"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Allergy friendly treats are available. I'm not sure of the precise locations, but they'll be listed on the event map.

Are peanut-free treats readily available at the party? Are they in a separate location from the regular treat

Typically, cookies and hot chocolate or cider are free treats at MVMCP. Party map shows locations and cookie types. I don't remember any cookies with nuts last year.

I clicked other dates on UT and saw the banner saying how much $ I'd save. But the night we are going (12/21st) it does not have that banner. So, it actually costs more through UT for our date - which surprised me.

I *think* (but don't quote me because I buy direct) that UT tickets are fully refundable where as Disney tickets are not, so this would be the benefit of paying a bit more.

I *think* (but don't quote me because I buy direct) that UT tickets are fully refundable where as Disney tickets are not, so this would be the benefit of paying a bit more.
Good to know...I tried checking but the UT site is down right now.

UT tickets are 95% refundable I believe. I've never seen them more than Disney prices though, that is strange.

UT tickets are 95% refundable I believe. I've never seen them more than Disney prices though, that is strange.

FYI for anyone considering...the UT Christmas party tickets are NOT refundable. I did a pretend reservation until I would have had to pay and this message was very clear.

This ticket is non-refundable.​

This is fantastic! We're going to our first Very Merry Christmas this year on Dec 22 and are super excited! We had tickets last year but the little one got sick the night before we were to leave for FL :( We were able to get our unused tickets updated for this year's party and we can't wait! I had no idea about the upcoming 12ks of Christmas either until seeing this thread! Thanks so much for posting @monique5 !

I heard that last year the line to get into the Christmas party started forming WAY before 3pm and then the line starts moving when they allow people in at 4pm. If I want to skip the party entry/line crowds, what time does the line dwindle down?

FYI for anyone considering...the UT Christmas party tickets are NOT refundable. I did a pretend reservation until I would have had to pay and this message was very clear.

This ticket is non-refundable.​

Yep, this changed this year. I bought MVMCP tickets from UT last year and they were refundable, as are this year's MNSSHP tickets. However, for some reason, MVMCP and Jollywood tickets through them are non-refundable this year. I asked chat why this was and they couldn't give me a good answer besides "this is what our supplier told us."

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been covered! I have AP vouchers for a trip in late October and November. I went ahead and bought MVMCP and Jollywood online, as we can only go opening night for both and I could not get through on the phone. Does GS refund the difference for AP discounts, or do you need an active AP when you purchase?

I had asked this question last year but it was on the Restaurant Board. https://www.disboards.com/threads/minnie’s-wonderful-christmastime-fireworks-dessert-party.3895939/

I do remember the dessert parties are uploaded all at once and I did go and thought it was a great way to see the show, although very pricey. I'm not sure it is as necessary as a regular evening dessert party as the evening is less crowded. I'd love to here everyone's experience of watching the fireworks without the party. Was it crowded?

MNSSHP Dessert Party's will be released July 18th for all evenings (only if you have a ticket purchased) with the first party in August. MVMCP Dessert Party was the same last year. All the dates at once the month before the first party, so don't get discouraged and give up at 60 days because they will NOT be there.

For the party merch, typically when is that rolled out and should I be prepared to line up hours early for a chance at it?

For those who hav gone in the past, do you know if the characters will sign autographs during the party??? We has wooden signs made for our kids to have the characters sign so we can hang them in their rooms when we get back and I am thinking there will be a good amount of less commonly seen characters at the party! I just don't want to lug the signs and sharpies around if these characters do not sign autographs during party hours.

For the party merch, typically when is that rolled out and should I be prepared to line up hours early for a chance at it?

Not 100% sure on the timing but I know I was at the front of the park around 6pm last year for the Christmas Party and they had already started closing and sweeping out the Emporium. A delightful cast member let me into the store and the merch was already out. Not a lot of people were in the store so it wasn't too crazy. This was the first time I had seen stores swept and controlled entry like that (but this was also the first time I was near the front of the park at 6pmish for a party, usually I am in the back at HM). I mostly just remember the party exclusives behind the counter and by request only like AP exclusives.

The fireworks are great and not crowded. We went to the dessert party on another night in the park and enjoyed the seated area food and drinks.

Not 100% sure on the timing but I know I was at the front of the park around 6pm last year for the Christmas Party and they had already started closing and sweeping out the Emporium. A delightful cast member let me into the store and the merch was already out. Not a lot of people were in the store so it wasn't too crazy. This was the first time I had seen stores swept and controlled entry like that (but this was also the first time I was near the front of the park at 6pmish for a party, usually I am in the back at HM). I mostly just remember the party exclusives behind the counter and by request only like AP exclusives.
Thank you for the information. I am thinking once I get my wristbands to head over and ask. I don't think it would hurt asking when I arrive at the park in the morning to ask a Cast Member at the Emporium.

This year is our first Very Merry Christmas party and I was wondering if they have party-exclusive Christmas ornaments. I'd love to take one home as a souvenir!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter