***Official AUGUST 2021 Check In Thread

Phew! Two days down, two more to go.

First day, we got into DCA a little after 8am. Had Web Slingers BG 20 and was called right after we entered. We rode 7 rides before stopping for lunch at noon. Kids stayed a little longer to get in a few more rides. Adults headed back to hotel to rest and get ready to meet up with friends in the evening.

Today, we got ROTR BG 89 so we weren't expecting to be called until 11 or 12. We got to the parks a little later - around 9. We got in 6 rides before stopping for lunch near 1pm at Docking Bay 7. A little rest in the afternoon for DH, kids and I got in a few more rides before heading back to hotel. Came back at 7 and fit in more rides. Ride total today was 14.

I had a slight plan but didn't really stick to it bc 1. BG return times will potentially change your game plan 2. Contrary to my wishes, my family cannot make it to rope drop! We just relied on the app to help up us make our way around the parks. We aimed for must-do rides with shorter lines in the morning. Tried not to criss cross too much. We also made use of Single Rider.

I made note of all the wait times and actual ride times. If anyone is interested, I can post what we have done so far.

If anyone has questions, I can try to answer them today and tomorrow. We got in most of our must do rides, so we'll hopefully be taking it a little slower the next two days.
Sounds like you have having a wonderful time and you are able to get rides in. I was hoping that with the heat and the masks would decrease the crowds.

How do the later evening lines compare to the early morning lines? I told my girls I want to do rope drop 3 out of our 4 days but we can stay later if we can fit in the rides too.

Phew! Two days down, two more to go.

First day, we got into DCA a little after 8am. Had Web Slingers BG 20 and was called right after we entered. We rode 7 rides before stopping for lunch at noon. Kids stayed a little longer to get in a few more rides. Adults headed back to hotel to rest and get ready to meet up with friends in the evening.

Today, we got ROTR BG 89 so we weren't expecting to be called until 11 or 12. We got to the parks a little later - around 9. We got in 6 rides before stopping for lunch near 1pm at Docking Bay 7. A little rest in the afternoon for DH, kids and I got in a few more rides before heading back to hotel. Came back at 7 and fit in more rides. Ride total today was 14.

I had a slight plan but didn't really stick to it bc 1. BG return times will potentially change your game plan 2. Contrary to my wishes, my family cannot make it to rope drop! We just relied on the app to help up us make our way around the parks. We aimed for must-do rides with shorter lines in the morning. Tried not to criss cross too much. We also made use of Single Rider.

I made note of all the wait times and actual ride times. If anyone is interested, I can post what we have done so far.

If anyone has questions, I can try to answer them today and tomorrow. We got in most of our must do rides, so we'll hopefully be taking it a little slower the next two days.

I forgot to ask about the mobile order lines or just food lines in general. Do we need to plan early on where to eat? Better to get meals at off times?

How do the later evening lines compare to the early morning lines? I told my girls I want to do rope drop 3 out of our 4 days but we can stay later if we can fit in the rides too.

This was a log of our rides last night:

Indy closed
742 pirates 15 min stated wait/off 815
821 haunted mansion 25 min stated wait/off 837
841 BTMRR 20 min stated wait/off 857
902 Indy 30 min stated wait/off 925
935 jungle 10 min stated wait/off 10

I remember space being a 60 min wait at the time we were considering jungle cruise. But other than that, ww thought it was a good time to go on rides.

I forgot to ask about the mobile order lines or just food lines in general. Do we need to plan early on where to eat? Better to get meals at off times?

We've only eaten one meal in the park so far - Docking Bay 7 and Ronto Wraps in GE for lunch yesterday. We ate close to 1pm and the lines weren't that bad. Just a few minute wait to order food. The harder part was finding seats inside. The four of us squished into a table meant for 2 (bench seating on one side.)

The line for Tropical Hideaways in the middle of the afternoon was pretty long. We waited about 15-20 mins.

Hope this helps!

I think with the later evening hours during our trip (Aug. 24-27) we will be doing an extended mid-afternoon break when the heat and crowds are at peak. Glad we decided to splurge and stay at GCH so easy in/out.

What's everyone's favorite area to be in at night? I've heard that SGE and Avengers Campus are both really beautiful in the evenings (and SGE is typically MUCH quieter).

I think with the later evening hours during our trip (Aug. 24-27) we will be doing an extended mid-afternoon break when the heat and crowds are at peak. Glad we decided to splurge and stay at GCH so easy in/out.

What's everyone's favorite area to be in at night? I've heard that SGE and Avengers Campus are both really beautiful in the evenings (and SGE is typically MUCH quieter).

Another great place is Carsland.

I’m making a point to see Carsland this time at night. We also make a late reservation for my daughter to build a light saber so we can enjoy that area at night too.

We also splurged on the GCH and planned to go early and head back to the hotel. I was just joking with my kids that since we are so close I can run into the park and ride something and head out. They like it so they can ride Grizzly river and if they get wet they can go and change. Walking around in wet clothes is no fun.

I’m making a point to see Carsland this time at night. We also make a late reservation for my daughter to build a light saber so we can enjoy that area at night too.

We also splurged on the GCH and planned to go early and head back to the hotel. I was just joking with my kids that since we are so close I can run into the park and ride something and head out. They like it so they can ride Grizzly river and if they get wet they can go and change. Walking around in wet clothes is no fun.

I'm like that, too! I really only like to ride Grizzly if we're staying at GCH. The location is awesome!

This morning has been bad at DCA. We had BG 16 for webslingers but it was down til about 930 or so. The lines for all the other attractions were heavy. 90 mins for Guardian and Cars all morning. We did Car single rider and even that was 35 mins! We aren't riding Guadians until the line goes down.

Our shortest like was Haunted Mansion in the last hour yesterday evening. It was basically walk-on.

To top it off, we completely forgot to try for ROTR BGs at noon.

Set your alarms!

Last edited:
This morning has been bad at DCA. We had BG 16 for webslingers but it was down til about 930 or so. The lines for all the other attractions were heavy. 90 mins for Guardian and Cars all morning. We did Car single rider and even that was 35 mins! We aren't riding Guadians until the line goes down.

Our shortest like was Haunted Mansion in the last hour yesterday evening. It was basically walk-on.
Yup, we were at DCA this morning and it was hot and crowded. We were through the turnstiles before rope drop (but just barely) and went straight to Racers. Even so, we waited almost a whole hour. We are so accustomed to fast passes, this trip has been a bit of a struggle for my kids who literally had no idea people waited that long for rides! We’re still having fun, but it’s definitely an adjustment.
We had boarding group 89 for webslingers and didn’t get called until 3:30, that’s during our rest time so we skipped it.

Any one thinking of cancelling / postponing their trip to upgrade their tickets to Magic Key passes.

Yup, we were at DCA this morning and it was hot and crowded. We were through the turnstiles before rope drop (but just barely) and went straight to Racers. Even so, we waited almost a whole hour. We are so accustomed to fast passes, this trip has been a bit of a struggle for my kids who literally had no idea people waited that long for rides! We’re still having fun, but it’s definitely an adjustment.
We had boarding group 89 for webslingers and didn’t get called until 3:30, that’s during our rest time so we skipped it.

Just found out Anthony Mackie was in the parks today!!! He posted about his score on Webslingers. Dd and I surmised he may have been part of the reason the ride was not operating in the morning. Dd is so mad we didn't see him! She's been following celebs at Disney and was wondering if we'd see anyone at the parks. So close, yet so far!

Just found out Anthony Mackie was in the parks today!!! He posted about his score on Webslingers. Dd and I surmised he may have been part of the reason the ride was not operating in the morning. Dd is so mad we didn't see him! She's been following celebs at Disney and was wondering if we'd see anyone at the parks. So close, yet so far!
We always hope to see someone too. We did actually see Russell Brand but that was before he married Katy Perry. My niece had to tell me who he was. He was just in the movie bedtime stories.I don’t think it counts when you don’t recognize who it is. Lol

We are supposed to go the 12th through the 14th but trying to talk my wife into moving our trip back to the 25th through the 27th so we can upgrade our tickets to magic key passes. She has work, hopefully she can get the day off.

Was at California Adventure yesterday as well and noticed the ride wasn't running right away. I had group 25, but wasn't worried. We waited til after 7pm to get in line. The parks are crowded in most spots now, so I'd never recognize a celebrity walking around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter