**Official August 2016 Check In Thread**

bcwife76

DisneyMomma
I thought it was time to start an August 2016 check in thread!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Post here if you are visting Disneyland/DCA in August 2016! What are your dates and where are you staying?:goofy:

I'll start.

We'll be there August 29 to September 2nd, our first time staying at HOJO! We were last at the parks October 2015 and I'm so excited to be able to celebrate the 60th anniversary twice!!!!:tinker:
Travelling will be myself, dh and our two daughters who will be 5 and (just turned two weeks prior to our trip) 8.

Will also be doing 1 day at Universal this trip. I haven't been to Universal since 2003 (dh was last there 2012, but I had to fly home a day early that trip and missed out!)

Last edited:
We're headed back in August!!! Hubby and I are headed down for our first anniversary (after our WDW wedding last year!) We're going from August 17th to August 25th. Spending August 17-20 at GCV in a studio (my first DVC stay! Hubby's family used our shiny new points to stay for our wedding) then moving to Tropicana for the next 5 nights (20-25) We've doing 5 full days in the parks (probably Thursday/Friday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday) and renting a car to drive up to visit Universal Hollywood - gotta have a coast to coast Hogsmead trip too! - on Sunday. Saturday we're thinking about renting a cabana in the afternoon since it's our lazy day and we're switching resorts. I'm so excited I already have a spreadsheet going with our meal plans and budget! I can't believe I still have to wait 3 more months to book our dining! I can't wait to be back at Disneyland I haven't been since December 2013 and I've missed it!

Yay!! An August group! We'll be there August 24-28 and staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn. This trip will just be myself and my 7 year old daughter. So excited to be going back!!

Hubby and I will be there from the 16-25 August for our 20 th wedding anniversary, staying at the Hyatt Regency, we stayed there back in 2013 with our children and he didn't want to try anywhere different as we loved the location .

Gee lots of August anniversaries around here so far, lol!

What better place to celebrate your wedding anniversary than the happiest place on earth :lovestruc

It's actually our 12th wedding anniversary one week before we go to Disneyland :love:

What better place to celebrate your wedding anniversary than the happiest place on earth :lovestruc

It's actually our 12th wedding anniversary one week before we go to Disneyland :love:

We're cheating a little - our anniversary is the 13th but because of a big poker tournament at my hubby's work we have to wait a couple days to take our trip. We'll still be celebrating though! :flower3::lovestruc:love:

Yay official August thread!! We will be in the land of magic 8/16-8/24. Still deciding between the Del Sol and Castle Inn. I will be using salute tickets for 6 days for sure, possibly all 9. I don't think I can be thisclose to Disney and not pop in at least daily. It's me and my 8 yo son. We had an epic trip in 2013 that included F! Dessert, pirate league, MHP, Jedi academy, blue bayou.... You name it, we did it. This time I'm scheduling nothing (except WOC dessert) so we can wander without being scheduled. We were originally going to DLP this year but decided to wait until 2017 when the refurbs are done. So even though it's 4 months away I'm still considering this a spur of the moment trip. I lived on this board in 2013 and I'm excited to be back. It felt like coming home.:earboy2:

We'll be getting a 1 day ticket for just DL on Aug 30 :) I convinced my family (it wasn't hard, lol) to do one day at the park after our DCL repositioning cruise (Vancouver to San Diego). We are hoping they still have the "Season of the Force" offerings! We did two extended trips within a one year period (2014-2015) so I'm okay with just the one day this time.

bcwife76: :thanks: for the input on the cruise last fall! We are so excited. Looks like we'll be at DLR the same time!

We'll be getting a 1 day ticket for just DL on Aug 30 :) I convinced my family (it wasn't hard, lol) to do one day at the park after our DCL repositioning cruise (Vancouver to San Diego). We are hoping they still have the "Season of the Force" offerings! We did two extended trips within a one year period (2014-2015) so I'm okay with just the one day this time.

bcwife76: :thanks: for the input on the cruise last fall! We are so excited. Looks like we'll be at DLR the same time!

So far Season of the Force is supposed to run at least through the end of the 60th stuff which is Labor Day. I bet it continues through to the X-Mas season myself

@westcoastminnie that's so exciting!!! That's how I got our trip to DL in last year, after our repo cruise :cheer2: I reasoned that since we were *so close* to DL we might as well haha That's so funny we'll be there the same time!

I'm so excited for your cruise too, party:

Staying at VGC from 8/28 to 9/1 and Courtyard from 9/1 to 9/4. We're WDW regulars and cannot wait for our 1st visit to DLR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter