****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

Oops! Hit Post Reply on that one too soon!

I meant to add... I have been meaning to post sooner to give quick trip reports, but the wi-fi here at the Disneyland Hotel hasn't been working for me at all, until this morning. Finally!

Anyway, we had a magical time! The major heat wave over the weekend was a bit of a challenge for this 33-week pregnant mama and three little boys, but we did okay for the most part by making the most out of the early mornings, heading back for naps and swims when it gets too hot and too crowded at around lunchtime, then back to the parks in the late afternoon/evenings for a few more rides and nighttime shows. :)

We arrived on Saturday, checked into DLH at about 11am, got checked in fairly quickly, but had to wait for our room (which was okay since technically check-in isn't until 3pm), so we headed over to Downtown Disney for lunch. We went back to the hotel to unpack and spent the rest of the afternoon at DLH's awesome pools and slides. Kids were almost too exhausted to enjoy dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (which totally changed as soon as Minnie arrived!). The Mister & I went out to get drinks at Trader Sam's that night and the line was crazy! We ended up lining up for a whole hour! We didn't get in until around midnight. D23 crowds apparently. ;) but I would say it was worth it. What a fun experience!

Sunday was Disneyland day! :) We were up super early and at the gates by around 720am, which paid off since we were able to do a lot of the rides on my birthday wish list (including Peter Pan! My 3-year-old and I are just in love with this ride!) before we had to head over to Storyteller's Cafe for our 1015am brunch reservation. We went back to DLh to escape the heat (it was insanely hot this weekend!!!) for much-needed after naps for everyone and were back at the parks by 5pm for ice cream, a couple more rides, dinner, Paint The Night (which was just incredible!!) and Disneyland Forever (which had me in tears!).

Monday, we were at DCA and had so much fun! We basically walked onto TSMM twice during EMH, got FPs for RSR, and got to ride all the rides we wanted to do even before we took our midday break. We hit the pools again and were back at the park for Pixar Play Parade, dinner, more ice cream, the lighting up of Cars Land (so special!), Mad T Party, and WoC.

Tuesday was definitely our least favorite day. We were all getting a little too tired from the 630am wake-up calls and late nights and our poor feet, so against what I knew we had to do, we relied on the Monorail for our EMH entry into Disneyland. Big fail! We were kept waiting in the trains for more than 10 minutes before we actually left the station and didn't get into Disneyland until halfway into EMH. This kind of set off our day in the Murphy's Law direction, with trains and rides breaking down or being closed, and just crowds getting to be a bit too much. We still got on most of the rides we wanted to do, but the crowd level was definitely the worst on this day, especially at nighttime. I think in huge part because of the annual pass holders whose passes are now allowing them to go into the parks about being blocked all summer. Because of ride issues, we ended up being so late for the Fantasmic line, that we didn't even bother to go, because there were just too many people and we knew it wouldn't be possible to get good spots anymore. We ended up getting dinner at Royal Street Veranda so we were able to see some parts anyway, so we're all good! ;)

I plan to post a more detailed trip report on the main forum soon, and I also have been and will be posting more photos on the our #augdis15 thread.

Hopefully everyone else who's here this week is having a grand time! :)

Oops! Hit Post Reply on that one too soon!

I meant to add... I have been meaning to post sooner to give quick trip reports, but the wi-fi here at the Disneyland Hotel hasn't been working for me at all, until this morning. Finally!

Anyway, we had a magical time! The major heat wave over the weekend was a bit of a challenge for this 33-week pregnant mama and three little boys, but we did okay for the most part by making the most out of the early mornings, heading back for naps and swims when it gets too hot and too crowded at around lunchtime, then back to the parks in the late afternoon/evenings for a few more rides and nighttime shows. :)

We arrived on Saturday, checked into DLH at about 11am, got checked in fairly quickly, but had to wait for our room (which was okay since technically check-in isn't until 3pm), so we headed over to Downtown Disney for lunch. We went back to the hotel to unpack and spent the rest of the afternoon at DLH's awesome pools and slides. Kids were almost too exhausted to enjoy dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (which totally changed as soon as Minnie arrived!). The Mister & I went out to get drinks at Trader Sam's that night and the line was crazy! We ended up lining up for a whole hour! We didn't get in until around midnight. D23 crowds apparently. ;) but I would say it was worth it. What a fun experience!

Sunday was Disneyland day! :) We were up super early and at the gates by around 720am, which paid off since we were able to do a lot of the rides on my birthday wish list (including Peter Pan! My 3-year-old and I are just in love with this ride!) before we had to head over to Storyteller's Cafe for our 1015am brunch reservation. We went back to DLh to escape the heat (it was insanely hot this weekend!!!) for much-needed after naps for everyone and were back at the parks by 5pm for ice cream, a couple more rides, dinner, Paint The Night (which was just incredible!!) and Disneyland Forever (which had me in tears!).

Monday, we were at DCA and had so much fun! We basically walked onto TSMM twice during EMH, got FPs for RSR, and got to ride all the rides we wanted to do even before we took our midday break. We hit the pools again and were back at the park for Pixar Play Parade, dinner, more ice cream, the lighting up of Cars Land (so special!), Mad T Party, and WoC.

Tuesday was definitely our least favorite day. We were all getting a little too tired from the 630am wake-up calls and late nights and our poor feet, so against what I knew we had to do, we relied on the Monorail for our EMH entry into Disneyland. Big fail! We were kept waiting in the trains for more than 10 minutes before we actually left the station and didn't get into Disneyland until halfway into EMH. This kind of set off our day in the Murphy's Law direction, with trains and rides breaking down or being closed, and just crowds getting to be a bit too much. We still got on most of the rides we wanted to do, but the crowd level was definitely the worst on this day, especially at nighttime. I think in huge part because of the annual pass holders whose passes are now allowing them to go into the parks about being blocked all summer. Because of ride issues, we ended up being so late for the Fantasmic line, that we didn't even bother to go, because there were just too many people and we knew it wouldn't be possible to get good spots anymore. We ended up getting dinner at Royal Street Veranda so we were able to see some parts anyway, so we're all good! ;)

I plan to post a more detailed trip report on the main forum soon, and I also have been and will be posting more photos on the our #augdis15 thread.

Hopefully everyone else who's here this week is having a grand time! :)

After months of planning this trip we are only 3 days away from departure! I have so much to do still! Air, hotel, and transportation are set. Still need to purchase park tickets. Plan to do that over the phone with my mom today so I can walk her through the Ebates/Orbitz process. PP+ is sitting on my counter. We aren't making any ADRs, like to keep the schedule open, and we really only want to eat at CO so we'll just try walk up at non peak hours. Still want to take my kids to the local Disney Store so they can turn all their money they've saved into gift cards. Then there's cleaning house, doing laundry, and packing. Ok I better get off of the DIS and get busy!!!!

Getting excited! We leave on Saturday to head to Portland, then leave from PDX on Sunday! I think I have all the big things ready, but need to start packing to make sure I am not forgetting anything :)

It seems you may be selling DCA a bit short. Don't hamstring yourself to which park you'll be spending your time in. With park hoppers, you'll want to allow for the possibility of, at 2pm or something, saying "Okay, we just got off Haunted Mansion, let's go hit up Soarin'" or something like that. I think you'll find after visiting DCA that it's worth more than just half a day. :)

You're right! I've planned for 1.5 days at DCA (full day Saturday,half day tuesday), but we'll definitely be able to go back and forth as we want with the parkhoppers.

After months of planning this trip we are only 3 days away from departure! I have so much to do still! Air, hotel, and transportation are set. Still need to purchase park tickets. Plan to do that over the phone with my mom today so I can walk her through the Ebates/Orbitz process. PP+ is sitting on my counter. We aren't making any ADRs, like to keep the schedule open, and we really only want to eat at CO so we'll just try walk up at non peak hours. Still want to take my kids to the local Disney Store so they can turn all their money they've saved into gift cards. Then there's cleaning house, doing laundry, and packing. Ok I better get off of the DIS and get busy!!!!

Getting excited! We leave on Saturday to head to Portland, then leave from PDX on Sunday! I think I have all the big things ready, but need to start packing to make sure I am not forgetting anything :)

Looks like we are leaving around the same time! :cool1:

I'd love to get started packing but we are not telling DS until the morning we leave so all prep work is going to have to be done Friday night after he goes to bed! I can check our travel toiletries bags and make sure that I have everything but I'm pretty sure they are still stocked from our trip to the cottage last month.

I've got a mani/pedi booked for tomorrow afternoon and DS has a haircut on Friday. I'm still surfing Disney nail design ideas, does anyone here have any they want to share?

We are going the last week of August. Just purchased our AP the beginning of the month and had what sounded like a great idea at the time of driving down or just the day!! We live in near Sacramento! Will probably never do that again, but we love Disneyland! Curious to know if anyone else lives in our area with Annual Passports and how often they go?

Looks like we are leaving around the same time! :cool1:

I'd love to get started packing but we are not telling DS until the morning we leave so all prep work is going to have to be done Friday night after he goes to bed! I can check our travel toiletries bags and make sure that I have everything but I'm pretty sure they are still stocked from our trip to the cottage last month.

I've got a mani/pedi booked for tomorrow afternoon and DS has a haircut on Friday. I'm still surfing Disney nail design ideas, does anyone here have any they want to share?

I bet you wanna burst with excitement, keeping such a great secret is hard. I did that for DD when she was 6 and it was just the two of us going, it was so fun telling her when we were at the airport!

I'm getting my mani/pedi tomorrow, still haven't decided what I'm doing though. Here are pics from my last two trips.

Attachments

• DisneyNail2014.jpg
    DisneyNail2014.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DisneyNails2013.jpg
    DisneyNails2013.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
Be careful with those pedicures...don't want to scrap away any hard earned calluses. Tender feet can get blistered quickly.

It was back to work for me this morning. Still haven't the heart to take off my travel ticker. Such a fantastic trip! The Expo was definitely a highlight. Sunday was our best park day. Great crowd levels, especially at night...we closed the park that night. Just magical! My girls rode Splash over and over again during the second F!. I decided four times was enough for me and told them to meet me at Hungry Bear. It was awesome to sit down there myself and spy on the backstage workings of the show. It was creepy/cool to have the Mark Twain silently pass me as all the characters waved in perfect silence. :D

So happy to have a WDW trip in December to help fight the post trip blues. Looking forward to more trip reports!

I'm really hoping the new app will be a big help to visitors in the next week, just so I can get some real feedback. It looks pretty good so far, fingers crossed.

We just returned from DLR on Sunday night and we had a wonderful time! One disappointment was that the cell phone service and wifi in the parks was so TERRIBLE that the app didn't work for us, except in a few isolated locations. The wait times would just show up as dashes. Very annoying!

Ugh, that is disappointing! We usually just text back and forth, otherwise it is missed call after missed call, but I was hoping I would at least be able to use the app. We have a mobile hot spot from AT&T that provides our WiFi at home, maybe I should bring that along...

Sounds like everyone is having fun trips, despite the heat and crowds!

The wifi has been worthless. Had zero trouble with AT&T LTE on our iPhones to use the new app, though. Even in the Grand Cali the wifi does nothing.

We're back at home after a busy week in the parks. This was our 5th DLR trip in as many years, and the parks were about 5 times more crowded than I've ever seen! We were able to get a lot done before 10am each morning, though, before it got crowded. Paint the night was amazing, and I love the new world of color show (a little too much Neil Patric Harris and Elsa for my liking though.) We saw the Frozen sing along in WDW and the actors in Florida were so much better than the ones in DCA - though DCA had better special effects. I enjoyed the Frozen story telling in the Royal Theater - there's nothing like hearing two young men sing Frozen songs! Mr. Smyth and Mr. Jones were absolutely hilarious! I hope they bring back the Rapunzle and Belle shows soon, though.

We stayed at the GCH for the first time, and it was ok. I think I much prefer the DLH though, for the pool and the rooms. I loved the location of the GCH and the bunk beds. We had a room on the second floor above Napa Rose and the Spa, so it was really easy to pop into our room through out the day to fill up our water bottles, take a pool break, and then pop back in to DCA. But if I was in charge, I'd take the DLH and put bunk beds in it and then have the DLH and the GCH trade places. And Storytellers... I don't know why they even have a character meal in there! After 45 minutes we had only seen Meeko (or whatever the racoon's name is) and I had to ask to talk to the character handler so that we could see anyone else. Finally, Dale came to our table, but then Chip was coming from the other direction, so skipped us and then we had to talk to the character handler again to get Chip to come back. We never did see either of the bears, and after 90 minutes, we decided to ask for the bill, and by that time, the characters were finished. The character handler was really nice and pin traded with the kids, but I didn't like that he made up an excuse that the characters "got off track" due to many larger parties. I know from reading on here that it's pretty common, and I should have trusted the reviews and skipped this character meal. DH didn't let me see the bill, but told me that it cost more than our lunch at Blue Bayou!

Those of you who are in the parks, or who are going to be there soon, please keep an eye out for BaymaxDLR! We had him for the week and then passed him off to a young lady and her mother today. I think they were just in the parks for the day, and I instructed them to pass him along so he can stay in DLR. If any of you spot him, please take a picture (with permission, of course.) He'll be the only Baymax stuffie that you'll see, because they don't sell them in the parks.

I'll start a trip report for BaymaxDLR soon, but in the meantime, you can see some of his photos on instagram by searching #baymaxdlr.

The excitement is boiling over. We get on the plane later tonight. We are flying out of Seattle to SNA. It was so cute this morning - my 5 year old son woke up and the first thing he said was "Guess what day it is!!??" He's so excited. This will be his 3rd trip but I think it will be the one he remembers more now that he is older. We are celebrating his 6th birthday while there so that will be extra fun. Also, the weather forecast looks great! In the 80's for the first 4 park days and then in the 90's on the last park day and the day we fly home. Considering it's August, I'm happy with that.

Did my nails last night. I always have a hard time deciding on designs so I usually mix it up. I did my right hand in a 60th Anniv theme and my left in a Haunted Mansion theme. Found these nail art on Etsy.

Attachments

• 20150820_105142 cropped compressed.jpg
    20150820_105142 cropped compressed.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20150820_105155 cropped compressed.jpg
    20150820_105155 cropped compressed.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
The excitement is boiling over. We get on the plane later tonight. We are flying out of Seattle to SNA. It was so cute this morning - my 5 year old son woke up and the first thing he said was "Guess what day it is!!??" He's so excited. This will be his 3rd trip but I think it will be the one he remembers more now that he is older. We are celebrating his 6th birthday while there so that will be extra fun. Also, the weather forecast looks great! In the 80's for the first 4 park days and then in the 90's on the last park day and the day we fly home. Considering it's August, I'm happy with that.

Did my nails last night. I always have a hard time deciding on designs so I usually mix it up. I did my right hand in a 60th Anniv theme and my left in a Haunted Mansion theme. Found these nail art on Etsy.
Have a great time! We fly out of Seattle on Saturday, first day in the park is Sunday, who knows maybe we'll be in line next to each other!!!

Your nails look cute, I'm heading out to get mine done now.

Ohh! I really like the one with all the small Mickey icons and an accent nail in red. Times like this it's hard to just choose when you only have 10 nails. LOL

This was what I got for our trip last August. I like the simplicity of the design.

image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter