"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

I will be in MK on a party day but I’m not going. Will we be rushed out the door or what? I have never done this before. We usually avoid the parks having a special event.

I will be in MK on a party day but I’m not going. Will we be rushed out the door or what? I have never done this before. We usually avoid the parks having a special event.

Yes, they will start walking non-party guests out at 6pm.

You could take the bus to SSresort and try to get home from there if get desperate.

Not sure if accurate/if I checked correct Hilton but maps say only 1 mile away so walkable perhaps.,
We did that when we went to the party in 2021. It was much more confusing in the dark than it probably should have been. And all the walking paths from SSR that way said closed after dark. It wasn't too bad as it was just 2 adults then. I'll have my kids with me this time, so I'd prefer not to have to do that. Tho I will if we have to.

ETA: I think we took a wrong turn and ended up on a path we shouldn't have lol

Last edited:

At 6PM you will not be allowed to remain in the park, join an attraction line or enter a store.

That being said, even though this is the case, I would still plan to go to MK on a party day if you don't mind missing the fireworks that day.

After 6PM the park is only for party guests who have paid extra for the party.

We did that when we went to the party in 2021. It was much more confusing in the dark than it probably should have been. And all the walking paths from SSR that way said closed after dark. It wasn't too bad as it was just 2 adults then. I'll have my kids with me this time, so I'd prefer not to have to do that. Tho I will if we have to.

ETA: I think we took a wrong turn and ended up on a path we shouldn't have lol
It is tricky in the dark! I have to use my “maps” in my phone to make sure I’m heading the correct way. I have to , I get lost even when sunny😂

It is tricky in the dark! I have to use my “maps” in my phone to make sure I’m heading the correct way. I have to , I get lost even when sunny😂
Yeah, we tried the maps. And it kept trying to take us thru the parking lot, thru the hedges to the sidewalk. Really, I am going to blame it on exhaustion. We did a kid free, girls trip and walked like 65 miles in 5 days. I swore I'd never stay off property again. But then I Disney math myself right into it..

At six cast members start checking for wrist bands at rides, and along some walkways. No one rushes you out, but you will be gently corralled onto main street. And then out of the park.

Does anyone have experience of what the wait for buses are like at the end of a party night please?

I am contemplating swapping our beach club room for one at a monorail resort as I have complex health problems that will result in me wanting to get to bed asap!

anyone else notice the new hours.....

On the party for the 19th they have no times for the "MMMC" (castle show) or the Parade. They are there for the 21st & 22nd (and Sunday 26th).

We will be at Pop on January 8th with Park-Hopper passes for two days start on Tuesday the 9th when no more reservations are needed. My kids are really into rides and older, 18 and 21. They want to maximize the parks for their thrill rides and start off at Hollywood Studios at the drop.

Any recommendations what rides they need to hit first and then what park they should hit after Hollywoods in regards to thrill rides?

We will be at Pop on January 8th with Park-Hopper passes for two days start on Tuesday the 9th when no more reservations are needed. My kids are really into rides and older, 18 and 21. They want to maximize the parks for their thrill rides and start off at Hollywood Studios at the drop.

Any recommendations what rides they need to hit first and then what park they should hit after Hollywoods in regards to thrill rides?
Are you planning to buy Genie+? That will help to maximize your time. At DHS you need to ropedrop Rise or Slinkydog right away. The waits for those get high really quickly. Waits will start to creep up early for RocknRoller and Tower, but if you prioritize those next with booking Lightning Lanes, you should get on those by lunch or so. Epcot is the closest from DHS so you might then head there but you'll need to either pay for Individual Lightning Lane for Guardians or get in the VQ right at 1:00 (remember you have to be in Ep for the 1:00 VQ). Test Track and Soarin are pretty much the remaining thrill rides at Ep but aren't necessarily on par with other coasters.

If you don't go to Ep from DHS, if they want the most thrill rides, MK is the best bet. The new Tron coaster is awesome but is a rather short ride. It was worth paying for the ILL and quick fingers to get the VQ at 7:00 when we were there last month. My boys (7 and 11) hadn't watched the 2 Tron movies but still loved the ride. Managed to ride it Then look to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mtn and Big Thunder. Big Thunder also tends to be a walk on toward the later evening hours.

Are you planning to buy Genie+? That will help to maximize your time. At DHS you need to ropedrop Rise or Slinkydog right away. The waits for those get high really quickly. Waits will start to creep up early for RocknRoller and Tower, but if you prioritize those next with booking Lightning Lanes, you should get on those by lunch or so. Epcot is the closest from DHS so you might then head there but you'll need to either pay for Individual Lightning Lane for Guardians or get in the VQ right at 1:00 (remember you have to be in Ep for the 1:00 VQ). Test Track and Soarin are pretty much the remaining thrill rides at Ep but aren't necessarily on par with other coasters.

If you don't go to Ep from DHS, if they want the most thrill rides, MK is the best bet. The new Tron coaster is awesome but is a rather short ride. It was worth paying for the ILL and quick fingers to get the VQ at 7:00 when we were there last month. My boys (7 and 11) hadn't watched the 2 Tron movies but still loved the ride. Managed to ride it Then look to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mtn and Big Thunder. Big Thunder also tends to be a walk on toward the later evening hours.
Its been a while, what is a Genie+?

What is 1:00 VQ? Thanks for all the info

Hello, Been to halloween Party a couple times, tends to feel crowded. Since the price is so much more, almost double for Xmas party, do they let less people in for the Xmas Party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter