"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Thanks. Follow up question: What time does the virtual queue begin for a party? Is it at exactly 7 PM or is it also one of the ones you have to jump on in the morning at 7 AM?

Also, would all three members of my party have to be logged into the same MDE account and all of us trying at the same exact second to get a VQ spot?
It opens at 6 I think

Thanks. Follow up question: What time does the virtual queue begin for a party? Is it at exactly 7 PM or is it also one of the ones you have to jump on in the morning at 7 AM?

Also, would all three members of my party have to be logged into the same MDE account and all of us trying at the same exact second to get a VQ spot?
The party drop for MVMCP will be at 6PM. You will not need to have tapped into the MK to try for a VQ position. Groups will be called anytime from 6PM onwards. You can have as many people as you wish logged in to MDE (1 account or more) to try for the VQ. In Aug we had 2 people logged into my account. Sometimes my DD was successful, other times it was me and another time it was a family friend whom we were meeting in the park that day.
We are having a MK park day on a party day and we also have tickets to the party that same night (11/22). Our group is a mix of adults and kids. What is your advice regarding purchasing Genie+/LL for the day (I know it is not available during the party)? I have read to expect lower crowds and thus lower wait times. But even a 30-40 minute wait time can seem long if we have multiples of those. We haven't decided if we will rope drop as that will make for a really long day. I don't know if park arrival time should factor into our decision to buy Genie+ or not. Thanks for advice.
It's really personal choice. Your wait will be less with G+. If it's worth it to you is only something you really know. Will the Thanksgiving crowds have started by your trip? If so that could make a difference. I would recommend watching the wait times in the days leading up to your party to help you decide.

The party drop for MVMCP will be at 6PM. You will not need to have tapped into the MK to try for a VQ position. Groups will be called anytime from 6PM onwards. You can have as many people as you wish logged in to MDE (1 account or more) to try for the VQ. In Aug we had 2 people logged into my account. Sometimes my DD was successful, other times it was me and another time it was a family friend whom we were meeting in the park that day.

Thanks so much! Could I trouble you to look at this thread I posted with questions about non-MVMCP concerns?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...o-genie-at-7am-to-get-the-good-stuff.3933367/

Thanks!

OMG I am sooooo excited for the party food!!!! The Halloween parties always have foods we can't eat (so many spicy things) so the Christmas party food list is AMAZING!!! Love all the peppermint options! Can't wait until our party night, gonna cancel the dining reservation we had before it now.

In years past, did the QS have normal offerings as well as the holiday food? I need to be careful what I eat and would like to have more options.

In years past, did the QS have normal offerings as well as the holiday food? I need to be careful what I eat and would like to have more options.

They did at the Halloween party, so I'm assuming they will at the Christmas party too, but not every place will be open.

They did at the Halloween party, so I'm assuming they will at the Christmas party too, but not every place will be open.
Thank you for the info. I'll be following this thread as people start posting about the Christmas party for this year. We don't go until Dec 3 so there should be plenty of feedback of what is open by then.

My family spent one memorable night at the Grand Floridian watching them put up the tree and decorations. We were staying in the Royal Palm CL which is in the main building and one of the cast members clued us in that the tree would be going up that night. It was so much fun watching it all happen. We also stayed at the Wilderness Lodge one year to awake to all the decorations being up.

Now that the final MNSSHP is behind us, let the Christmas decorating begin!!!

I’ve always thought how much I’d love to be there this week one year when you visit the MK one day and it’s decorated for Halloween and the next day - Christmas!!
I’m thinking about doing that 2 for 1 next year.:)

Just got tickets for 12/7! Pretty excited. I did the after hours one in 2021, but have never been to an actual party. I Disney mathed my way right into this party lol. We are going to an event at Universal on the 8&9th. Then I was like hey, flights are cheaper on Wed than on Thursday. And well, we could just stay at one the Hiltons in DS and use points so the room won't cost us anything. And that would save us the cost of the Universal room on Thursday night. So really the party only cost us like$300 for the 4 of us lol. I love Disney math.

But has anyone had to uber or try to get back to one of the DS hotels after a party? How horrible is it?

Just got tickets for 12/7! Pretty excited. I did the after hours one in 2021, but have never been to an actual party. I Disney mathed my way right into this party lol. We are going to an event at Universal on the 8&9th. Then I was like hey, flights are cheaper on Wed than on Thursday. And well, we could just stay at one the Hiltons in DS and use points so the room won't cost us anything. And that would save us the cost of the Universal room on Thursday night. So really the party only cost us like$300 for the 4 of us lol. I love Disney math.

But has anyone had to uber or try to get back to one of the DS hotels after a party? How horrible is it?
Sounds like me! I tacked on MVMCP to our OI event too, but we're going 11/17-11/18 and Mickey's party on the 16th. Sorry, I can't help with your uber question. We're planning to rent a van. Have fun!!!

See ya there! I’m going to the party 12/7 too! I’ll be the one wearing a Minnie Mouse Santa hat riding my decorated ECV!

Same boat of doing the party in 2021 and now doing to actually party.

Hey, I'll be at the meetup on the 8th and 9th. We are doing the MVMCP on the 10th.

You could take the bus to SSresort and try to get home from there if get desperate.

Not sure if accurate/if I checked correct Hilton but maps say only 1 mile away so walkable perhaps.,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter