"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Snagged our tickets for Oct 8th. We will be there for 18 days (our longest trip ever!). Still debating if we want two nights. We did that last year and felt like we could really get everything done without stressing. One night was heavy on the rides and the other was the shows, parade, characters, etc.

How many rides can a solo-adult traveller expect to do if arriving Sept 30th, arriving 430pm-11pm?

Will be in town for work. Just want to do 7DMT multiple times, maybe Tron, and soak in the sights & take in the ambiance. No interested in character meet and greets.

I saw DisneyTouristBlog has a good itinerary. Only caveats are Fri crowds and the possible Sept downpour.

Can I ask what you’re referring to for blue or orange? I’m resale but it gave me the discount and my ticket says DVC. Will this be a problem? Do I need to go to GS? The top of my ticket on MDE is blue
I looked at my tix in the MDE app and the whole tix is blue. I just don't want to waste time standing in line to get in and then for them to tell me I have to go "activate it". I'm blue card so it doesn't matter if I have to go to GS to do it first but I rather use my time efficiently.

I looked at my tix in the MDE app and the whole tix is blue. I just don't want to waste time standing in line to get in and then for them to tell me I have to go "activate it". I'm blue card so it doesn't matter if I have to go to GS to do it first but I rather use my time efficiently.
Okay thanks. I haven’t heard anything about having to activate it or anything, hopefully mine just works when I get there 🤷🏽‍♀️

I just bought tickets for September 17 for DH and me. We’ll be staying at SoG. So excited! Last year, we were there on September 26, and it was a rainy start. We got caught in a downpour while standing in line at HM. The first parade was delayed for a few minutes, but it was well worth the wait. Now it’s time to start planning costumes!

Okay thanks. I haven’t heard anything about having to activate it or anything, hopefully mine just works when I get there 🤷🏽‍♀️
It says it on the email confirmation. Years ago when I had the DVC AP, I had to activate it first before I could use it. I've heard that isn't always necessary now so was curious if I actually needed to do that even though the confirmation says so.

We're debating the 8/9 party, but likely not going to do it. That being said, we're doing an adults only trip at the end of October and may do the party and a dessert party. Are the dessert parties worth the money?

Would you do a party the day before you're scheduled to check out or would you rather do a party earlier in your stay. For reference, we're flying in from the west coast. We're looking at a party dates on 8/27 or 9/2!

Would you do a party the day before you're scheduled to check out or would you rather do a party earlier in your stay. For reference, we're flying in from the west coast. We're looking at a party dates on 8/27 or 9/2!
"the day before you're scheduled to check out" I'd say yes. It worked great for us because checkout day we sleep later, even with a morning flight out - still later then when we hit the parks.

I usually stay at CTR or Poly. Anyone know how it works for the WL. Is the WL boat still operating for party close?

I usually stay at CTR or Poly. Anyone know how it works for the WL. Is the WL boat still operating for party close?
The boat is still going, but be prepared to run through a bunch of bugs gathered under the bright lights on the dock. I didn't think it was a big deal but the tweens in my party insisted we take the bus after one round of bug dodging.

We're debating the 8/9 party, but likely not going to do it. That being said, we're doing an adults only trip at the end of October and may do the party and a dessert party. Are the dessert parties worth the money?
I did a dessert party to see MVMCP fireworks and came to the conclusion it was too much of time suck during parties- and if you try to eat and watch at the seated party to keep the time suck down the view is not very good.

It comes down to how tired do you think you'll be? I go for about a week and by the end of a week at WDW I am exhausted, so when I do a party I want to do it toward the front of my trip if I can. Bonus part about early in the trip coming from the west coast is you aren't time adjusted yet and that's working in your favor with party hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter