***Official AUGUST 2021 Check In Thread

Two weeks to go before we head down to LA. Look forward to seeing park updates since our last DL/DCA trip back in 2012. We're planning to do DL on Aug 23rd rather than busier weekend. Have to practice this boarding group App thingy in the next few weeks.

Are some of the Downtown Disney resorts still doing delivery to Disney hotels? Has it been fairly easy/quick to get food that way? Are any doing takeout orders where you can order then pick up and take your food to go?

Was anyone there this past weekend? Wait times looked manageable on Sunday. I’m hoping it’s because kids went back to school.

Was anyone there this past weekend? Wait times looked manageable on Sunday. I’m hoping it’s because kids went back to school.
I was there Saturday but not Sunday. I definitely recommend rope drop to take advantage of low waits early in the day, but yeah, seems like Sundays have had particularly low crowds. Saturday didn’t seem as bad as our Monday park day either.

So our first day in the parks in Saturday. No email with the etickets yet. Did anyone else get theirs late?

Ugh. Was hoping crowds were going to decrease some.
Schools are still open, it'll change in the next week. Tuesday are part of the cheap 3 day California tickets. I think people are squeezing in their last days of vacation before school starts.

Schools are still open, it'll change in the next week. Tuesday are part of the cheap 3 day California tickets. I think people are squeezing in their last days of vacation before school starts.
Yeah I was wondering when most schools start back in CA. I know here in SC they start back on Aug. 16. We will be there Aug. 24-27 (parks on 25 and 26) so hoping if school is out that will help crowds. We'll make do either way!

I spent too many hours (starting at 4 am) getting some reservations, so now I have some I'm dropping. If anyone going in August wants any of these, let me know and we can coordinate:

Sunday, Aug. 22 Trader Sam's at 3:10 pm for 3 people
Monday, Aug. 23 River Belle Terrace Lunch at 12:45 pm for 2 people
Tuesday Aug 24, Lamplight Dinner at 6:25 pm for 3 people

I haven’t been to storytellers or to goofy’s kitchen. I have a story tellers reservation for the morning we are leaving, August 20. I was thinking about switching to goofy’s because they just came available.

But then I realized that it makes no sense to switch to a restaurant that just opened. We all know that it takes a while for kinks to be worked out in any new venue.

So I’m sticking with storytellers. The menus seem similar, but storytellers has characters and the other has a few more unique menu items.
::yes::

I’ve never been to Storytellers but Goofys was my least favorite and I heard it wasn’t returning with characters right away.

we booked Plaza Inn for our first day. So far that is my favorite place and we wanted to hit rope drop and then have breakfast in the park and hopefully hit more rides before we take our break.

I’m releasing a blue bayou 12:20 PM August 18 for two people. Deleting today at 1 PM

I have a 3:40pm for 8/24 for 5 people at Blue Bayou that I'll be releasing today. If anyone is interested in taking it let me know. Otherwise I'll be releasing it in about 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter