined to trust Health Canada's recommendations than the WHO's, given their track record. Have you had your first shot yet? I am with you on the quarantine/mandatory hotel etc. That is a deal breaker for us too. Sending pixie dust that our longed for trips happen!
Thanks! Yes, I've had my first. Before that, in spite of being uber cautious, we both caught Covid (mild thankfully) so that is buying me more time deciding what to do about her. Thankfully I have a wonderful family doctor who is looking too and I trust her judgement immensely!

Interesting chatter today about the possible reopening of the border. Won't be soon but it's closer than we've been in over a year! I can only guess (and this is just a guess) that opening the border and quarantine changes would go hand-in-hand.

Isn’t it strange that I have no idea what my August trip will look like now. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Normally I would say 'yes' but I think I'm living in a state of not knowing what tomorrow will look like.

Sure feels weird for us Disney planners doesn't it?? I don't even know if our Disney trip will happen but kinda planning (but with reserved excitement).

Does anyone else almost feel bad that their countdown clock is going down? I have no idea what to feel these days!!!

I’m a Canadian really hoping we can go in August. I’m not going to check in officially until we know for sure, will wait until June to make our final decision, should have a better idea then about possible border re-opening. Hopefully I can join you all!

So... My family and I were fortunate enough to be at WDW the week before it closed and had a week at the Poly...if I knew the apocalypse was upon us probably would have stayed a few days more...I can't imagine how I/the little ones would have reacted if our trip was later in March and was cancelled..but by that point Disney was the least of the world's worries. Still I empathize greatly whose vacations were postponed.

My wife is a transplant nurse however her unit was transformed into a Covid unit so her experiences greatly impacted our comfort on going anywhere really. I didn't expect a year ago that a 2021 visit would be remotely possible.

At some point at the start of the new year as the Covid news slowly got more positive relatively I started floating the idea to her...employed my daughter as a minion in this quest...and voila vaccines! That seemed to turn the tide and despite her desire not to fly (we are in NJ and the thought of driving those 16+ hours with our little ones is daunting to say the least) she agreed and now we are booked, ticketed, and excited (sans the hopeful inevitable flight) to the World courtesy of my sister-in-law (who has DVC points she wasnt using)...

Boardwalk 1 BR Pool/Garden View, Friday August 6- Saturday August 14. Food and hopefully no Whine ;).

Maybe Boo Bash...like others that is pretty late for the kids..but perhaps do it on a non-park day where they aren't exhausted...and my daughter's 9th birthday. If bippity boppity boutique is available that will surely be part of it.

Hoping Flying Fish and Jelly Rolls are open and that I don't need rehab being able to walk to Epcot every day with my park hopper ;)

Not counting on fast passes being back and the DDP not being available will change the planning aspect for sure. Like someone else stated earlier in the thread will be on the lookout for the best and longest lasting cooling towels so if anyone has a tip.

For anyone there at that time I think a Crescent Lake bar crawl is definitely in the works (I hear Crews Cup at the Yacht Club is an underrated place) and I am sure a monorail crawl can be had...want to see the Moana theming at the Poly (and maybe Trader Sams?).

Can't wait!

Gary

Does anyone know when August hours will be released?

And, has Disney been consistent enough to guess when we can expect updates to those hours - if they are going to add hours that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter