*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I was looking through dining reservations in April (trying to do a "dry run" in advance of my window opening next week) - on the WDW website, it shows dates out to April 20th as available for dining reservations. Of course, when I select April 20th and try to search for availability it comes back with an error saying

"We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem may have occurred while looking for availability. Please ensure if you have a valid resort reservation, it is linked to your My Disney Experience account and try again."

I do have a resort reservation linked in MDE, but it starts 4/19 so technically I'm not in my 60 day window yet. So why is it letting me click on those dates? It's never done that before. And more weirdly, in the MDE app on my phone, the calendar is correctly showing that the dining reservation window is only open through April 10th as of today. Am I screwing something up? Or is the website glitching?

I can see dining available up to the 10th and gray after that.
1 week to go . . .

Boulder Ridge Villas 4/16 to 4/24!! :)

Very excited - first time bringing the kids back since Nov 2018. Kids will be 14, 11 and 5 and husband and me. Always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge so very happy we were able to book BRV. Looking forward to dining reservations opening up soon!

Please add me! 4/19 - 4/26 Split stay AS Movies and Boulder Ridge Villas

I put you on the list

Boulder Ridge Villas 4/16 to 4/24!! :)

Very excited - first time bringing the kids back since Nov 2018. Kids will be 14, 11 and 5 and husband and me. Always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge so very happy we were able to book BRV. Looking forward to dining reservations opening up soon!

Nov 2018 was the last time we took the kids too. Not by design though ...

Same here - we usually try to bring them at least every 18 months to 2 years. We did an anniversary trip in May 2019 (just hubby and me) then did a 40th birthday couples trip in Jan 2020 so the last 2 times I have been have been without my kids. Had plans to do a family trip in Spring 2020 and then Summer 2020 but we all know how that worked out!

Nov 2018 was the last time we took the kids too. Not by design though ...

Finally getting excited about our trip. Planned it last July for April 4-9 staying off site @ Holiday Inn Disney Springs . First time for son and hubs to DW took them to DL in 2014 but traveling from the west coast wanted to be sure he would remember it---he is 14 now so it is time!! Super excited ADD ME PLZ 4/4-4/9

I am going to read through the thread but just excited to add my info! Heading to Beach Club Villas for our first DVC trip and our first time visiting in April. We are staying the 10th-17th at Beach Club and then a night at AKL in a 1BR. I am AMPED

Mamajessie - 4/10 - 4/17 - Beach Club Villas

I am going to read through the thread but just excited to add my info! Heading to Beach Club Villas for our first DVC trip and our first time visiting in April. We are staying the 10th-17th at Beach Club and then a night at AKL in a 1BR. I am AMPED

Mamajessie - 4/10 - 4/17 - Beach Club Villas

Congrats! We will be at AKV at the same time, also in a one bedroom. I am so excited for the space and to try a new kind of room! This is my third time visiting in April, and I can confirm it’s just the BEST time weather-wise, especially if you are coming from a cold climate like me.

We had our ADR day this morning. I would call it a moderate success. We were hoping for Sci Fi Dine In Theater on our second day and there was basically nothing - we took an off time, but I was a little disappointed there. Nothing at all for CRT on either of the days that would work - we "settled" for BOG instead. Everything else was good.

Hopefully the crowd level will be okay. Either it's more crowded than I'm expecting or they have much more limited seating due to distancing protocols.

Congrats! We will be at AKV at the same time, also in a one bedroom. I am so excited for the space and to try a new kind of room! This is my third time visiting in April, and I can confirm it’s just the BEST time weather-wise, especially if you are coming from a cold climate like me.

It's funny, because the trip that didn't happen was booked for early May. I remember being worried that it would be getting too hot by that time and especially about the love bugs. When we had the chance to reschedule, I backed it up a couple of weeks and I'm hoping the weather is as nice as you say.

Well, I haven't been on the Dis much as of late. Completely forgot about these threads. D'oh. We are booked for Apr 3-7 for our 7th trip back since reopen. We know this one will be busy because of Easter and Spring Break, but we are used to going for holiday and school breaks (teacher here). Being APs in GA we go often so even if we end up at the pool most days, we are good. We are at Coronado. We normally stay in the tower but we are doing a preferred room this time.

Got our ADRs this morning. Interesting glitch. After selecting the restaurant on the first screen, I could only pick the 17th, everything after was gray. On the next screen where you select a time, I could pick any day for the length of our stay. This continued for all days of our trip. Not a big hassle, just a few more clicks.
Ended up with everything we wanted at good times.
This year was definitely a change in how we plan as the parks close so much earlier. Evening ADRs right when parks close rather during park hours.

We are in two groups! We come down Mar 26-Apr 4! We will be staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness :)

Wife and I have a quick anniversary trip planned for April 28-May 1. Going to be staying at the Swan. It is actually our first time going together though we have both been multiple times in the past. We had to work around work schedules to make this one happen though we had a longer one planned last year that of course did not happen. Definitely looking forward to getting back and sharing it for the first time! Doing it over our anniversary just makes it that much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter