"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

I would really like to get tickets for our arrival day, but my step daughter and grandson won’t be in until 4:16pm at MCO. Will it still be worth it if we don’t arrive to MK until 6:30ish?
The party doesn’t officially start until 7 so you’d still be able to enjoy the full party but the unknown is the flight. If it is delayed it could greatly alter your plans.

Regarding the parade(s). I can recall in years past the parade would start in Frontierland for the first one, and would reverse upon the 2nd parade. I don't think I recall them doing that the last time we attended, but has this been happening with any of the party parades recently?

I know this isn't related to this year, but is there usually a party that first or second Thursday in November? My daughter's birthday is November 7 and I'm thinking of flying down with her for a day next year and doing the Christmas party.

I know this isn't related to this year, but is there usually a party that first or second Thursday in November? My daughter's birthday is November 7 and I'm thinking of flying down with her for a day next year and doing the Christmas party.
The last time that 11/7 was on a Thursday was 2019. That year, the first Christmas party was Friday the 8th.

The last time that 11/7 was on a Thursday was 2019. That year, the first Christmas party was Friday the 8th.

Yes, but since the party came back after covid it appears that that Thursday (not always the 7th, but that day of the week) has been a party night. I know it isn't for sure, but just confirming if that seems right.

Didn’t they give out soft pretzels one year? Do they not do that anymore?

That was the Very Merriest After Hours event that they did one year after covid. It is not the same thing as the party.

And I know they did popcorn and ice cream then, but I don't remember pretzels.

That was the Very Merriest After Hours event that they did one year after covid. It is not the same thing as the party.

And I know they did popcorn and ice cream then, but I don't remember pretzels.
We haven’t been to MVMCP since 2019 so it wasn’t the after hours event. We definitely had soft pretzels one year and I swear they were shaped like a snowman. Maybe I’m thinking of something else. I’m gonna have to look back through my pictures and see. We got them at Tortuga Tavern.

ETA: I knew I wasn’t crazy lol! https://chipandco.com/tortuga-tavern-mvmcp-treats-329014/

We haven’t been to MVMCP since 2019 so it wasn’t the after hours event. We definitely had soft pretzels one year and I swear they were shaped like a snowman. Maybe I’m thinking of something else. I’m gonna have to look back through my pictures and see. We got them at Tortuga Tavern.

ETA: I knew I wasn’t crazy lol! https://chipandco.com/tortuga-tavern-mvmcp-treats-329014/

I know you were correct because I loved the snowman pretzels. I thought it was a every year thing but haven't been to a Christmas party in a long time. Do they still do the snow cones?

Yes, but since the party came back after covid it appears that that Thursday (not always the 7th, but that day of the week) has been a party night. I know it isn't for sure, but just confirming if that seems right.
Yes, but those cases it was the 2nd Thursday of the month, as the 1st Thursday was the 2nd or 3rd of November. You have to go all the way back to 2016 to see the party starting as early as the 7th.

Which is all to say I think it's a toss up for next year. It's quite possible they don't turn things over fast enough to start MVMCP on the 7th if they're doing MNSSHP on the 31st. They could also do that they're doing this year and sneak in one more Halloween party on the 1st, which I think would make the chances of a Christmas party on the 7th much lower.

Saw elsewhere that the new Frozen castle show is starting Nov. 7th. Projections will never replace the castle lights in my opinion, and I am tired of projections being so ubiquitous, but my granddaughter loves Elsa, so we will plan to see this when we go in 2024. (If Elsa is still popular) :)
Thanks Monique for doing this thread for so long. You do such a good job and it helps so much in planning a holiday trip. I thought after our 2022 trip that MVMCP was going to be a one and done for us, but with so many party nights during our week in November, I am drawn to it again!!

I know you were correct because I loved the snowman pretzels. I thought it was an every year thing but haven't been to a Christmas party in a long time. Do they still do the snow cones?
It looks like maybe they don’t do either of those anymore 😕 It would be nice to have an option besides only cookies

It looks like maybe they don’t do either of those anymore 😕 It would be nice to have an option besides only cookies
Being diabetic, I totally agree! I think they had small bags of hard pretzels as an alternative when we were there in 2022, but that doesn’t really help me :)

If it’s a single day ticket, but to add a day to a ticket is usually less, 70-100 depending on the length of the ticket you already have.
Only if your staying there awhile. We just bought 3 ay park tickets and they are only $3 cheaper than the 1 day ticket. Over $900 for 2 people for 3 days for the second week of November. That's nearly $200 more than our Seasonal AP at Universal. We have comped Disney tickets that are good until 2031 but I am keeping them as who knows what the price of tickets will be then.

Does anyone remember how late the characters meet? Specifically, Mickey. I was wondering if I could catch him after the 11 PM parade. By the time the parade gets up to Main Street and it’s over it’s usually about 11:40.
Some of the specialty characters have various time slots that do change or end. Personally I've visited Mickey almost every MNSSHP or MVMCP right around 11:55pm - wait has never been greater than 20 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter