"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Trying to plan our dates for August. Typically there hasn't been a Sunday party in August. With the popularity last year do you think they will be adding more party days earlier?

We'll be at MNSSHP in September 2024!! We were on the first party night in 2023 when it was a thousand degrees! Hopefully September will be a bit cooler:flower:
One can hope! We did a Sept party last year and it was HOT!! Need to find cooler costumes this year as well be doing an Aug party. We went as are my and Linguinne and even though my pants were capri-length, the chefs coat and hat were sweat-inducing!!

So excited, we went last year for the first time and we will be going back again for this Halloween for MNSSHP. GOing to try to add a couple days at Universal to do Horror Nights too. Already planning/started our group costume. For a hint.... this is the water bottle bag I made for myself. Now to work on the actual costumes lol.

View attachment 840481

Would this be Pigs In Space?!

How is park attendance during normal hours, on party days? Lower, because people have to leave early (if not attending party)? We don't plan on doing any of the parties, but wondering if we should avoid party days so we get the full day+fireworks, or going on a party day if ride lines will be shorter...

How is park attendance during normal hours, on party days? Lower, because people have to leave early (if not attending party)? We don't plan on doing any of the parties, but wondering if we should avoid party days so we get the full day+fireworks, or going on a party day if ride lines will be shorter...
If you have more than one day in the MK, I would HIGHLY recommend going on a party day as the crowds are lower. Once the party schedule comes out, the first thing I do is plan most of our MK days ON party days due to how much we can get done. We can often do more on a party day with shorter hours than we can on a non-party day with larger crowds and thus longer waits.

Thank you for asking that! I was wondering the same thing... Waiting for the party dates so we can finalize our plans :)

If you have more than one day in the MK, I would HIGHLY recommend going on a party day as the crowds are lower.
One caveat to this. The crowds are lower in the morning. They build up quickly in the afternoon as people start arriving who are doing the party and have multi-day passes and AP’s, and then they really really build up once they start letting the party ticket people in (usually around 3:30ish). If you’re going to MK for “lower” crowds on a party day, I recommend planning to hop at lunchtime.

Did this with our then, 8 and 6 year olds. We really enjoyed seeing the park this way. It was really special! Judging by all of these photos, we have barely scratched the surface. I need to dig in on this one!!

Heading back in mid-Oct this year and splitting our stay between BCV and then VGF (6/6 nights). Can't wait! Maybe we will do it twice this year?!

One caveat to this. The crowds are lower in the morning. They build up quickly in the afternoon as people start arriving who are doing the party and have multi-day passes and AP’s, and then they really really build up once they start letting the party ticket people in (usually around 3:30ish). If you’re going to MK for “lower” crowds on a party day, I recommend planning to hop at lunchtime.
I can’t say that has been our experience.

Crowds for us were comfortable until 4:00 when the park opened to party guests. We visited 3 different party days in 2023 and I can’t say I experienced a huge influx of guests. Hopping was restricted to 2:00 at that time but even then we toured with much more ease than when we visited on a non-party day.

That's great to know. We are planning two days at MK. So maybe we'll do one party day and one non (so we can do fireworks at least once)
December last year we did one MK day inbetween three party days to catch the fireworks. The fireworks crowd was insane. The hub spots that we like were claimed over two and a half hours out and the whole area was packed two hours out.

I wouldn't do it again.

December last year we did one MK day inbetween three party days to catch the fireworks. The fireworks crowd was insane. The hub spots that we like were claimed over two and a half hours out and the whole area was packed two hours out.

I wouldn't do it again.
What week of December what that? We've gone Christmas week when it was very crowded and also earlier in the month when the crowds where much more manageable.

What week of December what that? We've gone Christmas week when it was very crowded and also earlier in the month when the crowds where much more manageable.
It was the first week of Dec. The park crowds were manageable. It was the one regular MK firework crowd when the two days prior had been parties and the next day was a party that was nuts.

I just wouldn't do the regular fireworks show again under that circumstance. We are going at that same time this year and hope to get shorter ride queues during that time.

I wouldn't do it again.
Gaston’s Tavern area. You won’t see the castle, but it’s almost always empty for fireworks and a great viewing spot for the main fireworks. Second option (although more crowded) is Tomorrowland near space mountain. Still won’t see the castle, but you’ll see both sets of fireworks (and Tinkerbell) and it won’t be wall to wall people.

Last edited:
Ok I only asked because I thought I saw last year those saying onsite tickets go on sale a few days before those staying offsite.
Maybe they did, but I don't recall that. Hopefully someone will respond with a definitive answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter