Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Anyone stalking for Spring Break, some Savvy Traveler rates for Deluxe 2 Queen rooms just popped up at Portofino for the second-third week of April. I was able to save 1K for our week, and we're traveling with 5 so the room pretty much pays for itself with what the free Express Passes. (Is this the Universal version of Disney math? :) ) If AP rates drop later I'll try to rebook, but for now I feel really lucky to at least have this rate for such a popular time of year.

what APH discounts we might expect for one of the deluxe hotels in the second week of April?
general suggestion to check the date & rate thread of past years. Make sure to adjust for two weeks prior to whenever Easter did fall that year tho.

thinking that’s going to be a difficult one for any discounts as many people do book the week prior to Easter since many kids have multiple days off school that week.

good luck

well we went ahead and booked a refundable rate for the Clarion suites….. i’m hoping AP rates come out for the middle of February soon but if not at least I have something in a very good price range

My bad, this thread has been Reopened for business

2020 & 2021 rate sticky retired, replaced by 2022. As in the past, previous year linked in post 2 of newest one

Keishashadow
Please feel free to make your post above mine in a bold print so it will catch readers eyes of your request of what to list in the new 2022 date rate thread

i like you have a new date and rate thread and also have
your chat thread for hhn 2022

I’ve been looking for mid-March dates. I held off booking until an AP discount came out, but now it looks like they increased the rates for all of the hotels for the week I need. Hoping that doesn’t mean they won’t offer an AP discount.

I’ve been looking for mid-March dates. I held off booking until an AP discount came out, but now it looks like they increased the rates for all of the hotels for the week I need. Hoping that doesn’t mean they won’t offer an AP discount.
Yes, same here. Rack rate suddenly jumped yesterday for the end of February. I cant even believe that we are considering paying $675 for a regular room at RPR, thats a really tough pill to swallow

Yes, same here. Rack rate suddenly jumped yesterday for the end of February. I cant even believe that we are considering paying $675 for a regular room at RPR, thats a really tough pill to swallow
Mine went up $90/night. We already have Gold Passes and enough dvc points, so I decided to extend our time at wdw instead. I just booked Beach Club Villas, and we are going to add Wild Africa Trek with the time/$ we’d planned at USO. We were in the fence about getting USO APs again, and the new pricing is no longer a reasonable back-up option for me if APH rates don’t come out. I’ll be back stalking this thread next year though!!

Believe the AP hotel discount perk is a powerful
Incentive for those on the fence to upgrade their park tix

Cynic in me thinking it might be the old inflate the base price, then offer a promo/sale:rolleyes1

when the dust does settle, likely will
see a small discount

That said, mid March is prime spring break. Sounds as tho advance bookings reached their metric wherein they are comfortable taking the brakes off pricing.

Cynic in me thinking it might be the old inflate the base price, then offer a promo/sale:rolleyes1
I don't think that is a cynical view at all, but just where things are headed. A couple years ago, I swear the regular rates were much lower and the APH rates maxed out around 35%. Now they look to be much more expensive but the APH rate gets close to 50%.

That would be fine, except it is getting harder to get APH rates for busy periods. We've been to UO for Thanksgiving 4 of the last 5 years. We've never had any issue getting APH rates for our stays, until 2021. Very few room available and I was checking multiple times per day. Eventually I got lucky and was able to book in two blocks.

I've been stalking President's Day weekend and not only have there been no APH rates yet, the very expensive rooms just got more expensive. I've never paid more than $325 for a room at UO, so the thought of $500-600 per night doesn't sit well with me. That feels too much like Disney pricing...

I've been stalking President's Day weekend and not only have there been no APH rates yet, the very expensive rooms just got more expensive. I've never paid more than $325 for a room at UO, so the thought of $500-600 per night doesn't sit well with me. That feels too much like Disney pricing...

Me, too. It feels like they're waiting until all the most expensive resorts are fully booked before releasing any APH rates. The hotel discounts at premium resorts are the #1 reason my family are passholders, so watching the inventory disappear while we await long-overdue APH rates is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth... if we'd known there'd be no APH rates for our February trip, we wouldn't have booked those rooms at all, but now between flights and other pre-paid arrangements and lack of inventory at alternative hotels, we're relatively stuck.

Last edited:
Me, too. It feels like they're waiting until all the most expensive resorts are fully booked before releasing any APH rates. The hotel discounts at premium resorts are the #1 reason my family are passholders, so watching the inventory disappear while we await long-overdue APH rates is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth... if we'd known there'd be no APH rates for our February trip, we wouldn't have booked those rooms at all, but now between flights and other pre-paid arrangements, we're relatively stuck.
My travelling sources say inventory is very scarce. You are right there probably won't be any APH rates on the premier resorts... Maybe at the very last minute...

My travelling sources say inventory is very scarce. You are right there probably won't be any APH rates on the premier resorts... Maybe at the very last minute...
Well this makes me happy I booked almost a year in advance. The HRH rooms I booked for may (back in July) are over $100 more per night than when I booked. I'm guessing any discount they offer will not beat the price I already have.

Well this makes me happy I booked almost a year in advance. The HRH rooms I booked for may (back in July) are over $100 more per night than when I booked. I'm guessing any discount they offer will not beat the price I already have.
It might. An AP rate is typically 33% off. So on a premier at $550 per day you would save around $180. But there probably won't be so good on you!!! That's good planning.

It might. An AP rate is typically 33% off. So on a premier at $550 per day you would save around $180. But there probably won't be so good on you!!! That's good planning.
My Disney Type A planning occasionally pays off somewhere besides Disney lol. DH laughs at me for this, but he always admits later that it was a good thing

I decided to book with the Savvy Traveler rate and then see what happens as we get closer.

Smart move. I booked the week before Christmas with Savvy Traveler and even when APH rates were released, all of my nights were not available and the ones that were were not as low as my ST rate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter