***Official AUGUST 2021 Check In Thread

silver236

Disney Vet
Since no one else has started one I thought I might as well start a check in thread, especially since so many questions are still out there for August (hello, dining reservations!!) that I thought it would be nice for us all to have a one stop shop. I'll add everyone's dates and locations to the second post!

Last edited:
AUGUST STAYS

GBRforWSW: July 31-Aug 8 BW and Cambria
94bruin: August 1-4 Hyatt House
amyg1975: August 1-6 Camelot
Azree: August 2-3 Grand Californian
TikiTikiFan: August 3-10 Tropicana
Tasmen: August 7-11 Grand Californian
Nancy Drew: August 7-14 Disneyland Hotel/Grand Californian split stay
furiousrainbows: August 9-14 Courtyard Marriott

FantasmicMike: August 9-13 Grand Californian
wishing4PA: August 10-14 Harbor Boulevard Hotel
seacruise: August 12-16 Disneyland Hotel
jadelsp: August 12-18 Desert Inn
silver236: August 14-18 Camelot

Twinkletoesjohnson: August 14-18 Grand Californian
MattysMommy: August 15-20 Disneyland Hotel/Villas at GCH
Crazy4Disney72: August 15-21 Grand Legacy
SportsMadre: August 16-19 JW Marriott
Eeva:
August 16-20
dorchrislen: August 17-20 Tropicana
disneymouse16: August 18-20 Harbor Boulevard Hotel

CherylGonz: August 18-22 Grand Californian
GreyTami: August 18-24 TBD
BandMom1:
August 20-25 Grand Californian
HenDuck: August 21-28 Harbor Boulevard Hotel
Newbie500: August 21-28 Best Western Park Place Inn

donaldanddaisy: August 22-25 Best Western Plus
Courtney Disney 2019: August 22-27
Disneyland Hotel
dreynolds1982: August 24-27 Residence Inn
Eve and Wall-E: August 25-29 Disneyland Hotel

CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: August 2-6
Haunted Mansion: August 16-September 2

NOT YET REOPENED
Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse
Disneyland Monorail
Donald’s Boat
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Goofy’s Playhouse
Mickey’s House
Minnie’s House
Star Wars Launch Bay

Last edited:
8/21-28 Harbor Blvd hotel
Park hoppers for the full 8 days! :yay: :dogdance:

I only have reservations for Oga's because we usually eat on the run. :mickeybar Will make use of mobile ordering.

:jumping1:

8/10-8/14 on Harbor
We have reservations for most lunches and dinners (except Oga's is on my list as a "dinner" haha.)
First trip to DL for both me & DD. I'm most looking forward to everything Florida doesn't have. Except for the silly symphony and a few other "height" rides.
I hate hot weather, but I live in it anyhow. Statistically DL in August will be about 5 degrees cooler than just staying here in August.
Thanks for starting the thread, silver236.

8/9-8/14 at Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance w/a group of 9! 3-day Park Hoppers with a day at USH.
Have an Oga's reservation and working on a Splitsville reservation for our non-park day.

Thanks for starting a check-in! I assumed I was missing it.

Just me and my DD, staying on Harbor BLVD August 18th-20th!

I was disappointed to see Haunted Mansion is going down a couple of days before our visit! I wonder if that means they are going to go ahead with the overlay this year.

I was disappointed to see Haunted Mansion is going down a couple of days before our visit! I wonder if that means they are going to go ahead with the overlay this year.

Can I ask, where you were able to find a refurbishment schedule for August? I am not seeing anything on Disney's site.

Can I ask, where you were able to find a refurbishment schedule for August? I am not seeing anything on Disney's site.

In the DL app, from the hamburger menu, under Park Hours & Info click on the ”park hours” tab for a calendar with the hours for each day. Under the hours listed for each park there may be a “Closed for Refurbishment“ section that will tell you any rides closed on that particular day. Haunted Mansion shows closed 8/16-9/2

I just checked the app for any other refurbishments and noticed something weird: the app has park hours all the way through August, but the Website stops at August 14th. Still no hours on a lot of the restaurants after the 13th either on the app or website.

Aug 1-4 Hyatt House

We haven't purchased our tickets... will probably buy this weekend! So excited as we were supposed to go April 2020. We all know what happened there!

I've got reservations for most of our dinners. We usually eat lunch from QS. We haven't been since 2017 so both Star Wars and Avengers will be new to us. I am checking every so often for opening at Oga's. Hoping for a cancellation right before we go!

In the DL app, from the hamburger menu, under Park Hours & Info click on the ”park hours” tab for a calendar with the hours for each day. Under the hours listed for each park there may be a “Closed for Refurbishment“ section that will tell you any rides closed on that particular day. Haunted Mansion shows closed 8/16-9/2
Thank you! Didn't think to check on the app. :)

August 25-29 at Disneyland Hotel

Me and husband. Park Hoppers for four days. We plan to get table service lunch each day but nothing’s available yet. Really hoping Carnation Cafe and Carthay Circle Restaurant will open up soon. We are planning/hoping to get boarding passes this trip to experience the two newest attractions. We also have a WDW trip booked for Jan-Feb 2022.

August 16 -19 at the JW Marriott

This New England mom will be park hopping with her 2 kids (25 & 19) for 4 days as part of our 12 day SF to LA PCH road trip. This will be our first trip to the DLR after many trips to WDW. We are very excited; just hoping its not going to be too hot!!!

Haunted Mansion shows closed 8/16-9/2

I'm pretty sure it's because that's when they put up the Nightmare Before Xmas overlay for the Halloween/Xmas season.

We're be there 8/3-8/10 at the Tropicana across the street! We literally just got back from WDW yesterday but this was a canceled trip so might as well just have a summer of all things Disney. My family thinks I'm insane but there ya go. :rotfl:

We are going Aug 18th-22nd staying at the Grand Californian. Our first time to stay here and we are very excited. We normally stay at the Fairfield. I have airlines vouchers that must be used before the end of the year as they were from a previous cancelled trip due to COVID. We will have 4 day park hoppers.

I booked before the 25% discount came out, but today I called and they were able to apply the discount to our stay. We didn't originally have the 18th booked and when I asked her to add it to our reservation she said there was nothing available at the discount so she couldn't add it? I went online and could book it at the discounted rate so who knows.

Very disappointed to see HM is down when we are there. 2 years ago we went during this same time period and missed the shut down. It's my DD's favorite ride.

August 10th - 13th - Grand Californian

Will be the first trip to Disneyland for my DD13 and DS17 (we've been to Disney World twice). DW and I are both from out west, so grew up with Disneyland as our closest park. But we've also never been to DCA.

Excited for the kids to see the original park and dark rides. Also VERY thankful that HM will still be up when we're there - my favorite ride, and this will be my first time seeing the Hatbox Ghost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter